20-Somethings - Any Suggestions?

View Full Version : Any Suggestions?

caseygail21
04-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I need a new swimsuit! I've been looking online and they are all soo expensive, any suggestions?

SoulBliss
04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Someone started a thread on this recently and I think Target had the best prices/size selection.

RememberHowToSmile
04-21-2008, 10:05 PM
I was very unhappy with the selection Target because they seemed to only have bikini's which I can't wear.

I got mine at fashion bug last year (I think I got it at a buy one get one for a dollar sale and that way you actually get it for half off) or a 40% off sale, they have sales all the time. I haven't bought one this year. I've heard JC Penny has pretty good prices but haven't looked.

utgirl09
04-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Believe it or not, I got my bathing suit from Sears. It is not a place I think of when I think of bathing suits, but they have a good selection. I am a college student, so I do not like to pay much for anything. They have pretty good prices and I believe on got it on a good sale. Also the Newport News clearance has a pretty good selection at some good prices.

MadameZombie
04-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Burlington Coat factory and target but target caters to skinny teens who love bikinis. Although they are cute I simply can't wear one yet.

ACivE
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Newport News online has tons in their clearance area normally... and you can sometimes find coupon codes to use additionally.

Before I went to the south pacific I purchased like 3 new suits because my old ones didn't fit at all but I didn't want to spend alot because I still have so much to drop.

KatieLeighVOLS
04-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I love the ones at Target...I actually got mine at Old Navy this year.

mayness
04-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Oooh, thanks for asking about this, I could use a new swimsuit. My one-piece is too big, and my bikinis are, well, bikinis. :lol: I really want a "tankini" for this year, since one-pieces are always too long.

And as much as I drool over every Victoria's Secret swim catalog that comes in, I don't plan on spending $100 on a swimsuit any time soon, I don't care HOW cute it is! :p

SunshineRunner
04-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Well...I wear a bikini and look pretty hot in it at my weight. I think sometimes we just have to get over the scariness of showing some flesh once we have started losing weight. I get lots of compliments and believe me...it was scary the first time I laid down next to a guy at the beach that I was on a date with...crazy ....I know...but that was only a few weeks ago...I lived and moved on....and I swear, you can look great in a bikini....right now I have 2 from target and 1 from Victorias Secret that I bought cause it was only $5.

Here is a set from VS - a tankini...which is what I wore when I was larger.....
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/Sale/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=8V-218046&size=L&rfnbr=3690

Here is a one piece from Target that is available in the stores and got 2 reviews - both 5star - http://www.target.com/Merona-Halter-1-pc-Swimsuit-White/dp/B001556UGW/qid=1208957902/ref=br_1_5/601-6513799-5355353?ie=UTF8&node=13706071&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

And for the sake that Old Navy by far always has great prices...here is a great one there....I know some styles may only be available online...but if you are comfortable with any of these brands...you should check them out....
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=5405&pid=527188&scid=527188062

caseygail21
04-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I am wearing a bikini now as well. I bought one at the end of last summer, and felt suprisingly comfortable in it. It's amazing what my weight loss has done for my self esteem. I am back at the weight I was when I started college, and there is no way I would've wore a bikini then.

Anyway, the suit I have is white, and we are going to the lake for my grad. I don't really want to wear it in the lake, because I don't want it to look dingie(SP?). We are going to JC Penny tonight, hopefully I will find one there. If not, I'm going to look at Target on Saturday. I looked at their online stores and they had some really cute ones, I was just afraid to order it without trying it on, bc I only have a week left for the trip. Thanks for the advice girls.

Mayness: I love VS suits as well!! I just cannot break down and shell out that kind of money for two tiny little peices of material lol. I WILL however shell out the money for their bras, bc it is amazing what a good bra will do for your boobies hehe.

caseygail21
04-23-2008, 06:39 PM
P.S. This is the one I'm hoping the store has:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=50455&CatID=57437&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=139c729&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=50455|57437

fitnfunbabe22
04-23-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure if you would buy a bathing suit online- but I love Hapari Swimsuits over at hapari.com They have a great selection, great prices, and sooo cute!!!