Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Well, How was your day?

It rained, than rained again, and guess what it rained again!!! Kind of put a damper on our outing. One of my DD took us and the older grandkids to a Mongolian BBQ and I had sirloin, edamame, tofu, baby corn and pea pods and got to use my WLS card for the second time ever. It was wonderful food!!

My DD got me a cookbook!! I love cookbooks. It is the new "The Most Decadent Diet Ever" by the Biggest Loser author. It is really a good read and looks delicious. No sugar though listed in the nut. info!!!! After lunch went to a 1/2 Price Bookstore and picked up a copy of Lickety Split Healthy meals. It does have the sugar count listed and can be use on the phase II of the South Beach Diet.

My DH said I looked very nice today, but he doesn't think that I should lose anymore weight. I was dumbfounded and asked him why. He said that sometimes I look haggard and too thin. I was dumbfounded again. I don't really concentrate too much on how I look, but how well I feel. I think it all comes down to times that I'm not drinking enough and I think I do look washed out and "haggard". I weigh 194 lbs and am only 14 pounds from goal and feel great. I don't concentrate on the scales, but he asked me to weigh myself! I think he is really concerned, so I had to assure him that I was really well and happy and not starving myself for the "Twiggy" look. I still think of myself as an imperfect fat person and probably always will, but will never be razor thin because I LIKE FOOD TOO MUCH!! We have had our first week of him eating low fat and low sugar!!! I'm going to poke my eye out with a stick!!!! We stopped the grandkids off at Dairy Queen and he asked me what he could eat and I told him "nothing here, really". They have nothing that is low sugar, but the girl serving my GKs said that it is 97% fat-free! LOL! I think our life is about to get real interesting. I just gave him a piece of fruit and some cheese bites, because he's "hungry". I feel sorry for him, because been there and done that. But, if I catch him eyeing my protein bars once more........I calling the cops!!! LOL!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

nancy - relax about your weight. you've lost a LOT quickly, and it'll take some time for your body to 're-form' or redistribute or whatever.

and your hubby can ALWAYS have a small dish of ice cream - remember, it's all about portion control. you're doing wonderfully - keep focused on what YOU want/need
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote