Old 04-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default irritable, discontent, tired, rant

I have no patience and no energy. Every sound bothers me. My daughter talks non-stop, and I want to tell her to go away and be quiet.

She brought home a flier for a book-a-thon for a sick kid, and my feelings are that I help enough people already. I'm overbooked as it is- I give, I serve, and I don't have the energy for one more person needing from me right now.

I know that I over did the caffeine today, but it's more than that. My house is a wreck, and I can't begin to undo it. I'm overwhelmed by the thought of starting the job. I used my last clean spoon at dinner.

My husband left 3 phone messages for me today. My God-- how many does a person need to leave? He can't just tell me when he gets home?

I've been asked to give my testimony at my women's group at church, and I don't want to. I am willing, but not wanting.

My kid is in a school play tomorrow, and I can't find the charger for the video camera.

I bought a soda from a vending machine today, and at first sip realized that it wasn't diet! I'm still irritated that I didn't look closer when pushing the button, that I wasted $1.25, and that I got a taste of sugar.

My dinner wasn't satisfying.

My husband is going to ask me a bunch of questions when he gets home, and I really don't like feeling on the spot to answer them. It's all stuff that I care about too, but I have some kind of resistance to being asked a lot of questions all at once that I'm supposed to answer all right now this second.

I feel tired and run down. I feel used up. I feel like I need a lot of sleep. I took a nap today, but it wasn't enough.

Thankfully, I don't want to eat right now. I just want everyone to go away, stop asking me questions, and let me sleep.

My poor kid-- it's not her fault she got me as a mom.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

If I were you I would just go to bed and pull the covers up over my head.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

I can relate!! My husband calls all day for me to google a number or directions
for him so I leave the phone off to get peace and then I worry one of the kids will be in a terrible accident and I won't know. (Like the 911 calls)
My whole family thinks I am the "go to" person. I should magically know where all there stuff is. If I go to bed early no one else can lock up or put the food in the fridge. My 18 year old will wake me up to ask why I went to bed so early. I want a hideaway apartment to run away to. My current hideaway is the neighborhood bookstore. No one bothers me there and if they do I act mean and they quit talking.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 AM   #5  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

when i feel like that i usually make myself feel better with a quick cry... it sounds crazy but it helps me get rid of all the "screw everything and everyone" feelings. I also call a friend that just listens... no questions or comments just listens and by the end i'm usually laughing about how long i've gone one or how silly i must sound by b*tching about how it looks like a freakin hurricane went through the house and no one seems to notice the mess but me so obviously that means that no one else can clean it up b/c they don't see it... or how i dont even have the right ingredients to make dinner that i've been craving all day and i'm too lazy to get my butt to the store to get it!! I hope you feel better soon!!! Wishing you a much much better day tomorrow!!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Marni, times like those just stink.
Can I ever relate to this ... Work is stressin' me out of my mind.

But the most encouraging part is that you don't feel the desire to eat. That gives me hope.

~lexis
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 355/326/219

Height: 5'10"

marny,

as always you are an inspiration! you did what we all should do at a time like that...seek a non-food outlet to vent. You came to us, we listened without judging, we understood, we've been there! Kudos to you for being able to pinpoint all the reasons for your frustration...for being able to grasp what was eating you instead of you eating it!

here's to a better day, a blessed time during your prayer/devotions, a breath of fresh air from your HP. happy friday marny!

junebug69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Fortunately, as you know, this too will pass. You are always such a positive person in this forum. But we ALL have really crappy days where we are out of sync with EVERYTHING! Be gentle with yourself.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #9  

I'm always a day late it seems. I hope you had a restful night.
I have a friend that lives in the country and she tells me I can come out and just scream anytime I want too. I haven't taken her up on it but it sounds good to me right now for some reason.

A f2f meeting might help some of this.

hugs to you and many prayers
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for your support.

Today is a better day. My husband found the cam corder charger. I washed the dishes and picked up some around here.

Tomorrow might even be better.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote