Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 28 April

I big presentation in 20 minutes so this will be short - wish me luck!

I caught a stomach bug this past weekend. Was up Saturday night sick ALL night. And I was at a friend's house 2.5 hours away. It was horrible. I ended up sleeping until 11am Sunday (didn't really get to sleep until 3:30 in the morning), then left around 12:30 to drive home yesterday. After I got home, I realized I had body aches really bad. It lasted until I went to sleep last night. I think I only ate around 300 calories yesterday. Every time I tried to eat something, I didn't think it was going to stay down. Everything tasted disgusting. It was pretty bad

I'm feeling better today, though. Of course I didn't get to go food shopping, so I don't have the best stuff to eat today. No veggies because they would be too rough on my tummy I think, and I only had oranges left in the house for fruit.

More later, have to run!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Lori: I hope your presentation went well today and that you're feeling better. I've been pretty lucky and haven't caught any of those viral things that have been going around.

The weather here is crazy--Saturday morning it was 77 degrees and by 1 pm the temp had dropped to 62 and was windy--by evening the temp was 56!

Sunday after the WW meeting we went walking down at the peninsula and got in a nice 4+ mile walk--my legs/butt were sore but it felt good. I'm finally starting to feel more like myself and not so tired. I will admit that I napped a little both Saturday and Sunday but I think that was because the temps were dropping and my sinuses were acting up (I had a sinus headache).

Tomorrow morning I take DS #2 for allergy tests; the office said we'll be there 2-2 1/2 hours but we'll know what he's allergic to at the end. I'm sure there is something that is causing some of his anguish but we'll see.

I've been having a really hard time in the evening with eating--it doesn't matter if it's something I like or not, I eat it anyway. Afterwards I get so frustrated and angry with myself because I can't control myself! Tonight I'm on the computer instead of being in the kitchen doing cupboard aerobics!

Overall things are gearing up in the office and I need to get caught up with everything before it gets really crazy! Next week is finals week for the students so they'll be leaving campus next week. It's always amazing to see how the parents are trying to get everything to fit into their cars when they pick up their son/daughter from the residence halls.

I'll check in again tomorrow!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Just a quick one. I am so swamped at work, I can hardly see straight. I don't know why my workload has exploded, it just has. It's 6 PM and I'm still at work. I have someone coming to house to plan wedding music at 7 PM; I need to get out of here.

Lori, I hope you feel better. Hope the presentation went well, too.

Melissa, that is some wild weather, but probably normal for this time of year.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick check in before I tackle my folders here--it's a chilly 33 degrees this morning--talk about a 360 turn in weather! I think the weekend is supposed to be a little warmer (60's).

This afternoon I have to take my car in--it was one of the Corolla's involved in the recall for the back window mechanisms. I'm going to head to my meeting and then go to the dealership to get it taken care of.

Last night my ankle swelled again--don't know exactly what aggravated it but it was all puffy. I'm definitely feeling better (meds) so I'm not sure what's going on.

DS #2 survived his allergy testing yesterday; he wasn't crazy about getting poked with all the needles but he made it through without too many scars, lol. We did find out he's allergic to some different things and they want him to start on shots.

I'll pop in later--have a great day everyone!!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #5  

So I am back to being very close to my goal. 163.4 or something like that. Since DH and I are going to TTC soon, I'm just going to maintain where I am. Oh and I didn't go to WW this week because I was sick. So I'm going to head there next Monday.

There has been a lull at work recently, but I know its going to pick up again soon and I'll be pulling my hair out again then

Melissa - Does your son have problems year round with allergies, or just during the spring? Mine used to be year round, but now its only during the spring. I only take allergy medication when I really need it ... like this morning. I couldn't stop sneezing! The pollen count is horrible here.

Lisa - Sounds like you are busy lately. I hope things calm down for you soon!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

Lori, sorry to hear about your stomach bug! Down here the pollen has been off the charts and everyone is struggling with allergies. I'm not even going outside except when I have to and feel crummy so my exercise routine has gone out the window. Plus, I'm so overextended in my life that I can't seem to get anything done. It's like there is so much to take care of that I can't make a decision or focus on anything. Probably because my head feels so fuzzy! Oh well. Before you know it, it will be 95 and disgustingly hot and humid but at least the pollen count will go down.

Those allergy tests can be miserable, but at least you know what to avoid once they're finished. I had them done as an adult, and it was really strange that you could tell as soon as they stuck you when it was something you were really allergic to - burned like crazy. My husband had to do the shots for a couple of years and it helped quite a bit. It's definitely worth it to feel better. Hope they help your son, Melissa!

Have a good rest of the week everyone! - Theresa
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #7  

Hey everyone. My test went OK. I had it because of really bad heartburn, to the point where I had trouble swallowing back in December until I got put on Prevacid. I do have some damage to my esophagus at the very bottom, but the doc said it isn't bad enough to change my medicine or anything.

So after the test I could FINALLY eat. I had some OJ and graham crackers at the doc's office. Got home and had some tortilla chips while waiting for DH to be ready to go out to eat. Well actually I looked over the Chinese menu, but nothing looked good. I should have known it then. Well anyway we decided to go out to eat (American food). Got to the restaurant... nothing looked good. Then I realized I wasn't really hungry. HUH?!?!?! Well I got a turkey club wrap. I ate half, then started feeling full. Got through most of the second half, but couldn't finish it. Barely ate any of the fries. Oh and because I asked for cheese on it and they didn't put it on, the manager offered us a free dessert, which DH ate because I was too full. I think this is just left over from the weekend and being sick, not being very full and not really wanting to eat. Its kind of weird though!

Theresa - The pollen is pretty bad here too. We had a couple of really warm weeks, in the 70's and 80's, but this week has been the 60's and kind of rainy. Its supposed to rain this weekend too. Boo!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #8  

Height: 6'0"

Lori, Glad your test went OK. My mother just had the diagnosis of GERD and has been put on Nexium. She had tears in her esophagus, too, and was quite concerned. The Nexium is working though. I wish my appetite would decrease. Unfortunately, I'm so overwhelmed at work that I find I'm eating all sorts of junk food.

Theresa, the pollen is really bad here, too. We have had no rain and the brush fires are blazing again.

Melissa, Sorry to hear about your ankles swelling. I wonder why that is? So, what is your son allergic to?

The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work. Tomorrow DH and I are playing in a golf tournament, so that should be fun. We won't win or anything, but the door prizes are fun. We are having a couple over for dinner tomorrow night and the husband is on WW online. I've planned a points-friendly meal for him (and for all of us). : )

Gosh, I've been so busy. This is the busy wedding time of year. I'm coordinating several at my church and I'm singing at some friends' weddings. I'm also rehearsing for a variety show at my former church; that will be in June.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote