Old 05-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #1  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

Default Eating Out :(

I'm heading off an a girls weekend with my mum, a good friend of hers and her daughter!!

I was looking really forward to it until this morning when I woke up and realized what am I going to eat?

I'm new to all of this so I'm not really sure about points and restaurants just yet!? Also, I don't particularly want to tell anyone (my mother knows) that i'm on WW and counting my points!

Can anyone give me some suggestions other than subways that would make good choices. I've already figured that I'll probably end up having subway for lunch or dinner one of the days but I'm at a loss for other restaurants!!

Any feedback will be appreciated!!!

P.S i'm spending the weekend in upstate NY
missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

dwlz.com

She's got a list of a variety of restaurants & points values.

If you're going to a restaurant that doesn't have points on the website, make common sense smarter decisions. Grilled chicken, salad without croutons & dressings on the side. No creamy dressings. Watch for cream sauces. Most places have steamed veggies.

Fast food restaurants even have a couple better choices these days
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:27 AM   #3  

Just a few suggestions --watch out for portion sizes, try to pick a lot of veggies and skip the bread basket!!

Subway has a lot of great lunches with reasonable points -- not sure if you are doing core or flex.

Save you 35 extra weekly points, if you still have them, to cover any goofs you may end up with.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #4  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

I wasn't planning on touching my 35 extra points at all.

As it stand now I'm usually left with 5 or so points extra by the end of the day which I try to eat up with fruits and veggies.

I actually went to Subway last night and had a 6inch veggie sub on wheat bread with no cheese or dressing. I think it came to 6 pts???? Not sure exactly how many. However, I was really full after I ate it.

I was planning on going to subway for lunch on both days. Its dinner that kind of freaks me out.

I'm going to bring my laptop so that I can check my choices before I go out to eat tomorrow night!!

missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #5  

Personally for me since I started WW -- even if I'm not right on target when I eat out, the fact that I'm making a conscious effort to eat healthy/low calorie I usually end up within or at least incredibly close to my points range, even when I can't be exact.

I'm sure you'll do fine -- laptop should be a great help. Most of the restaurant chains have their information on line. Good luck.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Two ideas from me:

-A second recommendation for dwlz.com, there's almost any kind of restaurant you'd need listed there with points values, as long as the restaurant is not just a little local one.

-Please, please be sure to eat at least your daily points! That is the absolute minimum you should be eating. And don't be afraid of your Flex Points, they are there for a reason, WW wouldn't give them to you if they guaranteed you'd gain weight. Some things to think about

Good luck at the restaurant, and remember to enjoy it
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote