Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/178/145

Height: 5'4

Default Physician's Weight Loss Center

Has anyone tried this or know of anyone who has done it? I went to a consultation and loved it there. I'm starting it May 9th and can't wait! Any advice? This is my first time dieting and it's a 60+ lb goal for me, so we'll see!
QueenBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #2  
Kansas girl. Go Jayhawks!

S/C/G: 252/245/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi there,

My mother went to PWLC in the mid-90s when we had an actual center in our hometown. She lost 140+ pounds in a little under a year, and that was truly an inspiration to us all! Unfortunately, we no longer have a center here, but PWLC does have an online VLCD program that is affordable and just as effective. I tried the online program in 2006 and lost an average of 3.5 pounds per week, a total of 40lbs. I compared the online program to the original program my mom did years prior, and the meal plans are almost identical. I'd recommend PWLC to anyone, but found to be truly successful, I need to be accountable to counselors rather than an online program.

Good luck to you!
Dezi
xxsintrikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 360/seetracker/160

Height: 5'8"

I tried this program for 6 months about 5 years ago. I lost 30 lbs. It isn't a bad program, but it can be expensive. It is basically calorie counting and eating a low fat/low cal diet with protein bar/shake supplementation. You can buy their food items too if you find it easier to use pre-packaged food. I stopped because to me, I could mimick their plan on my own without the cost (at that time it was about $200/month for the protein supplements and the program). I didn't feel I needed to go every week to check in. Of course, I let life stress get in the way and I didn't follow any program after I stopped (fell of the wagon).

If you find that being accountable to someone else helps you, then this program could be a good choice. I very much agree with supplementing your diet with low carb protein drinks/bars as a way of controlling hunger (as long as you watch your calories). I've had better success on my own recently by just counting calories, but I incorporate protein bars/shakes when needed as meal replacements or sometimes to assist with any hunger I may have between meals.

While I don't need accountablity regarding my food, I do need it to make me get up early and get moving! I may have to start putting that money each month into a personal trainer!
kmg73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #4  

queenb3, did you end up trying the diet? if so, how was it??

Today is my first day doing the diet, and so far--- so hard. The menu you are given is tough-- but I am trying my best to follow it without all the things listed-- I ate one 1/2 hard boiled egg, half a pear, and water for breakfast <-- not following the diet exactly because I should of gone grocery shopping yesterday but I was to lazy to do it.

I ate my supplement, chocolate drink and it was so horrible. I made it with ice and lots of water to drink it down--

2 1/2 hours later, I am starving, I eat chicken breast with 1/2 cup white rice and of course, I vomited everything in the bathroom a few mins ago.

so frustrating, but I spent all this money on this program that I will do it.

I had my first vitb12 shot and no one told me that my arm was gonna look so gross like a bruise!!!!!!
I am going to refuse those shots for the rest of the program.

I will go to the gym when my husband comes from work today.

I started school again, so that was a motivator to lose weight, and perhaps I will go on a cruise in feb or jan so I have to get lean so I can get pretty pics from the trip.
bumblebeeRN is offline   Reply With Quote