Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 06:56 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - March 4, 2002

Good morning all. The coffee is on, and I'm trying to shake the cobwebs away after the weekend.

Temps are balmy here this morning, and all of the snow has disappeared. We had heavy rain yesterday, following heavy rain on Thursday, so that's pretty much it for the white stuff. I don't doubt there will be more, but not much chance of it hanging around for long.

We lost two more tropical fish on the weekend - to some sort of disease that hit fast and took no prisoners. That leaves us with a grand total of one - an achilles tang that has miraculously made it through various diseases and of course the big crack of late January. This is a tough, tough hobby. Of course, it's much more than a hobby for the poor fishies...

My weight is still up (although by how much I'm not sure cause I don't have the nerve to get on the scales). This week will be better - no travel, and warmer weather so I can run outside.

How is everyone? Patch - are you starting another challenge? I see we have a newbie who's interested in joining us...

TTFN
Old 03-04-2002, 11:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

Seasaw: Our weather this morning was pretty bad. It took me 40 minutes to get the kids to school and myself to work, it normally only takes about 15 minutes. We had a pretty heavy band of snow sitting on the lakeshore which dumped us with snow and made visibility terrible. Anyway, now it's clear and the sun is peeking out every now and then. They're calling for some more snow later on. Sorry to hear you lost two more fish.

The weekend wasn't pretty pointwise for me; I can tell that TOM will be starting next week. I'm hoping I'm over the hump on the "nothing is satisfying me" loop.

Not much going on here...I'm looking forward to spring and warmer temps!
Old 03-04-2002, 05:14 PM   #3  

Hi everyone. Happy new week. It's cold here again - when is spring going to arrive? I'm going to start my tomato plants inside next weekend so I sure hope it's around the corner! Winter is killing me!

Seasaw - Sorry to hear about the fish. It must be devastating to lose the fish and I know that the other difficult part is the cost to replace them. Very expensive. And on the weight - you'll gain control again - as a matter of fact I don't think you have really lost control. It'll be ok.

Melissa - Sounds like we're both tired of winter. It will be over.....soon.

Not sure if Patch is going to start another 12 week challenge. Is she taking a week off or is she lurking out there? Patch? Are you out there?

Here's to a sunny, warm, active, low-point week. What a nice combination of reality and dreams!!!!!!! Cheers!

Kena
Old 03-05-2002, 08:19 AM   #4  

Morning all. It was a bright sunny day up until a few moments ago; now it's snowing. Welcome to March in the Maritimes...

Melissa - hope all of that messy weather has moved out. As for the food woes, at least you can attribute that unsatisfied feeling to something. For the entire month of February, I ate every high-calorie food imaginable, and I only had one TOM. I do hope the craziness is over. I had a good day yesterday, exercised and ate sensibly. That's all I'm looking for.

Kena - Yeah, the expense is there too, but we had these fish for a long, long time and I know it's hard to believe, but we really miss them! Two short months ago, we had a large, vibrant tank with nine fish, shrimp, hermit crabs, etc. Now we have a 10-gallon tank with one tang. I'm just thankful that the one I liked the most is still with us. At least for now.

Hey, Patch, gonna start a new challenge? I'm up for it.

lala: are you in or out of the country (your country, that is)

katie: How goes the hunt for work?

lm: Where are you????

If I've missed anyone, hi to you too and why not come back and tell us what you're up to?
Old 03-05-2002, 09:00 AM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I hope we will have another challenge. It really helps. The journal thread also looked like it died. Where is everyone? We need to do something to say motivated
Old 03-05-2002, 01:44 PM   #6  
si, si signora

hi everyone,

feeling a bit out of it, so sorry for the lack of enthusiasm.

I had a nice trip to DC, it was beautiful on Friday, so we wandered around, saw a great exhibit of emily carr, frieda kahlo and georgia o'keeffe. I love emily carr . About 16 years ago, I saw her paintings at the Vancouver art gallery and was wowed and amazed by her work and her depictions of nature and beauty in coastal British Columbia. I swore that I would eventually go there, funny how I ended up partnered with someone who had a family cabin in the Queen Charlottes eh?

Ate well, exercised and enjoyed DC. Glad to be home and back at work. I leave in two weeks for a good week of the southland.

I decided not to sign up for the second yoga series and I think I made a mistake. I feel not so centered and I didn't like the class at the gym, it wasn't very well instructed and full of 21 year old
size 2 coeds. I am looking at another studio near me that has morning ashanta classes that will fit my bill.

Other than that, we have lots of narcissus blooming and it was sleeting this am.

seesaw- sorry about your fish crisis, are you waiting to replace the big tank, or going to keep it small? Soon you 'll be out there running!

melissa- I had a nothing is satisfying me year last year. I think just keeping yourself hydrated and allowing yourself a few treats will help.

kena- I can't even begin to think of starting things from seed. I did just get the seed savers catalog full of fantastic heirloom varieties of tomatoes. I'll wait until the Master Gardener's sale to pick up some starts. Our last frost date is Apr. 15, when is yours?

myra- I don't know where everyone else is, but I'm trying to keep my journalling here.

to everyone else- what is up? Miss you guys.

lala
Old 03-05-2002, 03:44 PM   #7  
Lifetimer

Even if it is just you and me, I'll keep posting my journal too. It really helps me.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:27 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone! Happy "hump" day!

The weather here is balmy today--we're supposed to hit up in the 50's. There's still snow on the ground but I'm laying odds it'll be gone by tomorrow. The forecast is pretty much up and down. It's a killer on the allergies/sinuses. I'm still a little stuffy even though I'm taking the Augmentin. Oh well...it's typical Erie weather.

Today will be my official weigh in for March--here's hoping it's a good one!

Lala: I am SO looking forward to getting back to my yoga class next Monday. I really enjoyed it and it really helped with relaxing. Sounds like you had a nice trip to DC. I've always wanted to go there when the cherry blossoms were blooming.

Seasaw: I run in streaks with eating. Part of my problem was that I was bored. I try to avoid the kitchen when I'm like that.

Kena: Each day I see my daffodils and tulips coming up a little more and that's signalling to me that Spring isn't far off. I can't wait for the nicer weather!

Patch: Where are you? I hope all is well. I hope you're going to continue with another 12-week challenge; it's really helped me out.

Laurel: Haven't heard from you in a while either...hope everything is okay!
Old 03-06-2002, 09:46 AM   #9  

Happy Wednesday to everyone. Glad to see a few ore familiar faces!

lala - Last frost - well, the rule here is that anything that can be hurt by a light frost should not be planted until May long weekend (3rd week of may). You can start things like onions, chard, peas etc. a week or two earlier that if you dare. My tulips and other bulbs start to make their annual appearance sometime in mid to late April.

So, I'm not sure where Patch is but how would everyone feel if I started a new 12 week challenge? I know that I personally need it and it seems that eveyone else is anxious as well. Let me know your thoughts.

Kena
Old 03-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #10  
Lifetimer

Sounds great to me. I need it too.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:19 PM   #11  

Hi everyone! I am so happy...I went for my weigh in and was down 1.8#....taking me to 139!!! Woohoo! I haven't been here in 2 years...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-06-2002, 01:56 PM   #12  
si, si signora

whoo hooo. way to go melissa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its freezing here and snowing in spurts. Brr.

Today my plan is to stay within points, get to a yoga class somewhere, consume more vegetables and drink 64+ oz. of water.

I would also love to weigh in tomorrow am.

I'm not expecting a loss, but hoping that I'm at least the same.

lala
Old 03-06-2002, 02:31 PM   #13  
Lifetimer

Melissa,
That's great. You will be to your personal goal in no time. I'll post tonight about my WI.
Old 03-06-2002, 02:56 PM   #14  

Hello I'm still here -
Don't ever seem to make the time to post. I still think about you all.

DD golden & 5th birthday was on Tuesday. Had a swimming party for her & about 8-10 little preschool friends on Sunday. The kids had a great time & the parents though it was a great idea. Get the winter doldrums about now, so it was a nice way to make the winter a little shorter. Plus we had about 8 inches of snow last Friday & Saturday, so by Sunday, people were ready to get out of the house.

Seasaw - no, still not any luck on the job front. Thanks for asking.

Melissa - CONGRATS on hitting 139!!! I've always wanted to get below 140, but I've never been below 140.4. I think my body doesn't want me there. I will have to live vicariously thru you.

Hello to Patch, lala, kena, Myra & anyone else I missed.
Later,
Old 03-07-2002, 04:11 AM   #15  
Lifetimer

My WI was better than I expected. I'm down 1.8 lbs to 146. Only 11 more lbs. to goal! I can't believe it.
Closed Thread