Old 04-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #1  

Default Energy return

Hi. I know some of you guys have just started MF in the past few weeks.
When did you see your energy return or increase?
I am dragging and starting my 36 hour work week. Not really looking forward to the 12 hour shifts.
Sorry I am so whiny. I will get better.
mommy23monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #2  
Operator265

Holy Moly! It sounds like we have the same ugly shift work. I got my energy back when I was working, but I started training in a rather physical job(lots of walking). More importantly, I wasn't driving.

It's been three weeks though and I still get a little sloppy on my days off. Ofcourse, I kind of had that problem before. You may want to take a multi-vitamin to help.

What type of shifts do you work? Mine are 4 on 4 off, 2 sets of days then 2 graves. I'm totally dreading going back to graveyards after my next day shift. I'ld rather be on 7 day long change. Plus, the bozos at my company are having us start at 7:00 instead of 6:00. No, we don't sleep any longer because we are now in traffic, but, we do lose an hour of time in the evenings with our families. I'm worried about the last couple hours of my shift when I'm back on trucks. It was hard enough to make it to the end before MF. The last few hours are going to be ****.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #3  

Hi operator. Thanks for reply. Probably should take a multivit.
Shift work kinda sucks, but yours sounds much worse than mine.
I work (3) 12 hour shifts per week, but all are days. I work 3, off 2, work 3, off 6, then start the process again. The 6 days off are great, it's the evenings after a 12 that SUCK! I can't decide what I want as far as a schedule goes. I was working regular 8-5, but had a baby, felt all the mommy guilt and terrible hormones, so I went back to 12s. Now I'm over that and SO wish I would have stuck out the other job. The grass is always greener.
But I would like to go back to the job with reg hours. No weekends, no holidays. It was teaching nursing school. So some day, hopefully soon, there will be an opening.
What do you do?
mommy23monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 PM   #4  
Operator265

I'm a miner. I just did 3 weeks of days training for blasting. The first week I did 5-8 hr shifts M-F. I took 1 day to get used to that. The next 2 weeks were 4-12 hr. shifts M-T. Loved it too. Now it's back to the crap shift. Hating it. At least on days I should be blasting, which gives me alot more physical exertion than driving a truck.

Things got way out of control today. Had to take my dog to the vet. First told he had a large mass in abdomen. 3 hrs. later went in, told it looked like cancer. Another 3 hrs later found out he has stones in urethra and possibly tumors. The mass was his bladder holding 120 cc's of urine that they took out by needle. He needs surgery in the morning to see if they can get the stones and how bad the tumors are(if they are). If cancerous, they may put him down on the table. I've been on a roller coaster from ****. When we went to pick him up tonight he almost died from the pain meds they gave him. I almost died with him. They got it reversed and he came back. My heart is finally starting to beat right too.

Dear God he's only 10 years old and I absolutely adore him. I still need him sssoooo much. Atleast I have some extra money that came in out of nowhere. It's seems as though the universe knew I would need it, so I'm taking that as a good sign. He's the man of the house. I can't imagine this being our home without him.

I only had my muffins this morning. Then I forced down a chocolate bar between the first two visits. When we were on the way home I got a burrito supreme and Taco Bell(Daughter was hungry)and I don't feel at all bad about it. I can't eat jack right now so it's helping keep my strength up.

I'm healthy. My girls have always been healthy. I should count my blessings. But I'm just so damned scared. I'm going to keep praying, not sleep all night making sure he's still breathing and feel like a dumbass tomorrow at noon when he's OK and my world stops spinning out of control.

Last edited by Operator265; 04-30-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #5  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Had to take my dog to the vet.... I've been on a roller coaster from ****....I'm going to keep praying, not sleep all night making sure he's still breathing and feel like a dumbass tomorrow at noon when he's OK and my world stops spinning out of control.
Oh, I hope your poor dog came out okay! *hug* How are you and he?
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #6  
Operator265

I really goofed. I took some Multi's the first 2 weeks before I started feeling better w/o them, but, I just found out they aren't reccommended because the MF food already has a full days supply and you could Overdose on Vit A & D. I'm really sorry. I hope everything's OK.

Berkshire-I had to put my baby down on the 5th. I went thru ****, but it was for the best. The stones were cancerous.