South Beach Diet - Thursday On The Beach

View Full Version : Thursday On The Beach

cottagebythesea
05-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Warm and wet day on tap for us here. It's just as well, as I agreed to watch one of Maggie's classmates this afternoon, so they can keep each other occupied. Other than that, it'll be just another ordinary day.

hmacneil, I'm glad you're friend is doing well.

Stephanie, you and your DD are just beautiful! It was hard to tell just who was who!

ladybugnessa
05-08-2008, 06:53 AM
ladies, i love all of you.. i just do not have it in me to do personals or anything else other than say hi.... my choice is to disappear on you again or just keep on waving....and wait this funk out. i'll wave...

have a good day.

CyndiM
05-08-2008, 07:05 AM
:coffee2: Looks like our last nice day for quite awhile. What a weird spring.

Cottage - I hope the girls get a long well. Have a good day :)

Nessa - :hug: It's just nice to see you waving from over there.

Just another work day for me, though I wish I could play hooky!

And now for coffee!

cottagebythesea
05-08-2008, 07:14 AM
Nessa, just hang in there, honey! You know we're all pulling for you! :hug:

Cyndi, enjoy your nice weather while it lasts! Coffee is tasting mighty good this morning! I'd love to play hooky today, too. It's the sort of day to just curl up on the couch all day with my book and a nap.

Well, I had planned to go to Curves, but I just went out on the sunporch and it's just pouring buckets! So I think I'll just stay in and do another WATP workout. I really enjoy them, anyway. I just put a pot of steelcut oats on to simmer with a handful of dried cranberries, cherries and apricots in it. That will be a nice breakfast to look forward to after my workout. :)

KO
05-08-2008, 07:33 AM
I think I'll join Nessa in the waving! It's been a week since I'm back to work and while my demeanor is upbeat and positive. my stress eating and exhaustion is out of control. so that says whats REALLY going on! I can't really post at work
I'm going to be doing a little 1.5 hybrid and I'm reading BECK so hopefully it helps me get my head on Straight! ok Off to wake up DH!
Kierie

Natalie'sMom
05-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Good morning ladies...I am a little sleepy...been up since 4 AM with the baby. I think she might be asleep finally, but my older daughter will be up within the hour...so I am not sure it is worth going back to bed.

Well, my great-aunt passed away yesterday. She was in her 90s, so she lived a nice, long life. The one good thing is that my grandma is coming in for the funeral and she hasn't met the baby yet. So, that'll be nice. But, it is going to be a busy weekend and probably lots of meals out, sitting shiva with food, etc. I just hope I can stay focused!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Playing hookey does sound nice -- though I guess I am since I am on maternity leave still! Ha, ha!

Schmoodle
05-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Morning chicks, Happy Thursday!
Nessa, no disappearing! Fake it 'til you make it, right?
Hi Kierie, nice to see you back. Good luck with the Beck.
cottage, have fun with the girls today.
Nat'smom - sorry about your great aunt. Hope you have a nice visit with your grandma though.

Yesterday was play day so today I feel a little guilty and need to get back to it. I am also going to work on getting things in order for the weekend. It's gray here too, but no rain so far. Oh, and tonight is survivor! Have a good one chicks.

Ruthxxx
05-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Quickie but Meowee and I have had coffee. We are going to do a wee tour later this morning and maybe take in a quilt shop later. Hershey is in love with my house guest.

Everything is gorgeous out there this morning after a big rain yesterday. The sun is blazing down and drying up the puddles but it's way too wet for gardening. A day off! Yippee!

little chick
05-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Good Morning chicks... I am so tired this morning. I had two hours sleep, I was up coughing all night. And it is going to rain here today as well, so I wish I could curl up with a good book and a nap. I can't even go to bed early tonight as I have a double dance class. I hope I make it. Went to TOPS last night and not good. But I knew it would not be, so I am back on track today and ready even though sleepy to detox I really need it.

Cottage- hope the girls have fun inside. I am thinking we will be doing something crafty today and later a movie.

Nessa- Hang in honey, just keep on waving. You will get through this slump. Sending you big hugs.:hug:

Cindy- Have a great day. I wish I could play hookey as well. :dizzy:

KO-Hope you have a great day.

Natalie'sMom- So sorry to hear about your great aunts passing. I was just going to bed when you were getting up. Hope you get a little nap in today. And it will be nice for your grandmother to meet your new baby.

Schmoodle- hope your play day was a great one. You should not feel guilty you are a hard worker. I am going to have to tape surviour as I won't be home in time from dance class. Wonder who will get voted out tonight. I really don't have a favorite this time.

Me- still sick, still tired. But I do need to plan my Mothers day meal plan. I am having my sister and her boyfriend and her dd and his dd, my brother his wife and their two girls and my mom and her other half as well as my family for a bque on sunday. And I want to have a healthy meal. Plus I got a new patio set for Mothers day from dh and the girls which is still in the box in my car I can't wait to get it set up. I have wanted one since we moved here 13 years ago. I am so excited.

Well must dash have a great day chicks.

little chick
05-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Morning Ruth, enjoy your day. I hope that if you are having sunshine today then we will tomorrow.

TwynnB
05-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Good morning ladies!

It's a beautiful spring morning here (central PA) but maybe my view is skewed since they told me I can go in late to work?!?!

And this SBD (I realized this morning...that used to mean "silent but deadly when we were little, right?) is going okay....on day 4 now. Lost "2.6" lb so far. I'm stunned I passed by the free pizza at work, ignored the chips my friend was eating, ate out at lunch with a friend yesterday (and still lost 1/2 lb!!), and ....am drinking coffee WITHOUT sugar!?!? (I think splenda gives me a headache) What's up with that?!?! I'm kinda proud of myself!!

I really enjoy watching conversations here...great support!

tkglenn
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
good morning ladies. just a quick pass through. On my way to take the boys to school and will be back in alittle.

Kim_Star060404
05-08-2008, 09:55 AM
TGIF is almost here, ladies!! Wahoo!

Cottage: Thanks for starting us up! I wish we were waking up to a downpour like you are, but that's okay - it means I can workout outside today. Enjoy WATP :running:! I really love those workouts, too.

Nessa: :wave: and :hug: to you! Stay strong and don't forget that, even when you're in a funk, you're an inspiration to all of us!!

Cyndi: I'll enjoy some coffee and playing hookie with you! We should go shoe shopping!! :lol: Have a good day!

Kierie: :wave: and :hug: to you, too! I hope you get some relief from stress and exhaustion soon!

Natalie'sMom: Sorry to hear about your great aunt, but it is wonderful that your grandma is going to be able to see her great-granddaughter. Good luck with the busy weekend...we're here for you! :hug:

Schmoodle: Hiya! Have a great day, oh, and can you put things in order for my weekend as well? ;) I'm swamped!! Have a good day!

Ruth: Sounds like you're really enjoying your time with Meowee, Hershey too! Have a wonderful day today!

LC: Awww, I hope you feel better soon. It's great that you got a new patio set...13 years is quite a while to wait, but it'll make it worth it! Hope you feel better and get some rest!

TwynnB: I don't think we've "met" yet. I look forward to getting to know you. Hope you enjoy your late day and congrats on your loss on SB so far!

:wave:, TK! Have a nice day!

Me: Well, yesterday was another completely clean day. Five in a row for me is unheard of! I'm really feeling great and on day 6 of P1, I'm sitting at a 5 lb loss! I'll wait until official W-I on Sat. to change the ole ticker.

Tonight I have a big Avon order to get out, plus some laundry and a workout. Should be a pretty leisurely evening. Well, got to get off to work...hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim

Kim_Star060404
05-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Stephanie: You are both so pretty! Your DD looked so nice and classy for her prom - kuddos to you for raising a great kid!

Laurie: Thank you so much! I hope you have a great day!!

GONNABE165
05-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Morning chickies!

Nessa you can't leave us so just keep waving as you go by - we understand

Cottage your breakfast sounds great - enjoy

Natsmom :hug: I am sorry for your loss

Schmoodle everyone needs a play day every now and then it helps keep us sane so don't feel guilty

Ruth it sounds like you and meowee are having a good visit

LC :getwell:

TwynnB your doing good - keep up the great work

Kim you sure do keep a busy schedule. How did the finals go?

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

I finally added pics to my one year thread I started - they are the only ones I was able to get loaded - be sure to check them out if you get a chance.

ladybugnessa
05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
oh guys you're so sweet...

yesterday i went to the gym and worked with my trainer. I can wrap my arm around her and touch my upper arm. she's so thin when I hug her i'm afraid to break her...

my left leg (the one that was broken) is 2 inches bigger than it was in February and 2 inches bigger than the right leg. (calf area)

in fact all my measurments went up which makes no sense because my weight went down 8 pounds and my body fat went down 3% I have a call in to my doctor to determine what we want to do about all this water....

hmacneil6
05-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Morning ladies, thanks for your prayers yesterday. Kia is doing fine. It's pretty traumatic to be 24 and have a total hysterectomy, but I'd rather have that then have no life at all. Thanks again!

Cottage - Have a good day! Have fun enjoying a little time off from Maggie. Your oatmeal sounds wonderful! Enjoy your WATP.

Nessa - Hang in there, hon! We're sending hugs your way.

Cyndi - Have a great day!

KO - Welcome! Here's to getting through P1 cleanly.

Nat's Mom - Sorry about your Great Grandmother. I hope you can find peace in knowing that she lived a long and full life.

Schmoodle - Looking forward to Survivor! I really hope they get rid of Natalie tonight.

Ruth - Have fun showing off your city today!

l/c - Get better chickie!!!! Hang in there and try to take care of yourself.

TwynnB - Welcome! You've come to a great place of support and information. Sounds like your off to a great start! Keep it up!

TK - Hope things are better today. Have a good one!
Kim - Good job on staying clean. I know the scales will reflect the hard work you've put into things this week.

Gonnabe - I want to see picture!!! But there's no link!

Me - It should be a good quiet day. I'm really sore from yesterday's strength & scuplt, but it feels good knowing that I worked muscles that needed to be worked. Looking forward to Survivor tonight and spending time with my dh. Have a lovely Thursday, Ladies!
ENJOY!

beachgal
05-08-2008, 10:59 AM
:rain:

Enjoy the kiddos, Cottage! Have you found unsweetened cherries? I use the sweetened ones, sparingly, but wish I could find unsweetened ones. They are SO sweet already--I don't know why they add sugar! :rolleyes:

:wave: Nessa, I'm sending tons of prayers and good vibes your way. :hug: Can you feel all the love surrounding you, hon? :goodvibes Feel free to wave anytime...we'd rather see a tiny bit of you than none at all! :(

:wave: Cyndi, Schmoodle, TK

Kierie, I'm glad you're posting! :hug: Sometimes we just get too busy, but I find that when I avoid posting here I'm usually trying to do something that I know isn't beneficial to my body and I'm avoiding talking about it. ;) Glad you're reading the Beck book. I find it's really good for pushing me to be honest with myself.

Natalie's Mom, I'm so sorry about your great aunt. :hug: It's so hard when they go, even when they're in their 90s. I'm glad your grandma will get to meet Gracie, though! How old is Gracie? Sounds like you're still in the "no sleep" part of early motherhood! ;) Sorry about that...hopefully you and Natalie can catch a nap this morning? BTW, oddly, DH's aunt's two daughters are named Natalie and Grace...and N is older than G. Isn't that funny? Stay strong during shiva and focus on visiting. Maybe if you keep your arms full of baby, you won't be able to have your hands full of food! ;)

Meowee is one lucky lady, Miss Ruth! :D Hope you all have fun today and that M fills up on Hershey snuggles! :love:

:getwell: LC and enjoy the new patio set! What fun! Bbques are really easy to keep OP. Lots of grilled veggies, homemade coleslaw or WW pasta salad, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, grilled lean meats. Yum! :T

:welcome3: Twynn! Congrats on doing such a great job passing up all that stuff...I bet you feel a LOT better than you would if you'd eaten it. :D Have you tried Stevia in your coffee? Or perhaps agave nectar (in P2?)?

Kim, you gorgeous girl, :bravo: on all your hard work! You're doing great! I would SO join you on the shoe shopping! :s:

Gonna, I can't wait to read your one-year thread. :D Congrats! Love your avatar...what a cutie-pie!

Nessa, I had terrible swelling issues with my leg for almost 9 months after I injured it. Definitely check with your doctor, but in the meantime, try to elevate the left leg when you're sitting. I carried a pillow around with me everywhere, as annoying as it was!

Simulposting, Heather! Hope you have a great day! I'm so glad Kia is okay and that she had a chance to start a family before this happened. Will they help her through her early menopause? :( My muscles are sore from Tuesday's strength training--but I agree with you, it's a good hurt. :D

Me:
I feel surprisingly cheerful on such a gloomy-looking day. It might be the beautiful weather and the lack of need for a coat! :sunny:

I'm having a group of friends over for a little get together a week from Saturday, and I'm torn between my need to work in the garden this weekend and the need to organize/clean/tidy the house! :stress: No idea what we'll do, but I think I need to get DH's behind moving tonight on stain treating our pup's piddle spots on the rug in preparation for steam cleaning this weekend. Our pup has had some incontinence issues and we thought she'd gotten better for a while only to realize she was hiding her piddles behind a pile of big floor pillows! :yikes: We have our work cut out for us...

This is the last normal week of school here at the community college and they've been having food giveaways all week! Yesterday was ice cream, ,but I was okay avoiding it. Today, however, they are grilling out and I am such a sucker for hot dogs! :drool: I must be strong and eat my perfectly lovely lunch from home! :strong:

Off to the post office after work and then to the gym. I think I'm making some kind of pork/peanut sauce/soba noodles dish for dinner. Hope everyone has a great day!

tkglenn
05-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Ok, I had to run to walmart to buy baby's diapers. I am really frutrated today. I am being kept busy so I don't eat any junks or whatever and my weight goes up. I mowed the lawn yesterday and the days before that I've been constantly cleaning the house and my weight goes up? Why? I'm getting frustrated with it. I want to hit onederland by the ending of next week. I've been stuck at this weight (203-205) for almost a month and a half I think. Isn't there some kind of "booster"? lol

beachgal
05-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I know that's totally frustrating, TK. Are you sure you're eating enough? If you aren't, your body will hold on to that weight for dear life. Check your calories in www.fitday.com to see if you're getting more than 1200. If you're exercising that much and staying OP, you should be losing. If it's not happening and you know you're getting enough calories, you might want to see your doctor and see if everything's working right. It might be something like a thyroid problem or perhaps a metabolism issue. :shrug: Just keep on, and eventually this stuff will come off! :D

GONNABE165
05-08-2008, 11:16 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141765

Heres the link to see the pics & read my story

tdiprincess
05-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Cottage: Good morning. It rained all last night and it looks like it'll be raining today too. I'll be doing house work and then work with DH... The oats sound yummy.. I'll do that when I can find no sugar added fruit.. I did the 3mile today... its quite a workout!!

Nessa: :hug: It looks like you need at least one of those. Thank you for say hi :) :hug:

Cyndi: Just think, the weekend is coming quickly!! :D

KO: :hug: you need 'em too :) You'll get through this period. Take one day at a time :hug:

Nat's mom: I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. She did live a very nice long life. Enjoy seeing your grandmother!! And enjoy your hooky days while they last :hug:

Schmoo: Enjoy survivor tonight. I'm about the same way with weather today.. its cloudy.. it will probably rain, but it hasn't yet!! :D

Ruth: Enjoy your day to relax!! I'm glad to see someone has sun around here...but I am jealous!! LOL :P

Little Chick: :hug: sorry to hear you're still sick. It looks like you're going to be very busy!!! Take it one step at a time and you'll get it all done :D

Twynnb: congrats on starting, losing some weight and staying strong!! It would be hard to pass by the pizza!! Great job!!! you should be proud!! :hug:

TK: I'm sorry you're frustrated. Have you tried changing things up? Take out or add things to your diet? Bump up the exercise? You'll figure it out and then you'll weight yourself one day.. hopefully soon.. and you'll be down!! Just keep trying!! :hug: :D

Kim: Looks like you're going to be busy today!!! I'm excited about Friday as well...its payday!!! Congrats on staying firm and continuing the battle!! :D

Gonnabe: good morning! I'll have to check the pictures out!! Have a good day!! :)

Hmac: Good job on the workout.. i jsut did a 3 mile WATP and I can feel it!

Beach: You do have your work cut out for you... Is it bad that DH and I chuckled a little bit at your pup hiding its piddle spots? Smart dog.. LOL.. But that still stinks that you have to clean it up!! Enjoy your get together :)

Me: I did a WATP 3mile video... I'm kinda tired from it. I'll be making breakfast soon.. I just wanted to get the personals out of the way!! Anyhow my day will be housework and then work with DH.. its looks kinda rainy. we'll see how it goes. I'm sure I'll be around later!! :hug: to all!! :D

hmacneil6
05-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Laurie - I'm hoping that she has some good Dr.'s on her side. She has a very supportive family. But I know that regardless, she'll have a tough road to tow. My pups (daschuands) had the same issue. i had heard that they are difficult to house train, but boy......it's hard. Horray for steam cleaners!!! Be Strong today! Enjoy your LOVELY LUNCH!!!

Princess - Good job on your workout! Keep it up !

SkinnyDogMom
05-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Laurie-I was able to find unsweetened cherries at Trader Joe's. It was difficult though, you are right, most brands have added sugars. TJ's had 2 kinds, Bing and something else that didn't have added sugar. I used the Bing's to make a Waldorf Salad.
And on Heather's friend, Kia, so glad to hear she is going to be ok. Usually when someone is bleeding and that is the reason for the hysterectomy, they can leave the ovaries, therefore prevent early menopause.
Have a great day everyone!
Just trying to keep packing up the house here, only 3 weeks until we move!
Karla

tdiprincess
05-08-2008, 03:22 PM
hmac: Thanks.. I did the video and then DH and I went for a 30min. bike ride... no more fooling around for me. I want to get moving!!! :D

Kim_Star060404
05-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks to everyone who asked - the final was...okay. It was looong. So glad it's all over for this semester. Still not sure about attending in the Fall. Lots of thinking and praying to do until August!

zeffryn
05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I made taco bake tonight. It was yummy as usual, although I did a few things different. I mixed in with the beef mixture (i used turkey instead) a few cups of cooked brown rice and a can of black beans. I nixed the refried beans all together and just threw the big mixture into a casserole, sprinkled some cheese on top and baked it until hot.

yummmmmmm.

tdiprincess
05-09-2008, 12:34 AM
hmm...I'll have to try that next time Zef