Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #1  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Default No-slip headbands that really don't slip?

OK, I want to wear those stretchy headbands when I'm exercising. I like the fan blowing on me, but hair blowing in my face. Problem is that I've tried 2 headband brands that say "no-slip" but they slip on me. I have very fine, smooth hair and I guess maybe a "largish" head. Any ideas?
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

I have an enormous head and fine hair too, and the only thing I've found that works for me with those headbands is to bobby pin them.
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #3  

This stuff called pre-wrap. I am almost sure you can get it at Walmart or Target, but for sure at a soccer store (usually $3 for a roll). All the girls on my daughters soccer team wear it. They get it in all kinds of colors. It comes in a roll and one roll will make lots and lots of headbands. The roll is about 4 inches from top to bottom. What you do is break off a piece that you can tie around your head like a headband and then you roll it and it really keeps the hair in place. That is all the girls ever use. When you are done with it, it breaks really easy and throw it away. It is a pre-wrap that you would put against your skin before taking, but it works great as a headband. Should be able to find in First Aid section or sports section. Also a sporting goods store may have it. Each one you make is a one time use, but one roll will make a lot of them. Hope this works if you try it!!
lovemylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #4  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I've tried the bobby pin thing and the band just keeps pulling the pin back!

I'll try the pre-wrap, for sure! I've noticed that before at sporting events and now know what it is. Thanks.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I use a bandana, and I've got pretty fine hair like yours. It works better than a headband. The pre-wrap stuff looks neat too.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

http://www.buffwear.com/

I bought one of these to use when it's too warm for a winter hat but still cool enough that I want *something* on when I run. (I usually fold it over twice and it's a great ear-warmer.) But it makes a super headband or bandana, too, and stays put better than my little everyday (non-exercise) headbands.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

I have fine layered hair and I always end up with either a bandana or just twisting it back is small sections and pinning those individually. Every headband or clip I've ever owned has at some point slid out of my hair unless it's pinned in, so I gave up on the "no slip" bands a while back.
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote