Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat # 296

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat # 296

Marti
05-13-2008, 04:03 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support:grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Sassy_Chick
05-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Hola.

Marti --Sorry to hear there is chaos at your work too. lol. At least mine is just schedule changes -- so far at least. People are leaving left and right though. But whatcha gonna do? Like my co-worker said, there is always something going on somewhere..........True enough. At least I know the little weasels and what not around here. lol. Anywho, thanks for the :hug: I appreciate it and :hug: back to you as well my friend.

I took a little siesta on my lunch in my car and I feel better. Amazing what getting away from your desk does. ;) I did get a bit of walking in as well. :running: not a lot, but some. Small steps.......eventually I'll be walking miles on my lunch! ha ha! lol.

For the most part I just need for next week to be over and done with then I will be off 5 days and I desperately need that! Plus my mom is coming up too, so I think we both can use the time together........

:hug:

short & sassy
05-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Good morning ladies,

Marti, I hope everything at work settles down soon.

Pat, are the plants in the ground yet? I still haven't but my shrubs in the ground. I should have done it Saturday, now it will have to wait until this weekend.

Sassy, a nap at lunch would be nice...but I'd be afraid of sleeping past lunch. I know you are looking forward to your time off. Maybe I should schedule some time off just to finish up some things around the house!

I'm off to the shower, going to work and have a dr appointment later. The shoulder isn't as bad as yesterday, but it is still bothering me. Probably just part of getting older and I must say, I'm not being very graceful about it! LOL

Dixiemae
05-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies, I hope every one has a good Tuesday.

Mindee~You are awesome. You are doing so good.

Trish~Mindee~Amanda~ If You ladies team up to motivate each other the sky wouldn't limit you as to what you will accomplish! Go for the glory. You will also be inspiring the rest of us.

Short and Sassy~Our seeds and flowers are not in the ground just yet. Today is the big day. The sun is up, the sky is blue, but storms are forecasted about 2 pm. I would like to have most of it done by then. I can't wait to get it done. The rain will be the best medicine for newly planted seeds and transplants. You still have plenty of time to get your flat of flowers planted. Here In Indiana we are just out of the frost danger Zone.

Ruth~How are you??

Marti~I hope things settle down for you at work. Can you mediate during breaks or lunch. Can you take a walk at lunch to just get away, get a breath of fresh air and a little sun to brighten your day? A little desk yoga? You don't need the stress!

To all the Jaded Ladies Have A Wonderful Day! Thanks Pat

Marti
05-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Good morning ladies....

In the process of getting ready for work, thought I would take a breather and check in.

I didn't do so well w/keeping up w/the last thread, so hopefully I can keep up here!

Sassy--There have been schedule changes in our company also. We've had a few who have left, a couple who took their retirement early and a couple who are actively looking for another job. I really enjoy my job, just the stress can sometimes put me in a place I don't want to be. I am happy to read that you're feeling better! And with 5 days off in your near future....that's something to celebrate!

Ruth--Have a good day at work today. Are you going to the doctors to have them look at your shoulder? I hope they provide you with something to be able to alleviate some pain.

Pat--Our company actually has a "meditating room"! I've been in there a few times and it's very nice. Only thing is, it's at the very end of the building and by the time I get there, there is only 10mins or so left of my break. I get 2 half hour breaks at work. Now....if I only took BOTH breaks! May have to work that in today.

Good morning to the rest of you girls. As you all know, I'm getting ready to head off to work early. If I catch up during the week, I won't have to come in during the weekend. (It's my DD weekend, so that is why I don't want to work it---even though she says she can hang out w/James)

I have not been doing very well with my exercises!! :yikes: I haven't walked or done any form of it since Thursday. So today after work....I'm making sure I get some exercises in!

Well ladies....time is going by much faster than I would like it to, so I better finish getting ready and head off to work. I will try to pop in later tonight to catch up w/the rest of you.

You all have a wonderful day! :hug:

pattygirl63
05-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Amanda & Mindee - I think you two young ladies are going to be my "inspiration". :hug: So yes, I will band with you for us to encourage each other and be there to help each other. It really helps when we have someone being our "cheerleaders" :cheer: as we go. Thanks.
:hug:Trish

suetalks
05-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Good morning ladies. Yes, Pat, we do have sunshine in Indiana today. But boy, was it nippy this morning. I think it is beautiful now and I am heading to the yard to pick up some twigs and such after all the rain and wind. Hope you get the plants in the ground.

Ruth- I certainly hope the shoulder is better and that the Dr. report is not bad. You have a ways to go to old age missy! But they do say that getting old is not for sissies. I am going to be 60 this year and Mom turned 80 so I know about old age.

Sassy- I hope that you are not so blue today. Hard to get used to a new schedule isn't it? I do believe that if you get out in the fresh air during lunch it will improve your mood. It would be better yet if you have a "chatty" co-worker to walk with. I miss my neighbor from the other house. She chatted or I should say, we chatted and the walk didn't seem so bad. (my DH isn't so gabby) :hug:

Marti- Sorry to hear that work is a drag. I, for one, hate change, so would be a wreck. Like I told Sassy...try to get out in the fresh air. Totally helps! :cool:

Mindee- I loved hearing about Brandon and the flowers. He is so cute, as all 3 of your babies are. You will receive many more flowers and school projects in the next 18 or so years. :D

Trish- Good luck on SBD. I lasted 11 days on that one time. Mainly due to DH wanting to stop...I am sure I could have stayed on forever and lost all my weight. haha...Not. I can't manage to stay on ANY eating program more than a few weeks. No willpower. You truly have your plan going.

Amanda- I used to eat more on week-ends also. Now that we are retired it is a struggle to stay out of the kitchen every day. As I mentioned above I have little will power.

Tammy- Hi lady! Sounds like you might get a new buddy (Francie) Wouldn't that be nice? I thought your massage sounded wonderful awhile back. I hope it helped.

Francie- Yes, do connect with Tammy. So much nicer to have someone you know in the area. I flew to CA with my baby DD to meet up with my Navy hubby years ago. I knew no one and the first couple of weeks was rainy season so no one was outdoors. By the end of 2 gloomy weeks I wanted to go home. (not to mention temp. housing was in a muddy area) Things perked up and I enjoyed my time in CA and made many friends.

Cristina- Hope you are well. :wave:

Jane- Have fun and hurry back.

Lots of other Jaded Ladies out there and I am not ignoring you....Hi and good day to all.

I just managed to run outdoors and feed the rose bushes and some other plants. Sprayed for bugs and walked and fed Baby. Mom is gone for the day so I am dog sitting. Now I am getting ready to do the "dreaded" ironing.

Bye for now.

short & sassy
05-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Good morning ladies...

Well, my neck and shoulder problems are just what I thought they were. Arthritis!! It seems I have a spur on one vertebrae and then the disc is wearing thin in the one below it. I didn't see the dr, I saw his PA. She was really young and really sweet. She explained everything in the xrays to me. She prescribed a stronger muscle relaxer for after work and weekends, I need to stay on Naprozen (anti inflamatory) and I am scheduled for heat and massage therapy twice a week. I am so hoping that we have seen the last cold spell, because I don't like this pain!!

Sue, thanks for the encouragement. I think I've been old all my life!! LOL I say that because I was only 16 when I got married the first time around and it was an abusive relationship, I grew up pretty fast after that. So I guess I just feel older than I really am!

Trish, Amanda & Mindee, we are all on the sidelines cheering ya'll on!!

Marti, this is a hard thread to keep up with. But that is a good thing! LOL I have learned to check it several times a day, if not...I can't keep up.

Well, back to work for me. Talk with you girls later.

suetalks
05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Ruth...Good news, well, sorta on the pains. I always say "it could be worse."
I also got married at 16 the first time. Had two beautiful daughters and a 10 year marriage that I thought was fine. I guess it wasn't, as he left and had a GF. Yikes. The wife is always the last to know.

Well, ladies, I also check in often now since I don't have to dial-up. Just took a break from ironing for a quick lunch with DH and walked Baby around our circle. Hey, that's 1/3 mile every time I take her.
Did 2 miles yesterday, so I am slowly getting back in the swing of things.

Okay..break over and back to ironing. Ugh!

Dixiemae
05-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Good afternoon Ladies, Guess What???? We got the majority of the garden planted. Yup, it is in the ground and ready to grow. We planted corn, green pole beans, cucumber, peas, tomato(not arrived yet) cages set-ready to grow, yellow pole beans, lima beans, cauliflower, radishes, butter lettuce, Romaine lettuce, carrots, cantalope, watermellon, pumpkin, zucchini, my eggplants have not arrived yet. Now, I have my flower beds to plant and my potato spuds left. The package of flowers that was to arrive Friday came in the mail today :D. I can plant that in the garage even if it rains as the soil will be dry.

Short and Sassy~I have oa in my neck and shoulders. I know how you feel. I take Mobic for my inflamation. The hips and knees really snap crackle and pop. Makes me feel older than I am. Do you have a pillow that supports your neck? The therapy will help you feel better. Keep me posted.

Suetalks~It turned out to be a beautiful day. Yes, it is breezy here. Got the windows open to let it cool the house. Did you get your planting done? We are forecasted to have rain about 11pm.

Sassy~Are you feeling better today? Things settle down for you?

Marti~Can you do some light stretching at your desk or break room? Even the ladies lounge might work. Some thing to help you relax and ease the stress? It sounds like the meditation room is too far away to be effective. The exercise will come back to you. Please don't bite off too much and over do it.

Mindee~you are quiet today. Ya ok? I am trying to find out something about the tomato plant thing you were telling me about.

I need to walk Noelle, then start winding down for the night. Tomorrow I am helping my Neice ready her garden plot for tilling. We might have to duck and dive the rain showers :). I think we can get it started.

Everyone have a good evening. Thanks Pat

Amany
05-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Hello All!!

Support from a couple of people with similar stats may be just what I need to get back on the exercise wagon. I was doing great for a while. Then I got sick one week, and things have been sporadic ever since. I really should pop in my Leslie Sansone dvd this evening. I have a great exercise plan, I just need to follow through.

Trish, I love the way you said "banding together". I couldn't think of a good term to use and I didn't want to use the word "competition", because I don't want to compete with you guys. I want to see us reach our goals together. And, as you said, inspire one another.

Sassy_Chick, I envy you! I have a week off in July for shutdown. I can't wait either. In the past three years I've had literally one off day to myself. I'm so glad the company my husband works for isn't off during that time.

Marti - I hope the rest of this week flies by for you. I'm having a long week myself. It's not much fun. Thankfully, we have jobs though, right?

Hi there SueTalks. You make, I think, the third person from Indiana I've "met" here. If I had to judge from the three of you, I'd assume it's a friendly place! I hope you're enjoying retirement. I think I'd have trouble with the refrigerator too.

Short and Sassy - I hope those meds and massage work for you. I agree. This thread moves like lightening.

