Old 04-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Default UGG Caffiene withdrawl & spreading out my points..

I am having a difficult time getting all of my points eaten in an even spread. Day one I had 14 points left over for dinner! No soda or carbonated drinks all day... and no coffee as I like the powdered creamer that is 3 POINTS! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I am getting all of my water in though which is a good thing.

Day two... Monday, 1st day of the work week. No breakfast. (bad me - I hate Mondays). When I got home from work I had 20 points!!!! Yikes - so much for all of my planning. I did bring enough points to eat, but didn't have time to eat anything but the FlatOut Wrap (yum), some cherry tomatoes, lettuce and my mini bag of Sun Chips. Again, no caffeine (no soda and no coffee). Did manage to drink 48 oz. of water from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. though...

........and I have a headache from 8^%*!!!! Needless to say, I had a large cup of coffee (1/2 decaf) with my 3 Point Creamer along with a couple of Tylenol. So after dinner, I have 8 points left.

I tell myself there is no earthly reason why I can't spread out my points better. I have a mini fridge in my office and a microwave. I just need to plan better.

The headache thing.. I think I am going to have to ween myself from the caffeine. I dislike diet Mt. Dew, but I think I need to at least have one a day and slowly work my way down. To suddenly stop drinking Mt. Dew isn't working.. lol

Did anyone else have a difficult time spreading out their points? I am not a breakfast eater which will have to change. Any suggestions?
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey View Post
I am having a difficult time getting all of my points eaten in an even spread. Day one I had 14 points left over for dinner! No soda or carbonated drinks all day... and no coffee as I like the powdered creamer that is 3 POINTS! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I am getting all of my water in though which is a good thing.

Day two... Monday, 1st day of the work week. No breakfast. (bad me - I hate Mondays). When I got home from work I had 20 points!!!! Yikes - so much for all of my planning. I did bring enough points to eat, but didn't have time to eat anything but the FlatOut Wrap (yum), some cherry tomatoes, lettuce and my mini bag of Sun Chips. Again, no caffeine (no soda and no coffee). Did manage to drink 48 oz. of water from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. though...

........and I have a headache from 8^%*!!!! Needless to say, I had a large cup of coffee (1/2 decaf) with my 3 Point Creamer along with a couple of Tylenol. So after dinner, I have 8 points left.

I tell myself there is no earthly reason why I can't spread out my points better. I have a mini fridge in my office and a microwave. I just need to plan better.

The headache thing.. I think I am going to have to ween myself from the caffeine. I dislike diet Mt. Dew, but I think I need to at least have one a day and slowly work my way down. To suddenly stop drinking Mt. Dew isn't working.. lol

Did anyone else have a difficult time spreading out their points? I am not a breakfast eater which will have to change. Any suggestions?

I can't help with the points thing, but Diet Sundrop tastes SOOOOOOO much better!!!

And you definately need to change the breakfast thing!! If you just spend a week eating within 30 minutes of waking, it will become habit. AND it increases your metabolism if you do it within that time frame!
readytobethinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I agree that adding in breakfast would be very helpful for you - can you stock up on something easy to grab, or make some muffins that you can grab on the run, or something? Even making a yogurt smoothie would be good, get some fruit in the morning.

I usually end up with top-heavy days (though I'm getting better at spreading them out). I'll have half my points left over for dinner. I think that's okay... I never found anything wrong with doing it that way, especially since I usually want to eat more at night anyway.

As for the caffeine, weaning yourself is good! Caffeine headaches can be TOUGH. Maybe try drinking half caff coffee for a while. If you're having trouble getting all your points in each day, what's wrong with using 3 points worth of creamer? If you have the points, you can use them in any way you like!

Good luck!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #4  

readytobethinagain.... lol thanks! I don't remember seeing that brand of diet soda around here, but then I hadn't been looking for it either. 30 minutes from waking.. hmmmmmm - does that mean I have to be aware too? LOL - I am not a morning person, and that is my problem. I get hungry though around 10:00 every morning.. so a late breakfast is in order. I really like that FiberOne cereal mixed in with the WW yogurt (vanilla) so I will just have to remember to bring that with me.

Suite you are 100% correct about that creamer! There really isn't anything wrong with my having that in my coffee if I have the points. I guess part of me is still thinking "diet" = "deprivation" and I should be thinking "lifestyle change".

I did much better today. I did have a cup of coffee with creamer in it for 2 pts but no breakfast again, but I stopped at the store on my way home from work and picked up some bananas and cantaloupe to go along with my FiberOne & 2 pt. yogurt.

That Progresso soup is really good.. and I ate the whole can (2 Pts) for lunch - didn't bother with any crackers and I was satisfied.

So... 4 points all day and had 24 points left over. 10 point dinner and now have 14 points left for the day... I have no idea how I am going to eat all of this food...tomorrow will be a better day..
Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #5  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

suitejudy is right---there's nothing wrong with having more points at dinner. In fact, I usually plan it that way. I will strategically plan my morning and afternoon meals (and snacks) so that I have half or more of my points left over...that way I can eat dinner with my husband and not feel too concerned about what to cook or eat. But, don't get me wrong---I DO eat during the day, and frequently. I eat breakfast, lunch, and a snack at work, then dinner and a small snack (usually just a mug of chocolate milk) before bed...hi-fiber foods are your friends! When I end up with a lot of points at the end of the day, I just think of it as a "splurge without splurging!" It gives me freedom to eat something I might not ordinarily be able to, or to add an extra treat to fill out the points. For example, I have a glass of chocolate milk almost every night before bed...on nights when I unexpectedly have several extra points, I love to make myself a slice of cinnamon-toast to go with my milk. It's those little extras that keep me on the Flex plan!

But, a note on hi-fiber foods....if you don't already eat a lot of fiber, add it slowly instead of all at once. If you go too crazy with the fiber, your body might end up with some digestive "issues" (to put it delicately!). I learned this the hard way. So add it slowly, and within a couple of weeks you should be able to eat your daily recommendation of hi-fiber/low-points foods with no problems.
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #6  

Yeppers on that fiber! Speaking from experience here! LOL.... there are 14 grams of fiber in a half cup of FiberOne cereal. I ate 2 of those, one in the morning with my yogurt and then had one mid afternoon for a snack right out of the bag... good stuff. However...... with all the roughage I have been eating and all the additional water my body isn't used to having... errrrrrrummmmmmmm..

Anyway.. I was able to spread out my points much better today and actually had good hungry pangs today! YAY! I don't remember the last time I had good hunger pangs... I have been really hungry bordering on getting sick and then not hungry at all and eating anyway. I actually enjoyed those little pangs! Strange I know..
Old 04-24-2008, 10:02 PM   #7  

OK.. today was a better day! I took everyone's advice regarding the caffeine and am slowly weaning myself! What was I thinking trying to stop all at once? I realized that I drank 3 huge bottles of Dew a day! Bad ME. LOL I did buy some diet Mt. Dew (small cans) and I work my coffee with my 2 point creamer (I got the low fat one) into my daily points and I am doing great!

You guys ROCK!