Old 04-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293.5/279.9/170

Default Question about Metabolic Research Center

A friend of mine did their plan and lost 80 lbs in 7 months so I am very interested-- my question is-- can you do this plan without taking supplements? I need to lose 100 lbs but I am currently breastfeeding my second child and I am sure that I will not be able to use any supplements. Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance!
readytobefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:58 AM   #2  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobefit View Post
A friend of mine did their plan and lost 80 lbs in 7 months so I am very interested-- my question is-- can you do this plan without taking supplements? I need to lose 100 lbs but I am currently breastfeeding my second child and I am sure that I will not be able to use any supplements. Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance!
By contract you have to consume protien drinks, and this program definatley works but the calorie restriction, fat restriction and carb restriction would not be healthy for a baby being breastfed. I am almost certain they would not let you sign up while breastfeeding. But when you are done breatsfeeding hop on board.
3monkeysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #3  

Thank you for your quick reply-- I am just so frustrated and as my name indicates-- I am ready to get this weight loss going! My breastfeeding son (I have 2 little ones) is six months and we are adding foods to his diet now but it will probably be months before I stop nursing completely. His older brother nursed until he was 16 months and I just cant wait that long! I was so excited about doing this and now I am depressed again...
Old 04-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #4  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobefit View Post
Thank you for your quick reply-- I am just so frustrated and as my name indicates-- I am ready to get this weight loss going! My breastfeeding son (I have 2 little ones) is six months and we are adding foods to his diet now but it will probably be months before I stop nursing completely. His older brother nursed until he was 16 months and I just cant wait that long! I was so excited about doing this and now I am depressed again...
There are other things you can do while your breastfeeding though. I may even be wrong, they may have a modified version for breatsfeeding mothers. I just don't know. You would just have to call them and ask if they have a modified version for you. You can always increase your activity, increase your water, get off sugar and caffeine, quit fast food and fried food, cut out snacks, these are all things you would have to do anyway if you were to do MRC. Shoot for well balanced meals. Protein/starch/veggie/fruit. Choose leaner meats such as turkey, chicken, lean beef, white fish (may want to limit fish while breastfeeding though not sure), choose whole grains such as whole grain wheat breads, brown rice, old fashioned oatmeal. Use olive oil to cook with when at all possible, season your food with low salt seasonings rather than butter, sour cream, dressings. Limit your sodium intake as much as possible and switch to sea salt. See, look at all you can do right now.
3monkeysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:54 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
There are other things you can do while your breastfeeding though. I may even be wrong, they may have a modified version for breatsfeeding mothers. I just don't know. You would just have to call them and ask if they have a modified version for you. You can always increase your activity, increase your water, get off sugar and caffeine, quit fast food and fried food, cut out snacks, these are all things you would have to do anyway if you were to do MRC. Shoot for well balanced meals. Protein/starch/veggie/fruit. Choose leaner meats such as turkey, chicken, lean beef, white fish (may want to limit fish while breastfeeding though not sure), choose whole grains such as whole grain wheat breads, brown rice, old fashioned oatmeal. Use olive oil to cook with when at all possible, season your food with low salt seasonings rather than butter, sour cream, dressings. Limit your sodium intake as much as possible and switch to sea salt. See, look at all you can do right now.
Thank you so much for the supportive post! I do have to remind myself not to give up altogether but I have been overweight for almost 10 yrs now and I am ready to make a change. I am also thinking of having another baby and I would really like to lose weight BEFORE getting pregnant this time.

Your advice is great and I will definitely keep it in mind. I have an additional constraint-- I am on a rotation diet and can only eat each type of meat (beef, chicken and pork) once every 4-5 days because my son is allergic to all meats! Crazy! The advantage is that I am eating alot more fruits and veggies now.

Thank you again... I am going to call tomorrow to be sure I can't do it but I will do SOMETHING regardless.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #6  

There is a program for breastfeeding moms! I am going for a consultation tomorrow!