Dixie! You've been a busy lady. I'm gonna come to your house and make myself a big bowl of salad. :)

Well, Ladies, I should get crackin on that Leslie Sansone dvd. I have one of her early ones that's a four mile. It's so 80s looking. It's effective though.
Have a great night everyone!

tommysgirl18
05-13-2008, 11:27 PM
anybody want a 2 1/2 year old? Logan has been a little demon child since Saturday night when we picked them up from the sitter! Today he decided to play with his poop in his room. I was soooooo mad.....then to top it off a little while later, he decided to dump Tommy's Iced Tea all over the kitchen floor! So, I had to mop the floor and then make dinner.

I didn't get a chance to soak my feet last night because, of course, Marissa had other plans like usual! BUT they did feel better after I took her for a walk.......I don't know how that worked out but it did.

Amanda~ I do the 2 Mile Walk N Tone Leslie Sansone dvd in the morning after I get my son on the bus. Then at night my daughter seems to not be happy unless we go for a walk around the complex. So, three trips around the complex equals 2.5 miles. But I have been working on bumping that up.

Trish & Amanda~ I say we rock this and start shedding those pounds!

Pat~ Nope, nothing is wrong on this end. Tuesdays are my long nights. My hubby is a Mason, and Tuesdays are the nights of his meetings, so I usually don't get alone until after the kids are in bed. This coming Thursday we are going to the zoo, so I will probably not be on until later Thursday night. And then Saturday my hubby has a function with the Masons, so I will be here at home with the kids until he gets home. BUT I will make it worth something.....

I am going to be getting some more Leslie Sansone workout dvds when we get some extra money.

pattygirl63
05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Well, today was a busy day. Got up early and went to get my hair cut and then 2 doors down to get my nail fills. I was going to have a pedicure, but I got up during the night and the toilet wouldn't shut off. I removed the tank top to stop it and dropped the cleanser on my foot and put a bruise on it. So there was no way I was going to allow anyone to scrub and massage a sore foot. Came back and got DH and we went to Staples and then out to eat at Ryan's. I had what I call a "scheduled" off plan meal. I got a baked chicken breast and tried to eat it, but it was way too dry :( so I ate most of a chicken leg that I took the skin and batter off of. I had a very good salad with a little bit of FF dressing and some broccoli spears. The off plan part was the slice of carrot cake I had for dessert which is my favorite and I only eat it when we go to Ryan's which isn't all that often. I got right back OP at snack time. Then we went to Wal-Mart and I stocked up on all the foods that I need to be 100% on P1 of the new SBD book. Been drinking a lot of water and green tea when I got home so haven't had much room for much food this evening and the yogurt snack I fixed was tremendously filling but not all that good. I intended to get some ricotta cheese, but forgot it and wouldn't go back to the dairy area to get it.

Amanda - I think Mindee originally used "band together" and I too like that rather than making it a competition. Some people lose quicker than others and no one should be intimidated by that. We are all moving at our own pace and on different plans. SBD people say don't exercise the 1st week of P1 as your body is stressed from detoxing. Also a lot of things going on as the body corrects itself and revvs up the metabolism. From what I read the blood sugar and other numbers are beginning to normalize. Strange thing is that I am really ready to start the exercise, but I am determined to see this thing thru properly so I will do it as they say. Besides I need to read more about exercising in the exercise part of the book before I really get into it. I like the fact that the 3 of us (and all of us here at JL's) as far as that goes can encourage and cheer each other on. I think this is going to be good for me tho because I am motivated not to let you ladies or myself down.

Marti & Sassy - Hope things get better and settle down at work soon. However, it looks like that is going to be a while for you Marti. I hope you are feeling better Sassy and hope your days off will help.

Ruth - I am so sorry about the arthritis in your neck and shoulder. I guess most of these things go with getting older although I am hoping some of it gets better as we lose weight. You, Pat, Sue and othersare so busy working in your gardens planting. Now that is definitely calledExercise girls! Good for you.

Mindee - where are you? Are you planting as well?

Jane - Hello:wave: if you get to check in here. We miss you and are thinking of you. Hope you are having a really great time.

Boy we are a growing little group and I can't keep up with everything and everyone. Jules, Tammy, Vann and all the others I missed Hello :wave:.

I'm going to close off and catch y'all tomorrow.

:hug: Trish

pattygirl63
05-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Mindee - You were writing while I was I guess. Sounds like Logan decided to let you know "he is still here" and he didn't like Mommy and Daddy having a night out without him. LOL They are precious, but can be little stinkers too. I thought of you and how you take your children for walks etc when I was reading my new SBD book. You are being such a "good" Mom as you are teaching them and helping them to form such a good habit to exercise, but you are making it a fun thing for them and so healthy for them as well. You are such a good example for them.

suetalks
05-14-2008, 12:28 AM
I didn't plant today, but will be going to buy plants first thing in the morning. DH cleared off under two trees in the back and wants me to plant before he mulches. I will buy a few things for the front while I am at it.
I miss having a veggie garden, but don't miss the canning I used to do. I canned 98 quarts of beans one year and it was crazy! I usually just did beans and tomatoes. We grew other things but either ate them fresh or shared with others. Now our back fence neighbor brings us tomatoes. :)
I got in 2 miles of walking today. Hope to start bike riding again tomorrow if the wind isn't bad.

Good night ladies.

tommysgirl18
05-14-2008, 01:25 AM
well, as I expected, as soon as daddy got home and went into the bedroom to take some things in there and wouldn't you know it.........Marissa woke up! so, off to walk around the complex we went. we went three times around the outside path and three times around the inside. I walked well over 20,000 steps, actually almost 21,000!

Trish~ Yup, I was probably posting while you were! I was wondering if that was it. Because Sunday, granted it was Mother's Day and our anniversary, the boys were both something else. So, I kind of figured that they were rebelling against us since we went out and they stayed with a sitter. but we did tell them on the way home (the boys were awake for a little bit of the ride home) that we will all go bowling as a family, and that we will let both of them bowl when we go. thanks for your nice comments about my walking. we will actually be doing a lot of it this coming Thursday when we all go to the zoo!

sue~ great job on the walking! I am contemplating getting a bike, but I am not really sure if I would use it as often as I would plan on it, since Marissa wouldn't be able to go unless I get a little kiddie cart.

Sassy_Chick
05-14-2008, 04:07 AM
Hi All. :wave:

I am doing better. I will be even better by tomorrow at this time. :yes: Right now I am here at my desk as DH has the car, but after I am done eating lunch I plan on going outside and take a walk, at least a small one. I don't like walking too far at this time of morning. But I figure something is better than nothing and I do try to do it on every break and on my lunch so that makes a difference.......I plan on starting to walk when I am off as well, even if its like here, just small walks, I am gonna force myself to do them. It #1 gets my exercise, #2 gets me outside and #3 gets me doing something outside my comfort zone. I think that is the biggest one because I have been "set" in a routine for so long and I need to break that.

Marti -- That is how it is here too, many people leaving. I did find out yesterday that of a woman who is interviewing for the position that would be working the same shift as me and she is very nice, so it would be great to have a female to talk too! lol.

Ruth -- I set my alarm on my phone and also had my DH call me as well so that way I wouldn't sleep to long! lol.

Sue -- I am in better spirits today, I figured nothing really to do but as Nike says, "Just Do It" ;) Nobody here to really walk with since we are all on such oddball schedules, not a whole bunch of people here. lol. But I still walk and when I am off the 5 days my mom will be here and she will walk with me. ;)

Amanda -- Well I just got lucky how it fell on my short week, so I only had to take one night off. That is the only good thing about this crazy :dizzy: schedule is the short week, the long one stinks, which I am on now!!! lol.

Mindee -- WTG on the walking! :high:

Well have a Great Day All I am off to go walk. :running:

sz2atheart
05-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Got a busy day off planned. Have to do my mom's grocery shopping and try to bathe the dogs, straighen up the house and still need to do some unpacking from my trip to Raleigh NC this past weekend (I think I took 7 pairs of shoes lol!!) Feeling a little under the weather, either I have a head cold or I picked up some "southern" allergies this weekend.

Where's Francie!!!! Are you packing yet? I can't wait to show you around Annapolis. You are going to love that little town. I actualy live about 10 miles outside of Annapolis but my daughter works there, I shop there, my hair stylist is there, hmmmm, I guess I'm always there. :D

I've been sitting at this computer for the last hr and really need to get my butt moving before the day is over. Have a wonderful day ladies!!

Dixiemae
05-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Good Morning Ladies, We had some storms rumble through here early this morning! Watered my garden nicely :D Looks to be clearing off now. I will wait until this afternoon and start on the flower beds. I need 2 more trellis' Then I should be done planting. I thought I might be sore today, I don't seem to be :)

sz2aheart~I think It might be allergies, tis the season. with all the farmers planing. Kicks up a lot of things that can cause sinus problems. Sounds like you have a busy day planned.

Sassychick~sounds like you have a plan going on. Glad to hear you are doing better.

Amanda~You and all the Jaded Ladies are invited over for salad bar. Wait 3-4 weeks for all the fixing to grow. Then we can make our own salads and fixings.

Mindee~WAY TO GO!!! Almost 21,000 steps. I need to fasten on my new pedometer and hit the Pavement. Noelle would love it too. Sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned for this week. Take a picture of the kids at the zoo. I would love to see the happy smiles. Have fun bowling.

Amanda-Mindee~Which Sansone walking dvds are you using. I have 4=5 of her tapes and dvds. Please inspire and motivate me to pop them in and get going. Days(daze) like this one I could use the movement.

Suetalks~98 quarts of beans canned goodness sakes. I would have strung then up to dry like the indians did. I hope to have beans out the yeng-yang. I want to put them up for the winter.

Trish~Please explane to me what eating plan you are on and what book you are using. I need something. The Daniel Diet is great, but I love yogurt, not susposed to have any dairy on the plan. There goes the calcuim. I would appreciate the help.

To the Jaded Lady that ate at Ryans. I am jealous. Our Ryans went out of business. Their doors are lock. It was such a treat to get to eat there. I loved their salad bar!!!!!! :carrot:

To the ladies I missed please forgive me. I hope everyone is well and doing well today. I will check in later today. Thanks Pat

Marti
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Morning Ladies!

Another early start today. Not ready for it to start until a cup of coffee is in my hand! :D

I got some exercises in last night. Feel proud that I worked that in. Will do more tonight.

Sue--I enjoyed all the changes at work (the construction) but I have to admit that some of the changes where it involves less people and more work.....it's a little overwhelming at times! And as for roses, I need to get out and trim mine. I've been keeping up w/them over the winter, but the last few weeks they've gone crazy! Always yard work to do!

Ruth--Glad to hear that you now know whats wrong w/your shoulder. The heat massages sound wonderful. I hope that helps you. The weather here is turning extreme....we had snow just a couple weeks ago and this weekend is suppose to be up in the high 90's! Too much.

Pat--I'd love to have a garden this year, just too busy and no motivation to clear out the area from last year. So next year we have idea's of what we want to plant. We do plan on buying a currant tomato plant and growing that in a large pot. Those are my favorite! As for stretches and moving around.....I'm constantly getting up and stretching. Otherwise my back is just in pain by the end of the day.

Amanda--You are SO right! At least we have jobs. That's what I keep telling people at work. We have a lot of younger people working and they want to do more and explore other field of work, so I suppose I don't blame them there. But coming from a company that completely shut down.....I'm thankful for the job I have. (now, to get myself caught up!)

Mindee--Oh.....your Logan sound like my nephew! My sister has such a time with him. There have been many occasions where we'd be in the living room visiting and here he comes w/a "surprise" to give her! You're doing fabulous w/the walking!! Very proud of you! I'll have to put my pedometer on and track how many steps I take in a day. (not much I'm sure since I sit all day)

Trish--I've been drinking lots of green tea at work and trying to up my water intake too. It can be hard. This trying to eat right is a struggle for me. Too many good things. But I have to start thinking of what I want more....the pleasure of eating all I want when I want and how much, or start eating sensibly and see the benefits of it by the weight loss. Hmmmm...... I wanna see benefits!!

Sassy--That would be great for you to have another female to talk with! You know, I'm one of those gals who is set in a routine.....I REALLY need to spice things up a bit and see what I can do to get my motivation back. Do you have any special plans for your days off??

Tammy--:wave: How are you feeling? Has your smile come back in full force?

And all the other gals :wave:

Well I was wanting to get to work by 9:00. I'm thinking I'll have to get there by 10:00, running behind. So I better get moving....have a lovely day ladies and I'll chat w/you all again soon.

Dixiemae
05-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi Ladies, A quick post for Mindee

Mindee~Are you using Samsone's 2 mile interval dvd with a stretch band? That is the only 2 mile one I could find that might fit what you wrote about. If it is I will order it. I need to start toning and firming, but I don't want to be SORE as blazes the next day. Thanks Mindee Pat

Dixiemae
05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Ladies, I got a bit of motivation. Noelle and I went for a walk in the rain. The pedometer says 9,829 steps. I feel happy about that :carrot:. I went through my dvds' I couldn't find and Samsone, they are caught up in the divorce mess. I guess I will have to buy the ones I want :dizzy: Any one have any favorite exercise titles they would share with me? Thanks Pat

sz2atheart
05-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Marti--Yes, my lip returned to normal about 4-5 weeks after surgery although it really gave me a scare. All healed up and loving my thinner neck...no more double chin :carrot:. Now if I can only get the last of these lbs off. Thanks for asking. :hug:

To the newbies....I had some cosmetic surgery a little over 2 months ago and had my neck and double chin lipoed and ended up with a bit of a stroke lip from some temporary nerve damage. Not to the point of drooling but I definitely had a crooked smile for several weeks.

Just popped in for a moment. Gotta feed the dogs and walk them and get ready for dance tonight. See ya!!

pattygirl63
05-14-2008, 06:08 PM
:wave: Hello Ladies,

Pat - Congratulations on the 9,829 steps. I am reading Dr. Arthur Agatston's new book South Beach Diet Supercharged. He has added some things to his Phase 1 that he didn't allow in the first book such as dairy. He also has more to say about exercise and how to exercise more effectively. I am in the process of learning to do the diet properly and using the WW Flex points to control my portions. I didn't like the original diet because I felt it was important to have dairy especially at my age. I really haven't read what I heard on the SBD thread here on 3FC about not exercising the 1st week while the body is stressed with the change and detoxing, but I am not doing any of the exercises until Monday. Instead of walking, I will do the stationary bike exercise the way he tells us to every other day. The other days I'll do what he calls Core exercises. He teaches you how to exercise 20 minutes a day and get the same affect as hours of exercise. And he talks like you do away with the plateaus. I intend to use my WW Flex plan with each of the Phases (there are 3 Phases). I'll let you know how it goes. I love eating at Ryan's. Sorry you lost yours.

Marti -I'm so sorry you are having such a struggle with your eating. For one thing, you are experiencing a lot of stress right now at work that really doesn't help. I remember a pharmacist asked me one time "are you ready for this"? I was purchasing diet pills which were popular to do back then. He went on to explain that you have to have the right "mindset" to do it. I think that is where we have to come here and help each other. I get motivated and then something goes wrong so maybe I wasn't as motivated as I thought. I hope that I will really be motivated this time and that when I lose sight of that maybe that is where commitment will take over. Hopefully this group is here for us to help each other to not only have commitment and motivation and keep it.

Sassy - I hope you get the new female worker and you will have fun working together.

sz2theart - I hope you are feeling better today.

Ruth - I hope the shoulder is getting better.

Sue - 98 quarts of beans? I remember one time when previous DH and I moved to the country. We raised almost all of our food for Thanksgiving and Christmas that year and we had huge freezer and filled it with food from our garden. I was constantly blanching some kind of food and putting it in the freezer. Wouldn't want to do it now, but I think that was the healthiest we ever were. And the food was great.

Well, this is my 4th day on SBD, but my 1st day 100% on the new SBD Supercharge Phase 1. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I just as I said above, I am so motivated right now and hope I can keep it up. If I lose pretty good like the new book implies, I think that will help keep me motivated and committed.

Mindee, Tammy and Everybody else I missed - :wave: Hello. I hope all of you will have a great evening. Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Man, I feel like such a scrub today! Usually I get a chance to shower before heading to bed, but last night Marissa was having nothing to do with the idea of going to bed on her own. She didn't go to bed until 2am! And that was after Tommy got out of bed and went and slept on the couch since she wasn't letting him sleep in our room! So needless to say, I didn't get my shower in last night. And then I usually get a shower in after my workout in the morning, but since Brandon didn't have school today, I didn't get that in either!

I feel like I am forgetting something since I didn't get my workout in this morning. But I will try to get it in later, or I will just do my walk that I did last night again tonight! I noticed that if I do my regular walk, I get the tingle in my bum when I sit down after my walk. But last night I did three times around the outside of the complex and three times around the inside of the complex and I felt fine.........last night! When I got up this morning, that is another story! My legs are sore, my feet are aching and my thighs are burning!

Sassy~ Thanks for the nice comments on my walking. You are doing a great job with your walking! Keep up the great work!

Tammy~ How are you feeling??

Pat~ I will definitely take TONS of pictures at the zoo tomorrow! My MIL is going to go with us. She told Tommy that she will pack lunches for the boys and then buy us lunch while we are there. So, that is going to be nice! I am definitely going to have the camera with us since it will be the first trip to the zoo for all three of the kids!

As far as what Leslie Sansone dvd's that I personally have in my posession, well I don't have any. I have Comcast cable, and they have a section for workouts and what not on there, so I use them off of there. But, when we get some extra money, I am going to be getting me some of her workout dvd's!

Marti~ I have noticed that even when I am standing still, like drying dishes, I constantly have my feet walking whether I am moving or not. It helps to keep my head in the game so to speak.....even if I did nap off and on on the couch this morning!

Pat~ The one that I do is called Walk N Tone, and she uses a resistance belt while walking. this is the one that I do:

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/walkntonecombo.htm

Although now that I see all these other dvd's from here, I am going to be buying some more of her work out dvds!

sz2atheart
05-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Mindee--I'm feeling really good (esp since my cold subsided) but the areas that I had lipoed are still a little numb at the bra fat area. The doc said that it could take several months before I see final results. My eyes are healed and really looking good. I saw my surgeon last Wed and I complained a little about a few very tiny lumps under my left eye but he hushed me up saying that it would take a little more time. I'm just being a little critical. A friend of mine at dance, who is 10 years older than I, is getting her eyes done next month. She said that after seeing me, she wondered why she had waited so long! I just look so much more rested now. I've got 6 mo to go before my son's wedding and then a year before my daughter's so now I've got to work on those last few pounds and trying to firm up other areas. I will never again,....did you hear me....never, ever do lipo again. ;) I was just too sore this time. Of course, my dh doesn't believe me :D Have a wonderful day at the zoo tomorrow and share some of those pics with us!!

pattygirl63
05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I finished reading what I need to know for Phase 1 of SBD Supercharge and found out that I can do Phase 1 exercises and Phase 1 eating at the same time. I can't do 20 minutes yet as the knees aren't ready but I did do what I could which is a start. This is day 4 since I started on the old plan and Day 1 100% on new one. I am excited to tell you that ALL cravings are gone and I didn't eat as much today as I normally would because I wasn't hungry. So I am making progress.

Mindee - Have fun at the zoo tomorrow and we look forward to the pics. You are doing great with your exercising and losing really good. Hope Marissa treats you better tonight and lets you sleep.

Tammy - I guess you noticed I got mixed up earlier and didn't realize that you are sz2atheart. Sorry about that. You are brave having all that work done. I would love to have the wrinkles removed under my eyes and have my neck fixed to get rid of the turkey neck but I think it would be too painful. Unless I change my mind down the road some where and get brave, I will probably stay like I am.

Good night ladies. See ya tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

Dixiemae
05-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Hi Ladies, It is going to be a long night. My pet dragon Sahara is very ill. I am praying for all I am worth that she doesn't die. I feel so defeated at the moment all I can do is cry. If I have to loose her I would rather she pass in her sleep. At least she would be at peace. Everything is crashing in on me, this is about the last straw for me. I will post more in the morning. Thanks for listening. Pat

pattygirl63
05-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Awe Pat. I'm sorry. :hug:, thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Trish

Dixiemae
05-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Hi Ladies, It is with a very sad and heavy heart I write this post. My precious Sahara is dead. I am holding her liveless body next to my heart. My son is in the other room crying his heart out. Nothing to be done now but try to pick up the pieces and go on. I will cry some more when I go to bed. Thank you all for listening to my sad story. Pat

tommysgirl18
05-15-2008, 02:01 AM
just popping in before heading off to bed. I ended up doing my walking around the complex tonight without Marissa, because she was sleeping and I still wanted to get my walk in.

Tammy~ I have told my hubby that I would love to get lipo done on my thighs and stomach, get a boob job to make them perky and put them back where they belong again, and my turkey neck on the underside of my arms. But of course we aren't rich and famous, so I will have to work on it all the hard way!

Pat~ I am so sorry to hear about your little Sahara. (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Sassy_Chick
05-15-2008, 03:48 AM
Hi Ladies, It is with a very sad and heavy heart I write this post. My precious Sahara is dead. I am holding her liveless body next to my heart. My son is in the other room crying his heart out. Nothing to be done now but try to pick up the pieces and go on. I will cry some more when I go to bed. Thank you all for listening to my sad story. Pat

Big Big :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Amany
05-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi.

I'm just popping in quickly before getting ready for the day.

Pat, I'm very sorry to hear about Sahara. I know the loss of a pet is the same as the loss of a favorite family member. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

Dixiemae
05-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Ladies, It has been a s l o w day. My son didn't go to work today. He is taking Sahara's passing so hard. He went to the local pet place and bought me a beautiful dragon. Not a replacement for Sahara, but a celebration for a new life/friend. I named the dragon Aztec. It is too small to know if it is a boy or girl. I am hopeful it is a girl. Now we have 4 tot dragons. We buried Sahara in the side yard under our Maple tree. About an hour later it started to rain. My Grandma used to tell me if it rained on the day of a funeral the angels are rejoycing. I hold that dear to my heart and we are trying to move on.

Wanting to start a resistance band total body workout and not having a clue where to start I went to the library:D. There I found a power band workout book and dvd :) Just what I need to get started on my journey to health and wellness. Mindee was so nice to point me in the direction of a doable cardio dvd. Another kind Jaded Lady set my on the move for a healthy doable eating plan. I bless my lucky stars that I have met such a wonderful group of ladies. I will set up my ticker tape, weigh in, and move on.

Thanks to each and every Lady in this group for your love and support, seeing me through a very rough spot in the road. KUDOS to everyone. I could not have made it without you all. Thanks Pat

pattygirl63
05-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Pat - Good for your son getting you your new little Aztec to love. No nothing and no one can replace the ones we lose, but one nice thing about the heart is that there is always more love to share with others. I hope it will help you.

Sounds like you are working on a plan good luck.

Mindee - How was the zoo trip? I hope the children loved it.

Good day today OP.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs,
Trish

Amany
05-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi Everyone.

I'm sorry to keep doing these quickie hellos. I promise to do better over the weekend.

I hope you're all doing well. I'm going to bed soon. Lately I've been getting sleepy early in the evening. Like around 7:30. I've been trying to eat less meat (just twice a week), so I wonder if maybe I'm not getting enough protein. I've been trying to get enough from nuts, beans and a morning protein shake, but I don't think I'm getting it all in. I may need to tweak a few things.

Someone asked which Leslie Sansone dvds I have. I have a 4 mile from the 80s. It's funny to see them in those clothes. I also have a 2 Mile, 3 Mile and her Walk and Jog. I have her You Can Do Pilates as well.

Well I'm off to bed. Goodnight all. :grouphug:

Marti
05-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Pat--Big hugs to you, sorry about your Sahara!:hug:

Ladies...I'm exhausted! It's been an "on the move" kind of day! I got a call into work at 7:30 this morning, so I was up and out of here in an hour. (Not enough time to wake up)

So this is just a quicky for me today. I'm going to rest up a bit and then do some walking and pretty much go to bed.

I will catch up w/you all later!

Dixiemae
05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies, Today is a beauiful day. We are going to till my Neices' garden plot today. Try to get some of her seeds and plants in the ground. I hope my tomatkoes and eggplants come in the mail today. I want my veggies all planted. Then I can get my fllowers planted tomorrow. It is good therapy for me. Goodness sakes I need it!!!!!! Loosing Sahara the way that I did was about the last straw for me. I have my exercise plan in place, I have my eating plan in place. My journey to wellness continues.

Mindee~Cant wait to see pictures of he kids at the zoo. I will wear my pedometer today.

Amanda~Thank you so much for sharing with me!!!

To all the Jaded Ladies~Thank you for your support This is a great group hugs to all. Catch you all later.

Pat

Sassy_Chick
05-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi All..........

I am soooooooo worried..............My DH has not been feeling well, well the last two days he told me that he is short of breath. I thought it was pneominia cuz he's had a cold, etc........So he went to the dr this morning and the dr is having him go and get an EKG and bloodwork done and have him schedule a stress test..........:( I am so soooooooooo afraid..........I know that the dr is trying to rule out anything serious and I hope that it does rule it out, but I am really worried........

I guess its another eye opener. That we really need to get with plan and stick to it. I can't imagine my life without him........:cry: :cry: :cry: and I am sure he probably feels the same about me and I'm the one with the heart disease in her family, both sides!!!!!! I am so stupid! I have done this to myself and I have aided to doing it to my husband! :cry: I may as well have just buried both of us alive!!! :cry: What a dope......I let food rule my life.........and now it may just end not only my life, but someone I love with all my heart.......:cry:

Sorry I don't mean to be a downer.........truly...........:cry:

Marti
05-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Sassy--:hug::hug::hug::hug: You're not a downer at all! That is a genuine worry and I would worry too. I hope all goes well w/the tests and that it's nothing. Many hugs to you and your hubby!

Ladies, it's finally Friday! I'm off to work early (again) and then I'll get two days off! My DD & her friend will be here and that brings a smile to my face. We'll be busy going here and there all weekend since the weather is fabulous and we want to be out in it.

So, I may be scarce most of the weekend, but will try to pop in for a quick hello.

Off I go for the last day of busy busy busy work, until Monday when it starts all over. :dizzy:

Hugs to each of you.

pattygirl63
05-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Sassy - :hug::hug::hug::hug: I know how frightening that can be. You and your DH are in my prayers and thoughts.

Marti - Hope you have a good day although busy. Have a nice restful weekend or at least a slower pace and pleasant.

Not much going on here. Just working to stay OP. Hope y'all have a great weekend.

Mindee - How did all of you like being at the zoo?

Amanda -How are you doing today?

Pat, Sue, Tammy, Ruth and Everone else :wave: hope all is well with you.

Trish

Pandora123a
05-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Ladies, I'm back, at least for a short stop in. Life has been very busy. DH had a conference out of town, so I joined him for the weekend. We had a great time, best of all, I came back and hadn't gained despite lots of good food. (I guess all the good walking helped.)

Of course when I came back I did something to me knee, so mobility has been more difficult. Sassy, I am right with you, I look at myself and DH (who was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago and has a terrible family history but won't do anything about it) and I just feel angry and dumb about what we have done to our bodies. I'm trying to do better but it is a struggle every day.

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about Sahara...I hope his memory will continue to be a blessing in your life, and that Aztec will bring new joy.

Have a nice weekend all!

Pandora

Dixiemae
05-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Hi Ladies,

Sassy Chick~(((((((((HUGS))))))))) Don't feel like you are a downer. You have genuine concerns. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are making sound solid choses. We are here for you any time day or night. You are not alone. Please keep us posted about what the doctor says. We love and care about you. Pat

tommysgirl18
05-17-2008, 01:47 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, the zoo trip was great! All three kids were extremely well behaved! We didn’t get as any pictures as we had wanted to since our camera decided that it didn’t want to cooperate with us, AND we forgot the spare battery at home! So, Tommy told Brandon that it just meant that we would have to come back again but with BOTH batteries for the camera! Of course Brandon’s reply was yes and he had a HUGE smile on his face!

My MIL came along with us and it was a lot of fun! It was nice to have someone come along with us so that we were not standing there looking at each other and saying “okay, you go to the bathroom and then when you get back I will go.” we each took Brandon into the bathroom with us, but he didn’t have to go while we were in there, but he still tried!

Then we came home, and the kids all went down for naps. And I went down for a nap while watching the news! I slept for a little bit, then woke up to Tommy banging on the ceiling with the broom stick because the neighbors upstairs had their music too loud. Then I fell back asleep for another 45 minutes or so and then Tommy started dinner and we got the kids up to eat dinner. Then we were all in bed by 11:30 Thursday night! I had to take some Motrin because my teeth were bothering me again, which they are starting to bother me again now.

I was joking with Brandon telling him that he was skipping school on Wednesday. They had a professional development day that day. And then Thursday was the zoo trip, so we joked with him that he was getting into a bad habit of skipping school, and he just looked at us and laughed.

I filled out all the paperwork and got all the copies that were needed for it. That went into the mail on Tuesday night, so I am hoping that the worker received it all on Thursday at the latest, and that she can get every done and filed by the middle of next week since Brandon has his Mobile Dentist appointment that day. I am half tempted to call the help line right now just to see if I get anywhere, but I am sure that nobody is working right now, and they don’t have a way to check online.

Pat~ You are very welcome for showing you a workable workout plan! How old will Aztec be before you can tell the gender?

Trish~ All three of the kids loved the zoo! We missed the “show” that the zebras put on, but by the excitement (more or less) from the high school kids that saw it and pointed it out, I was glad that we did miss it!

hello to those that I missed, I am starting to get sleepy now, so before I fall asleep at the keyboard I will cut this short and try and get on here sometime on Saturday!

Sassy_Chick
05-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Thank You Gals. :hug: The dr put DH off work until he gets the results back.

sz2atheart
05-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Happy Saturday Ladies!!

Mindee--sounds like the kids had a ball at the zoo and missed a little "educational moment" ;)

Pat---so sorry to hear about Sahara. I remember when we lost a cockatiel that we had for over 9 yrs. It was a horrible time. The kids and I cried all day, did the burial in the back yard with a piece of one of the kids blanky. We replaced the bird a few months later and unfortunately that bird died at about 4 yrs of age at the same time that my father was dying from pancreatic cancer. The kids were older, my son deployed at the time and daughter in college. I noticed the dog barking at the birdcage with no response from the bird, of course it was dead at the bottom of the cage. I quickly picked it up, buried it under a tree in the backyard and when my daughter came home that day, I simply said the bird died, clean the cage up when you can, I shed a few tears for everyone but Pop Pop has taken a change for the worse and we need to concentrate on him, so....sorry, the bird took the wrong time to die on us. We were surprised with ourselves that we took the bird's death so well. Poor little guy, I still think of him when I garden in the spot that he is buried.

Sassy--Sending you hugs :hug: hoping that everything works out for you and dh. I'm glad that he is staying off work until he gets all his testing done.

Hello and hugs to Jane, Marti, Amany, Trish, Sue, Ruth, Amanda and anyone else I missed. Where's Francie????

Last night I went to a Pampered Chef party and had a blast. Didn't know anyone since I went with a friend at the last minute. (I usually go out for dinner every Fri, but dh wasn't feeling well with the head cold that I gave him and I thought it best to get out of the house without him ;)) I met some amazing ladies, spent a ton, ate too much, had several glasses of wine and got some good ideas for shower gifts for both my future dil and my dd.

I think I'll do some yard work today, go out to the nursery and buy plants for my deck planters and make my hanging baskets. I used to always make my hanging baskets but the past few years, I've bought them and they always seem to die out before the summer is over so I believe that I will go back to making them myself. They seem to get fuller and last longer. I also need to uncover my deck furniture. It seems like the worse of the pollen is over so I won't have to wipe as much green off the furniture now.

Tomorrow is an Art's Show that I would like to attend but not sure if dh is game to go with me. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I plan to have a great one!! :D

Jane
05-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Jaded Ladies!

We had lots of fun in Florida, and got back around 2 this morning. I've unpacked, returned a bunch of phone calls, and begun laundry, and still have so much to do.

Hope you're all having a great weekend. :)

Dixiemae
05-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi Everyone.

JANE~Welcome back. We missed you!! Tell us all about your trip.

sz2aheart~Thank you for sharing. We found a picture of Sahara last night. It was all I could do to keep from crying.

Sassy Chick~Glad that your dh is off work until the test results come back. is he feeling any better?

Mindee~Aztec will need to be about 5 months old before we can tell which gender the dragon is. Their privets are hidden by a fold of skin. The dragon has a beautiful arrow head design on its' head. Mindee you did something else that was special to me. I bought a WW magazine not sure if I had wasted my $. It was the best $ I have spent in a while. Thank you for the hope.

Pandora~Hello and thank you. Drop in more often!!

Trish~Hi I miss you-how are you?

To all the other Jaded Ladies~Hi Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday.

Pat

tommysgirl18
05-17-2008, 06:55 PM
just popping in quickly......Tommy had a Lodge function tonight, and I really didn't feel like taking the kids to it to sit and try and keep all three of them quiet while they do the degree. So, I opted out of this one, and we (okay, so I am) are counting down the time before bed time!!!!!

Tommy was playing Tom's garage, so he didn't get home with dinner until 7:30 last night. Then today he had to work until 2:30, then came home long enough to shower and get dressed then out the door he went. I told him that I was going to have him get me some alcohol yesterday but I forgot. Now, I am in between if I really want it or if I just want the idea of it.

here is the link to see the pictures from the zoo: (you will need to put in the password brandon to view them)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/first%20zoo%20trip%205-15/ (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/first%20zoo%20trip%205-15/)

Jane~ I can't wait to see pictures from your trip!

Sassy~ I will send some prayers up that every thing comes out okay with your DH. How is he doing now?

Pat~ You are so very welcome! I have found, myself, that I become more motivated and determined to stick with something if I have someone or a group of people encouraging me to keep going. If you want another suggestion as far as reading material, find the magazine called All You. I have a subscription to it and I love it! Each month, they take readers and help them find the right fit in an article of clothing. The one that I am reading right now, has "how to find the right pair of khakis." They also have tons of money saving tips, tons of coupons, tons of recipes, and tons of decorating suggestions!

Tammy~ I am glad that we missed the educational visit, because I was really worried about how we were going to explain to the kids what they were doing. Then as we were walking past the zebras, the male zebra came out charging for more, but thankfully he stopped in his tracks when he heard the crowd!

pattygirl63
05-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi Ladies,

Pat - Thanks for asking. I've been busy last few days as I had to get the house clean for an insurance man to come take pictures to appraise the house to be sure we have enough replacement insurance. Probably will raise out payments.

Jane - Welcome back. You were missed. Glad you had a great trip.

Mindee - Loved the pics. You have the sweetest smile. I know how those meetings are for children. I was a child who went to them with my Daddy and for children "boring". I was proud of Daddy especially as I got older, but even as a teen they were sooooooo long to sit through. Sounds like Mommy is still tired from the zoo. How are you feeling? Do you have a toothache or your teeth hurt in general? I agree with you Mindee that it helps to have a group and mags (I take WW and Prevention) to help keep us motivated.

Francie - Where are you? Are you okay?

Pandora - Glad to hear from you. Don't stay away so long.

Sassy - I'm glad your hubby's doctor is smart enough to wait until results of tests before sending him back to work. I hope everything will turn out okay.

Tammy - First year in our new home we put hanging baskets on the front porch. Lady from Lowe's told us of a friend who found a snake in hers. We had Finches decide to use two of ours to build nests and have babies. So this year we decided to hang artificial plants hoping they would not do the same again this year. Didn't stop them. We have 5 plants and 5 nests some still with baby finches. We have lots of trees around, but for some reason they love our front porch plants. So next year I may just go ahead and have pretty flowering hanging baskets. Can't do anything with baby birds in them. DH accidently killed a baby bird last year and we were crushed. :( He didn't know there was a live baby in it when he removed the nest. So we will leave them alone this year.

Marti - Hope you are able to rest up this weekend and do some things for yourself that you enjoy.

Ellen - Are you feeling okay? Check in and let us know how you are feeling.

Amanda - Hope you are feeling better. My problem with SBD is I don't like all the protein any more, but it is important not to cut it back too far. Do you think you have done that? Check in and let us know how you are feeling. I read today that bananas are extremely good for energy. So check your potassium.

I moved on to the Phase 2 SBD/WW Flex today. I just had to have fruit and oatmeal for breakfast this morning. Using whole wheat products and other healthy foods instead of white flour and junk foods. I did lowcarb for years and enjoyed it, but I am sorry to say that I just couldn't go 2 weeks of it any more. I didn't lose one lb :?: as far as I can tell. My salads and veggies just were not enough fiber. Other than feeling homesick and missing my family back in TX, I am doing fine. Talked to my sister and I feel much better.

Have a good evening and I'll check in tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

Sassy_Chick
05-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi Girls. Happy Saturday!!! DH is doin a bit better. Lastnight we did go to Wal-mart to get some healthier foods, but I made him use the scooter-cart so he didn't have to walk all the way through it. We got some veggies, cheerios, corn flakes, yogurt. We are grillin out tonight. He roasted me some red peppers on the grill. Yum! My fav!!! And we're havin cucumber salad too.

Well gotta go ttfn!

tommysgirl18
05-18-2008, 12:47 AM
just popping in really quickly.....Tommy called here about 10:45ish, and he was heading out the door but he had to drop his brother off first. he just called me at 11:30 to say that he was on his way home. the kids have been asleep for about three or so hours now, so I couldn't see putting them through all that since Logan turns into a demon child when he is up/out past his bedtime.

Trish~ I am constantly veering more towards healthier magazines then the gossipy magazines that I have been known to go towards! don't get me wrong, I love the gossipy magazines like the next person, but I believe I have turned a new leaf, so to speak! I am feeling good. My teeth only seem to bother me when the weather changes and I get too much wind in my ears. I know that me and Tommy need to make a dentist appointment for ourselves as soon as he gets insurance. (so please keep your fingers crossed and say some prayers that he gets hired into the job that he is working at now!)

I do have to add, that I just measured my waist for grins and giggles. I am down from a 55 inch waist, to a 39 1/4 inch waist!! And that is all since last August when I first took my measurements!

ETA: Sassy~ I meant to send you a message before I hit the button, but my fingers got away from me! I will continue to say some prayers and to keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers!

Dixiemae
05-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Happy Sunday afternoon ladies, I need to talk so if I ramble please forgive or delete it. We took 2 of our tot dragons to the place we bought them. The"expert" said that Aztec looks and acts like a well cared for dragon:D Said he/she is a little bit fat;). He looked at Fire Heart said he/she is too thin. Feed him seperately from the others. To make sure he eats every time food is given to them. He also said I can give them kale, collards, mustard, and some other greens other than lettuce. I about choked. The person that sold us the dragons couldn't have those green. They cause gas and dragons can not handle gas, will cause them to hemerage and bleed to death :?:. All I do know is I can not stand the pain of loosing another dragon :(

I did some web searching yesterday. I am thinking seriously about joining Weight Watchers. We have a local WW meeting here on Tuesdays at 10:00am. I can go to one meeting free. I think I will go. I looked at the chicks WW group, but not being an official member, I don't know if I can join that forum. I looked for the newest WW book at our local library. They didn't have it. I looked else where to buy it. I am in the middle of a divorce. I get $50.00 allowance a week to cover everything from food to gasoline. i don't know what to do. I need to eat healthier and loose weight Because....................

I went to the urgent care center cause I thought I was breaking out with a new case of poison ivy. The doctor looked at the rash, politely smiled and said this isn't poison Ivy, it is heat rash.:o I was sooooooooooo embarassed. I am just too big for the warmer weather. I need to do something about this weight, get some off before July/August heat kills me. I know, I didn't gain it all over night, I won't lose it over night. I need positive action, and I need it right now.There are several very good articals in the WW magazine. I don't understand the point system on the flex plan, so I don't know if I can pull it off on my own :?:

Mindee~Thank you for the suggestion on the magazine. I will look for a copy tomorrow.

If you made it this far I thank you for listening. Everyone have a wonderful evening. Pat

suetalks
05-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Pat- I am sure you can pop in to any of the forums here at 3fc's and ask questions of the ladies. You don't have to be doing their program, but just interested in learning more. I have not found any of the chicks to be un-friendly or un-helpful. Just my 2 cents. :)
Hugs to you on the loss of your dragon.

Kind of a dreary day here, with intermittent rays of sunshine. But chilly. DH and I went for a short walk, but got cold. Mom and I went to the cemetery and found out when we could bring flowers. She wanted to be sure to get them on my step-dad's grave before she leaves for TN.
Otherwise, not lots going on. I finally had to throw away the flowers DH got me last week and Mom had already gotten rid of hers. I love roses, they just don't last long enough. Now, the necklace he got me will last forever. It is my birthstone, opal, with a diamond chip. Nothing extravagant, just lovely on a dainty gold chain. He knows my taste well.
I spent two days last week planting and also spreading mulch. I put in 20 different plants and shrubs. That's work, but felt good. My legs were sore yesterday....all that bending and stretching, but better today. I still have a few more plants to buy, a climbing rose bush and a couple other vines for the pergola. Otherwise we will call it quits for the year. (except for the "starts" my friends give me.) Always willing to try something new.

Have a great Sunday afternoon ladies and I will BBL.

Jane
05-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Hello ladies,

Pat - the WW forum here at 3FatChicks is a very nice place. I am a moderator there, too, and get PMs from people telling me how friendly the place is. Click here (http://3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18) to check it out. When you go to the first meeting, they will explain the points system, and give you a points counter, which you need. After that, I will be happy to help you with any questions you may have.

Mindee - I'll check out your pictures. Did you ever get any time just for yourself, lol. That's hard to do with 3 little ones, isn't it?

Sue - I used to help my mom and mil can veggies, and don't do that anymore. The only thing I make now is blackberry jelly for Neal from our fresh blackberries. I'm not very good at it, but he really likes it, so I'll keep doing it.

Sassy - I love roasted veggies, too. Well, I like veggies just about any way they are fixed. My new treat is raw sugar snap peas in salads. Mmmmm! How's your hubby?

Marti - I hope you and the girls are having a blast this weekend.

Pandora - I think we should forget about the past, since there's nothing we can do about it now, and focus on what we're going to do from now on for our health. We Jaded Ladies will be here to help you through the journey, ok?

Ellen - how are you feeling? Any morning sickness?

Amanda - I feel a lot better when I'm getting enough protein, too. Most afternoons I have some cottage cheese with fruit for a snack, and that helps.

Tammy - what kind of plants did you get? An arts show sounds like fun. Glad to read your natural smile is back. :hug: So how was the celebration? How did it go with DH's ex?

Trish - I was going to do the Phase 1 of SBD for a week or so, then slide back into WW Flex, but am just going to do the Flex right off. I have all junky foods outta my house, and lots and lots of fresh, good-for-you foods just brought in.

Ladies, I have to say, I am so disgusted with my lack of energy and stamina that I had on vacation. It's my own fault, for not buckling down sooner, but I'm feeling strong again, and feel that I can be successful again. My vacation pictures of me are awful because they show me exactly as I am, HUGE!

As I mentioned to Trish, I have lots of healthy, non-processed foods in the house, and am feeling strong right now. With your help, I know I can do this again. :hug:

BBL,

suetalks
05-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Hello Jane and welcome back. I hear you about the lack of energy. That's where I am right now. I know I need to get bike riding and I can hardly make my walks. Hopefully all this yard work will strengthen me a tad.

We don't grow veggies anymore. I used to garden and can, but no more. I must say I miss the fresh produce and I did enjoy the exercise, except when it got wayyy too hot outdoors.

I have mastered one week of no un=planned eating..no snacks not accounted for. Funny, but I don't even want snacks now. This week I am working on cutting calories..again.
We can do this!

pattygirl63
05-18-2008, 06:27 PM
:wave:Good Sunday Afternoon Ladies,

Pat - I think you will enjoy WW. I went to the WW thread here at
3FC and read the things they had posted and I learned more from them than I did from the WW on-line. I joined it when I purchased the starter kit a few years back. I also found that I didn't need everything in it. Jane can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can purchase just what you need when you go to the meetings. I mostly use my books for points and my slider to figure points. In fact, I use the slider more than the books now as I buy a lot of store brand foods and figure the points more accurately. We will be here for you.

Sassy - Hope your hubby is feeling better today.

Sue - 20 plants and shrubs? You have definitely been getting your exercise.

Jane - I think you just had to get past the trip. I had planned do 2 or even 3 weeks of phase 1, but I couldn't. I just had to have the fiber in my diet and I just didn't want so much protein. I've decided to just do WW Flex and eat healthy. After a week or so on SBD Phase 1, I am thoroughly enjoying WW Flex. I'm going to the store tomorrow to get some fruit and 100% whole wheat and grains. Don't need much from the store. I really enjoy whole wheat pastas with 0 pt veggies. I also plan to get back to my WATP 1 mile video.

Hope everybody is having a great Sunday afternoon. Catch y'all tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
05-19-2008, 01:23 AM
hello ladies...how is every one?

I am just popping in here quickly. I have to make some adjustments on Brandon's speech package that is in his folder. I have been meaning to put them in there, to kind of give his speech therapist a helpful hint in trying to get him to say the sounds that she has been working on him with. I am also going to push myself to work more with him on it, as oppose to the 10 minutes, that she recommends.

Pat~ The recent copy of All You, has recommendations for bathing suits that will flatter all body types!

Jane~ I can only seem to find some me time when all the kids are asleep OR at night after every body is in bed! But I have been working on getting more me time.....even if I have to fake a trip to the bathroom! It sounds mean,......but it sure feels nice to not be interrupted!

hello to every one else......I am about to drag my butt to bed since the alarms goes off early for school! I can't believe that he only has about three weeks left for this year!

Dixiemae
05-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Hi Ladies, it is 2am where I am. I can't sleep. I have a lot of ideas rattling around in my head. I took a sleeping pill. I babysit my nephew at 6:30 am

Here is the plan for breakfast this morning.
1 serving oatmean 1 cup skim milk 1tsp brown sugar 3/4 cup berries

Then I will take my planned dinner to my sisters' if I go.

After breakfast I will do my toning total body exercises. Then in the after- noon I will walk for at least 30 min. I will drink 8 glasses of water. Before bed I will either do some stretches or yoga so I can sleep.

I am going to try to get some sleep. Good night all. Pat

Pandora123a
05-19-2008, 03:30 AM
Hi Ladies,

It's been a busy, but nice weekend. This afternoon we went to my nephew's ice show, he's on the competitive circuit and is really fun to watch. Later out to dinner.

I've been working on stopping eating when I am full, and decreasing snacking, I did pretty well on both this weekend. I passed on bread Friday night, and passed on the snacks at the ice show. I am feeling as though I am on a roll at the moment, but my knee still hurts and I know I need to start moving. At my doctor's strong recommendation I'm trying to lose VERY slowly, the irony is that the pace seems to be picking up and it worries me!

Hope everyone has a good week ahead...

Pandora

Marti
05-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Good Morning ladies....

Wonderful weekend here. Lots and lots of yard work done, my thighs are burning from squatting so much. And we BBQ'd all weekend. Saturday we had a high of 95'!! Waaayyy to hot this early in the year. It's suppose to cool down a bit so we shouldn't be scorching any more.

Another early work week for me. I'll be going in early everyday until I'm caught up. Should be caught up soon. (I hope anyways)

Ok.....must move and get ready. Still need my cup of coffee. Have a lovely Monday ladies!

Jane
05-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Hello, :wave:

I've got so much to do, but will try to pop in later. :)

pattygirl63
05-19-2008, 02:23 PM
:wave:Good Afternoon Ladies,

Busy day ahead. Got to hit the store and restock on some things... HEALTHY foods.

Sounds like everybody had a good week end and a busy week ahead. We have company coming in. Tony's 1st wife's Mom and Sister coming to town and we are going to the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte one day this week with them. I don't know how long they will be here and I don't know if they will spend a night or two with us or not. They will be at Tony's SIL some of the time and may stay there the whole time. We haven't heard much of the plan yet. I always enjoy visiting with them as they are such precious people. How unusual to be able to be so close to your hubby's previous wife's family. They miss her a lot and we talk about her often. I have always felt that if Carol and I had met when she was living that we would have been very good friends. I think the best compliment I had from our grandson. He is the only child that was old enough to remember her. We were having a very serious conversation and he looked at me and said "Then you came into our lives and you are just like my Memaw". I have even had his Mother say "You remind me so much of my Mama". The strange thing is that Tony and I met on-line on a Christian website. He reminds me a lot of my late husband, but neither of us knew that when we married since our dates were mostly by phone and e-mails. It was amazing when we married howwe learned that God had just put us in the right place.

Well, that's enough of my morning walk down memory lane. :dizzy: I've got to get busy. I also want to do some on-line shopping before DH wakes up and is ready to go to Wal-Mart. Y'all have a good day. Catch you later.

short & sassy
05-19-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm on the fly by...I just wanted to say hello. I'll check in with you tonight and respond to everyone's post. Have a good week!

Dixiemae
05-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi Ladies, I hope everyone is having a nice evening. It is raining here:) I got my egg plants in the mail today. I planted them just as the rain started :D My Neice got her tomatoes and green peppers planted; GOT lots more to go.

Today has been a good day for me. I got my healthy eating plan in order. One that I can follow. I drank8-8oz of water. I did my strength exercises and 48 min of cardio. I feel good about the day. I need to check and see what is on the menu for tomorrow.

Mindee~ I looked for All You magazine in the store, could not find a copy! :( I guess I need to go to the news stand to find it. I wanna take a look. Also I think I am going to order the 2 mile walk dvd you clued me in to. I did a George Forman walk/box dvd. Had a blast doing it, but I need another cardio dvd to mix it up and keep it interesting. ;)

Where is everyone~ I miss you all~sassy chick, amanda, francie, mindee, ,suetalks. sz2aheart.please forgive me the ones I forgot.I hope you all are okay.

Talk to you all later Pat

pattygirl63
05-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Just a fly by before I got to watch movie with Tony. Just wanted to tell you that I bought White tea today when I picked up my green tea. Girls, I love it. I mostly drink water, lemon water and green tea and I have to tell you this will definitely be an added treat for me and it is just as good with the antioxidants as the other teas. Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
05-20-2008, 01:46 AM
just popping in since it has been a chaotic day around here! Tommy went to go to bed and Marissa woke up, so off to walk we went! an now I am going off to bed!

I will have to come back a little later, like Tuesday afternoonish.....we are going to go up north this coming Sunday and probably stay the night up there. We were going to go up there Saturday night, but the Wings are now in the Finals and the first game is this coming Saturday, so we are going to stay home and watch the game!

Pat~ Check by the registers at your local store. I find All You, by the registers at the local WalMart.

Dixiemae
05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies~I weighed in this morning. OHMYGOSH! I lost a pound!! Now I weigh 197. That equates to 4 pounds of pressure off my knees. That will make my doctor happy with me. My goals for today are to stay on my eating plan, drink my water, do either stretches or yoga, walk for at least 30 min for my cardio. So far so good.

Mindee~Thanks for the clue in. I looked at our local Kroger store. I will look at Wal Mart. Today I will wear my pedometer as I need 10,000 steps.

Trish~What is white tea:o? I know green and red tea, not sure about white tea. Is it where the rest of the teas are in the store? I mostly drink water with lemon. A change would do me good!

I have to get going for now. Catch you all later. Have a nice day. Pat

short & sassy
05-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Thank goodness for two computer screens at work! LOL I'm reading post on one and replying on the other!!!

Pat, Good going with the 1 lb gone forever!! and I know your knees are happy too! Sounds like you have your day all planned out. It seems strange that you guys are just now starting to plant things...down here in Louisiana stuff has been planted for a month or so already and it is just about too hot to do much more!

Trish, I'm with Pat, what is white tea!! You have my curiosity up...I'll google it in a few! Trish, I just read your story about how you and your husband met and it gave me chills! God definitely takes care of us even when we aren't aware of it! How long have you been together?

Marti, sounds like you had a busy productive weekend with the yard and a productive workout too!

Pandora, I hope that you are doing okay. Check with your dr...your body may just be responding to your change in eating and once it gets use to it...you will lose slower. But definitely mention it to your dr if you ar concerned.

Well,I didn't get caught up on everything..but I think I'll use this technique at home tonight with the desktop and the laptop. That way I can respond as I read and not totally miss someone!

Talk to you later.....

Oh, I get my Wii Fit tomorrow! (I HOPE)

pattygirl63
05-20-2008, 03:50 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

Pat - These days I am as thrilled with a .5 to 1 lb loss as I am if it is more. Yah :carrot: for your 1 lb loss.

Ruth - Tony and I have been married now for almost 5 and half years. Never thought I would every marry again when my precious Bill died and sure never thought I would live anywhere but TX. My life has really changed in the past (almost 8) years since he died and I've been to places I only dreamed of. Although I have been through a lot, I have to say that not only has God seen me through it all, but He has been good to me. I get down sometime and miss everyone back home, but I have my friends here on line and thank God for telephones and emails... I am blessed.

To answer yours and Pat's question about the white tea. I really didn't know what it was but have seen it mentioned with green and black tea. I was in Wal-Mart getting ready to pick up a box of green tea and saw a box of white tea next to it so I grabbed a box. The box says it is made from Asian Plums. I use one bag in a 2 cups water and then nuke for about 2 minutes then pour over a big jug of ice (my WW 32 oz) sweeten to taste. However, it might taste good without sweetner. I have been purchasing the Salada brand green tea at Wal-Mart because it is cheaper. This white tea was the same brand.

Catch y'all later.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
05-20-2008, 04:53 PM
just popping in while I have a chance to. Logan has a little gash I guess you can call it, on the side of his nose. I had gone into the bedroom to make a phone call and he came running in, tripped and his nose met the metal bed frame. I was trying to clean it up and every time I pulled the wash cloth back, he would start crying again, so of course that made it spurt more blood. Thankfully I got him calmed down enough to let me get the bleeding to stop, so now he has a band aid across his nose. I tried to use a little band aid, but he pulled it off and handed it back to me. So, he got stuck with a full sized band aid on his face. I put pictures on my myspace page if you want to check them out.

I forgot to add that I haven't had a pop since Saturday! I have been drinking Iced Tea like it is going out of style! And I use a 2 quart container to make it in, and I can easily drink the whole pitcher myself.

Pat~ Krogers might have it, but it might be in the aisle with the magazines. We hardly ever go to Krogers anymore so I don't honestly know where it would be there. Good luck with staying on your course today! I need to get back into recording every thing that I eat again.

I will come back later to check back in......

suetalks
05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Hello..Just got in from my walk and decided to sit here for a few minutes. It sure looks like everyone is or has been busy.

I actually had an easy day today. Just one load of laundry that I should have done yesterday when I washed bedclothes. Other than that I dusted and cleaned out my bookshelf to sort some books. Then walked with DH.

Yesterday my good friend and former neighbor called to say she was cleaning out some flower beds and if I came over she would give me "starts." I came home with a dishpan, 2 buckets and 4 sacks full of goodies. So I spent another afternoon planting. If this all lives I will be a happy camper. I just need a climbing rose bush, 2 vines and some annuals and I will be finished. (for now) I never did much flower/plant gardening before, so this is fun.

Got another treat yesterday. I have always wanted to see a scarlet tanager and one flew into our back yard. It was a lovely bird...but didn't stay long enough. So, 3 new birds recently, a rose breasted grosbeak and a red headed woodpecker were earlier visitors.

Doesn't take much to make me happy. How about you? Do the little things in life cheer you up? Put a smile on your face? :)

Dixiemae
05-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone

Suetalks~I hope all of your starters thrive. Sounds like you have been a busy lady!!;) I have been working on my flower beds. Tomorrow I plant my flowers and bulbs. It is relaxing isn't it.

Mindee~sorry to hear that Logan hurt his nose. I hope it feels/heals better soon. Hey girlfriend, I walked 3 miles today with Noelle. All time best to this point. Thank you for inspiring me. I will look for the magazine.

Trish~Thank you!!!!!!!! :hug:

Short and Sassy~Thank you!! I always wanted to visit Louisana. I had my bags packed ready to vacation in Baton Rough when hubby told me we couldn't go after all. I was soooooooooo disappointed. Enjoy the warm, it is 60degrees here in Indiana with a strong breeze. Are you going to try the white tea. Can some one tell me does tea count as water??? If so I will switch to brewed tea.

Amanda~I am missing you please post and let us know how you are doing, please.

Eating was a little off for dinner,though I met my calorie goals I had too much fat. I will do better tomorrow. I walked 3 miles. Dug compost for 12 min at one time. The ab workout I did yesterday thinking this is sissy stuff this won't do anything for my abs. WRONG!!! I feel it today+my triceps are a little achey. The part that still waves when I am done waving. I must be doing something wright.:D

Have a wonderful good evening everyone. Pat

katenicole
05-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Hey!
I know I've disappeared for a little but, typical me. I am starting to question if I should go into nursing. I'm starting to consider a lab job, but I am unsure. I just don't know if I can stomach nursing.
I lost a little weight! Yay! I dieted a little and working out/lifting weights. I have been cheating though and eating pretty bad, but still kinda staying within an okay calorie range. So, I coulda lost more, bad me!!!

Sassy_Chick
05-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Hi Girls. I'm sick. I thought at first it was JUST my allergies, but now I think I may have gotten a touch of the flu too. :barf: So cleaning may or may not get done. If it doesn't, oh well, my mom has seen our apt dirty before and if I don't get better, she may not want to come up with a sickie!!! lol.

Dixiemae
05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Good Morning Ladies, Hope everyone is having a good start to their day.

Sassy Chick~Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you feel lots better soon.

Katenichole~nice to hear from you. We will help support you,drop by more often!

I am going to finish filling my flower beds with compost and do some flower planting :) I will need at least 1 more load of compost. The beds are lookilng good. Busy day with laundry and a few other house chores to do. Thank goodness it isn't supposed to rain.:)

I will catch ya all later gotta get busy. Pat

Jane
05-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Wow, this is a busy group! I'm so glad we all have each other for our weight loss journey.

Trish - your relationship with Carol's family is wonderful. What a nice thing for the grandchild to say! I still keep in touch with my XILs, and Neal loves them as much as I do. I even helped take care of here when she was in the nursing home for rehab, since her family lives away. Yes, I think you're right - I just had to get through the vacation before I could concentrate on
losing again. I'll have to try that white tea.

Sue - we have rose-breasted grosbeaks here in early Spring each year, when they are on their way north. Aren't they just the most beautiful things?? I don't know if you remember, but I posted a picture here a couple of years ago. A big woohoo for all the free flowers. I'm going to need some new ones for in front of my new fence.

Marti - how's everything going at work? Hope you get caught up soon. It's supposed to be near 90 here, this weekend. Gotta get the little pool out for the DGDs.

Mindee - so sorry about Logan's boo boo. My son was a walking accident, and I'm thinking Jackson's going to be the same way. They were here last night, and several times he had near misses with the furniture. He was riding his new tractor and was having a blast, lol.

Pat - wow, you're getting a good workout with all the compost work you've been doing. YAY for the pound down! :cp:

Katie - Marti works in a medical lab. Maybe she can give you some pros and cons. One good thing - no weekends!

Ruth - did you get the Wii fit yet? How do you like it? Sometimes I use 2 computers at once, especially when I'm uploading pictures to one of them, lol.

Pandora - glad to see you! Sounds like you did real well this weekend with the food choices. I have trouble with my knees, too, especially the right one, due to a bad fall awhile back. I know from losing before, that the weight really makes a difference.

Sassy - aww, I hope you get feeling better soon. Your mama isn't coming to see your house, hon, and won't care a bit about it.

Amanda - how're you?

Hello to everyone else. :wave:

Our new chain link fence is being installed today. :carrot: It's going to be a huge area for the dogs. Mary's girls can get a puppy now, and are so excited. Tomorrow is their last day of school. I'm so glad about that. :yes:

I'm doing well with the food, but have to take it only one day at a time. I guess that could be said for most of us, right?

Gotta run - have a good one! :hug:

Marti
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Once again, it's a quicky from me. Need to get to work early. I'm thinking that by the end of the week, I will finally be caught up!:carrot:

I'm eating well (hmm....we could take that any way now couldn't we??) :lol: I'm eating "healthier" and working in the yard has me squatting all the time so that's been my exercise, but I do need to hop on the treadmill or start walking the neighborhood to get in more exercise.

Ok...it's almost 9:00 and I need to scoot!

Have a good one ladies!

sz2atheart
05-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Happy Hump Day Ladies!!

Waiting for dh to get home so we can dance tonight, he's running a little late and it figures because we are celebrating two b-days for friends tonight and I have all the decorations :dizzy: I've had a busy day with a nursing conference this morning, then getting estimates from painters this afternoon to paint our sunroom (the ceiling is too high for dh, he doesn't like heights ;)). I have off tomorrow and have to take my mom for a haircut and maybe lunch. I've done so well the past several days staying OP but today was a total washout between the conference this morning (they fed us a huge breakfast and lunch) and you know I gotta deal with two cakes tonight!!

Jane--I'll try to take some pics of the hanging baskets that I did and my front porch tiered pots. I just do some annuals. I have lots of shade around my house. Oh and the weekend with dh's ex.....hmmmm...it went quickly, thank goodness. She brought her mother (my step-d's grandmother) and also her cousin was there so I felt like a total wallflower all weekend....a very well dressed wallflower if I might say so myself!!:D The ex did take a little double take when she first saw me and said "My aren't we looking good" and I was so shocked that I don't believe I even commented or maybe mumbled a quick "thank you".

Well, dh just pulled up. Gotta go!! I check back tomorrow and try to do a few more indies! Sorry for any misspelled, no time to double check.

pattygirl63
05-21-2008, 10:40 PM
A quick :wave: Hello,

Company got in today and we are going to Charlotte tomorrow so will probably be Friday before I get back here.

I don't remember if it was Pat or Ruth asked about how tea counts towards our water. Some people say any thing we drink counts towards the water and others disagree. However, (and again Jane can correct me if I'm wrong) I think my sister who is a WW said that WW says that drinks other than water counts as half. And I think that is only if it is diet drink with sweetner in it. I never worry about it because I drink a lot of water, tea and lemon water everyday. Only time I have a problem getting it all in is when we travel or go out like we will tomorrow going to the Billy Graham Library. Don't want to have to spend a lot of time in potty room.

Y'all have a good evening and day tomorrow and I get back to y'all
Friday.

:hug: Trish

tommysgirl18
05-22-2008, 01:11 AM
I had to come in here and post this accomplishment!

Brandon, as you all know, has been in school now since February 28 of this year. Well, we have noticed a HUGE difference in his speech since he started school and was interacting with other kids. His latest accomplishment, happened today!

All three kids have these label things that go on their cups/bottles, that my mom bought them. Well, since Brandon and Logan like to fight over their cups, I make sure to put their labels on their cups so there are no fights. Well, Brandon got up and ready to go to school, and he went into the fridge to get his cup. He opened up the door and stood there, I didn't say anything because I wanted to see what he was going after.

He lifted up Logan's cup, and spun the cup around so he could see the label. He then took a couple of minutes and then placed the cup back into the fridge. He then lifted up his cup, spun it around to see the name on the label, and then turned around, looked at me, gave me a thumbs up and closed the fridge door!

He has also been bringing home papers from school, that you can tell he wrote his name (with a little bit of help). They have a couple magna doodles around the house, and Brandon picked up the big one the other day and started to use one of the accessories and he was writing letters. He did a perfect upper case D, and then proceeded to do a smaller upper case D on the inside of the first one!

Logan, our little bruiser, is at it again! He didn't take a nap at all today, so he was a little hellion to say the least! He spent most of the day being mad at me because I told him he had to lay down and take a nap, so he kept flipping Brandon's toddler bed over. The last time he flipped it over, he tried to run away from me, but he had slipper foot pajamas on, and kind of ran/slipped into the wall. The sound of it sent sheer panic over me until he turned around. With the insurance issue still in the process of getting worked out, I have been really worried about them getting hurt and having to take them into the hospital or to the doctor's office.

When he turned around, and instantly started crying, I knew he was surely going to have a headache from it! He started to get the tell tale red mark in the spot, so I got him a ice pack before it would get too bad. It started to bruise a little bit, but then he put the ice pack on it and it seemed to have helped. Now, I am just dreading the morning to see if the knot/bump got any bigger or any other colors appear!

Little Miss Marissa, has been a handful herself as well! One night about a month or so ago, she was really fussy so I took her for a walk around the complex. Well, that has now turned into a nightly ritual! (knock on wood.....she didn't wake up when daddy went to bed tonight) But it has been nice to get out and walk with her at night!

Dixiemae
05-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies, A quick fly by as today will be a very busy one. I have an appointment a 3. I am babysitting my little nephew as my sister is in the hospital with a bad staph infection in her let. The doctor had to lance it and put in a drainage wick. She will the there until at least Friday. I am going to see her. I need to plant some flowers, garlic, and yellow pole beans.

I have to tell ya I weighed in this morning the digital scale said 193.6. I will wait til Mondays' weigh in before I count it as the real thing. I will make a ticker tape then. I have been saying I will make a tape, then something happens I don't get it made.

Mindee~ I am very proud of Brandon. He is doing G R E A T!! Give him a big hug for that one. Please let us know how Logan's bump is today.

I have to get going, catch ya all later. Have a great day. Pat

Jane
05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Marti - yep, all that yard work sure does count as a workout. Bet your yard looks so nice.

Tammy - haha, glad the ex noticed how good you look. Sounds like she brought reinforcements with her to give her courage. Hope you had fun with your mama today.

Trish - I think you're right about the water, but not sure. Sounds good to me! Have fun in Charlotte today.

Mindee - aw, Brandon is learning so much! How's Logan's bruised head today?

Pat - yikes, I hope your sister is better soon. Those staph infections can be real scary.

Hello to all others. :wave:

Today I have to drive Neal to his neurosurgeon doctor appt. in Evansville. Just another checkup to see how much progress he's made with the nerves in his leg.

I've been OP and feeling good about that.

Have a good one, ladies. :hug:

Marti
05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Is is Friday yet?

I'm almost caught up at work! Knew I'd get there, just wasn't sure when. So I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry for the quickies all the time, but I'm always on the go. I'll pop in this weekend when I'm taking time to relax a bit, unless I'm out in the yard again finishing up what we started last weekend.

Gotta go ladies.....check back in soon.

tommysgirl18
05-23-2008, 12:35 AM
just thought I would pop in here before heading to bed.

my little man is growing up, that is for sure! sometimes, I think he is growing up too quickly on me, but hey, what can you do? it is bond to happen, right? (has anybody invented that potion that keeps them as babies forever yet?)

We got a letter that we should be getting our government check tomorrow......and I am hoping that it comes in! we are so far in the hole, that we can see a little light that we think is the top. but at least we still have each other, which is what really counts, right?

Pat~ His head is actually really good. You can't even tell that he bumped it unless we tell you. He has no bruise whatsoever. All he had yesterday was a red mark, which I thought for certain would have turned into a bruise by the time he got up this morning, but thankfully it didn't!

Jane~ How did Neal's appointment go? Logan is doing great! Still bouncing off the walls like usual! He was bouncing around while I was trying to get him to put him to bed, and I said "you are the true definition of the phrase a bouncing baby boy!" Tommy started laughing. Before that, I was laying on the couch with Tommy and Logan climbed up on me and was standing and bouncing on me. I looked at Tommy and said "I should have known he was going to be this rambunctious since he was this rambunctious when I was pregnant with him!"

upswife
06-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey ladies, I seem to be doing better now..my MOrning sickness just about did me in. I should have been more prepared, as I had a hard time with the first three, but I guess I forgot. Hopefully I can have a normal life again...I have had enough of the couch and TV. Can't wait to see you lovely ladies!

suetalks
06-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Ellen- Glad to hear you are feeling better. I never had extreme morning sickness, just a little of the queasy stuff for a short time. What is your due date? Hugs to you.

Looks like we have to start over here. I did get a signature made in between the storms here. See you all later. It is storming again.

upswife
06-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Officially my due date is Dec 29th, but due to other complications I will most likely be having a c-section on Dec 22nd. So Christmas will be interesting around here.

Well, since I haven't been able to do much of anything, not much is going on...the high lights have been getting in the shower, but I can tell that I am slowly feeling better, so hopefully I can get back to the gym in the next two weeks...I know the kiddies are itching to go swimming as the outdoor pool has been open since memorial day...and the weather seems to be getting hot! I actually put the air conditioning on this last week because of the humidity from the storms...we have not gotten hit with as many as they said...they keep breaking up by the time they get to us. Well, I do have to make it to the shower today...so I will catch you ladies up tomorrow after church (first trip in about 4 weeks)

Later Ladies!

pattygirl63
06-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Hello Ladies,

I tried to get on yesterday when I came by the house to get mail and put groceries away, but 3FC was down for maintenance and now I can see why they were down. Seems we've lost everything between 5/33 and today. Tony's surgery went very well. Doctor said everything around the prostate gland looks good and he only took that gland. He seemed to be excited about how successful and well it went so DH should now be "cancer free". Tony has pain, but had no problems or complications. He is doing really great. We came home this morning and he is resting. We go to the doctor's office Thursday to get the stitches out.

Another word of good new is that Daddy called today and Mom came home with him from Rehab this morning.

Ellen - It is so good to hear from you. We were wondering how you are doing. Glad you are beginning to feel better.

Sue - How are you doing? How is your Mom?

Amanda - Where are you? Are you okay?

Well, I'm tired and I'll have to cook something for us to eat soon so I'm going to rest a little until then.

Jane, Mindee, Pat, Ruth, Marti and Everybody else I missed have a great week end.

Hugs,
Trish

Marti
06-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey we're back up and we've lost some posts! :o

Just glad that Suzanne was able to save what we've got!! :hug:

I've got to go paint our garage, but will be back later on tonight to chat.

Until then ladies! :wave:

tommysgirl18
06-07-2008, 04:24 PM
just popping in quickly to see how every one is doing.....

we have a graduation party to go to today! so I have to get the kids and myself ready for that while Tommy is in the shower.

Ellen~ It is good to hear from you! Congratulations again! when will you find out what you are having? or I should ask if you are finding out what you are having?

Sassy_Chick
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Hola! I know, I know........I have been MIA. I just honestly have not felt like posting....................Just been just feelin I dunno blah. Not sad or nothing, just blah. lol. I haven't done nothing! Well I did clean the fans (ick) and vacuum and did some laundry but that is about it..............Just not much energy......I think its the heat. Just ZAPS the energy right out of ya! So I have been bein' lazy and watchin my Little House On the Prairie DVD's. lol. Real Productive, eh? lol.

UGH I dread going back to work tomorrow night. Next week is my long week.........:p (4 nights - 46 hrs)

Anywho. I haven't had much of an appetite lately, I suppose it is from the heat. If that is the case, then maybe I should move to Miami or something! lol. That is their secret down there! Its just too dang hot to eat! lol. I did eat an icecream cone, in a waffle cone I may add. :drool: It was soo good! It was just plain vanilla soft-serve, but it was good! I don't eat much icecream, so I think it was ok! lol.

DH has been doing good, a lot better than me! He has been eating a lot of fruit and not drinking pop. I am the "bad girl" lol.

My in-laws just had their 37th Anniversary! :yikes: I hope dh and I can last that long without killing one another! lol.

Anywho, I guess I have rambled on long enough. Guess I had to make up for lost time, eh? lol. :blah: Don't ya just love my Signature? I just love it! lol. Isn't the cat so me? :lol:

Take Care!!!

da fat n da furious
06-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey all,,,seems we had some interesting things happening around here....lol
I admit I was lost...kept going in circles.

Trish,,,glad to hear Tony's surgery went well...he will be good as new soon. And Im happy about your Mom.

Congrats on the baby news Ellen....
I didn't really suffer all that much with the first pregnancy but the second knocked me back a few weeks...lost alot of weight actually. I walked out of the hospital the same weight I was when I first got pregnant.

Hey Sue,,,sounds like you guys have had alot of storms...we have had rain,,,rain and more rain..blah

Mindee...did you watch the game? I was pretty excited with the win....

Well Monte and I went to the casino to see Caroline Rhea...(biggest loser's host 2 years ago...and she was on Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
She does a stand up comedy,,,she was pretty funny...so down to earth. And expecting a baby...
Im excited about work,,,they might of finally hired someone to do manifests which would mean I don't have to anymore....this is a great thing. I could focus on 1 job...mine.

Well Monte and I rented a movie so am going to go see that.
night all

Dixiemae
06-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Hi Everyone. I am trying desperately to get back into this group. If anyone out there in Jaded Ladies land receives this post. I can not find chit chat#297.
Thanks Pat

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/198/150/192/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

short & sassy
06-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Hi ladies,

I hate that we lost the post. I have a hard enough time remembering what I'm doing much less what all of your are doing.

Mindee, how was the graduation party?

Trish, I do remember that your husband came out of surgery okay. Glad that things are going well and you two are back at home. Glad to hear your mom is going home.

Pat, you are in the right place! The servers went down and they lost all post from May 23 - June 6th. So we are just starting from here now

Sassy, I have alot of those days were I don't feel like posting. I'll come in and read so I can keep up with everyone. I imagine the secret to Miami is the beach. We have hot humid weather here in Louisiana and it never helped me lose weight. Now if I had a nice sandy beach to sit on...that might have been another story! LOL

Hi Ellen, I don't think you have been posting since I've been back here posting, but congrats on the baby. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Angie, I remember Caroline Rhea, she took over the Rosie O'Donnell show at one point. I bet you and your husband enjoyed yourselves.

Well, last week was a good one. I exercised with the Wii Fit and/or walked on the treadmill 4 or 5 days since last Saturday. I have actually lost 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks since I've owned the Wii Fit game. Today I had my stepdaughter over to show her how the game worked. Now she is wanting one. It is something that the whole family could play. I can just see her 5 and 3 year old running in place in the living room with their mom or playing the pretend hoola hoop. It will be a great why to incorporate exercise at an early age for her girls.

Also weight wise I'm now officially in a size 14. This morning I weighed 166...I'm starting to drop pretty good since I've started exercising!!

Work related, we had our yearly evaluations...I received a 50 cent raise with another 50 cents if I don't blow it. So...that is my life this week ... hope eveyone is having a good one.

tommysgirl18
06-08-2008, 01:43 AM
just popping back in here.....

we had a great time at the graduation party! if you are on myspace, I put up the pictures from the party on there now.

Angie~ Yeah I did watch the game! It was awesome!! How is your family doing?

Ruth~ It was great! The kids had a blast....and they got to see one of their aunts who is their godmother.

Marti
06-08-2008, 03:04 AM
Hi ladies...

I was going to do some catching up but got invited to a friends to see her new home and stayed much later than anticipated. I'm really tired and ready for bed.

I will catch up tomorrow.

And since we're so close to the end....I'm going to go restart the thread for 297.

See you all there.

Good night.:wave: