Old 04-04-2008, 04:07 AM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm 27 years old, a single mom of 2 year old princess, working full time, going to school full time, and now I am full time weight loser(lol), too.

I have been overweight all my life as long as I can remember...and Yoyo and I have been best friend since my first try of weight loss back in 2003. When I was pregnant, I actually lost weight: Although I did gain some weight during the pregnancy, I still weighed less after having the baby than before I even got pregnant. Then after having my dd, I kept putting on weight..I started WW on Nov of 2006, lost 17 lbs in about 2 months. However, I was not able to stay on WW due to some financial issue and before I knew, I gained all and some more.

Working at graveyard shift in front of computer, taking care of my dd, and all the stuff was not that easy on my body and Curves caught my attention one day. I registered as I do not have time for regular gym; I stop by Curves on the way to pick up my dd from daycare. April 7 will be my first weigh-in since I started Curves and I am quite exicted..although I may have not lost lbs, I can already tell some of my clothes fit better, and my back doesn't hurt as much any more! I can feel that I'm stronger, which is great.

I also just received cardio dvds to do at home today, and will be start doing them tomorrow. As I do not have family members to watch my daughter in Michigan or friends to work out together, home dvd was the best option for me.

I have never liked exercising, but Curves changed it for me; I am quite excited about the new dvd I'm going to start. I really have set my mind on losing weight for good this time and will not stop till I can achieve the goal.

3FC will be my bf for me throughout this journey and hopefully I will be able to also help others...and my pictures will be in the Success Stories one day!

Tara
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #2  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

WELCOME!!!!!

That's great you found Curves, I tried it out, and while I found it wasn't for me, it seems to be a great place for many to exercise. AND you'll meet people there that you could become friends with and workout with. Maybe take turns watching eachother's kids while going on walks etc.

It's only 4/4 - you should join the april challenge!

Good luck and keep posting!
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #3  

Welcome to 3FC Tara!! Way to go deciding to change your lifestyle. You're doing your health a MAJOR favor by tackling your weight now -- just look at the success you've already had, your back doesn't hurt so bad! That's phenomenal! It really doesn't take much, huh?

Congrats also on making the decision to join Curves. I've never been but I hear it's really great. Also just so you know if you ever decide you want to return to Weight Watchers, you can look for the materials either on eBay or go into a meeting center and buy them, then just follow the program with your scale at home - a bunch of people down in the WW area here are doing it that way due to tight finances.

Good luck on your journey!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! Congrats on your success so far.

Videos are great when it's hard to leave the house... no travel time or paying for babysitters/day care, you're right next to your shower when you're done, and you can get a lot of variety! Check out the Fitness Video section of this site, I've gotten some new ideas there. Maybe a few too many new ideas... I don't have the money to buy ALL the videos I want, lol.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #5  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Welcome, Tara! Keep up the great work!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #6  
I will do this.

Welcome!

Wow! It looks like you have a lot on your plate! I really look up to you for going to school, working and being a mom. Wow. You are a hero.

Anyway, I hope you find 3fc to be as amazing as I do and know that we are all here to help in any way we can!

-Taylor
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #7  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

JulieRn, I have joined the April challenge and hopefully I will be able to go through it!
suitejudyblueeyes, Thank you for your warm welcome! It means a lot to know that I'm not the only one here.. =)
mayness, I'm also with you. I always check out different DVD's but they are not that cheap either...
just keep swimming, thank you for your welcome message.
Taylor86, How's Denver? I lived in COS for about a year and LOVED it!! I already found this 3FC to be amazing and thank you for letting me know that you are here for me..and I will also be here for you!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote