Old 04-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #1  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

Talking 30-something chat April 2

Well it is April. I have been on the ball off the ball on the wagon, under the wagon and now I am back on something. Monday was not a good day. I caught a little 24 hour bug that had me running between the couch and the porcelain goddess and then tuesday was the first migraine of the year and hopefully the last. Today 15 full minutes on the elliptical machine (AKA The Spawn of Satan--SoS) and a few other things like crunches and stuff. Tomorrow I will be back on the SoS and I will do 30 minutes on it if it is the last thing I do!

Hope everyone has a great day. I am off to do laundry and attempt to be a good house-----girlfriend...whatever is PC nowadays.

for entertainment value here is my 6'4" man in a SmartCar:

HEHEHEHEHEEHE

Last edited by DaDuck; 04-02-2008 at 02:20 AM.
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning daduck...lol at the SoS comment. Glad to see you back and sorry you were under the weather. Cute pic of your man...doesn't looke like a comfy car for him LMAO

hey to everyone else..nothing really exciting going on. I'm ok...due to the back injury..i haven't gone to the gym much...i haven't lost wt this week...but since i haven't worked out...i guess that's good...but i need to get cracking...

off to work...bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Duck, I'm loving the picture of your guy in that car. Did he feel like a sardine?

GG, you've been on a good roll for a while now, maybe its good that you gave your body a break. If you didn't gain, then its a good week for not working out.

I did not work out yesterday, too much going on, hubby upstairs sleeping and I can't go run outside with the little one in the house soooooo. On a positive note though I did stick to my eating plan easily. Today I gotta take my SUV in again, ever since my 100k check my dash lights keep coming on, they jacked something up so I have to drop it off after I drop off Sis, then I have shopping, p/u Sis and rush home in time for the delivery of my recumbent bike. Yea!!!!!!
I hope to get some kind of workout in before I have to go to church tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Hey all..

Super busy...totally did not get on here yesterday!! I promise to go back and read through the posts today. I have been having a lot of shoulder/neck pain, and when I am on here it flares up. i have a chiro/massage appt. scheduled for two weeks ( just had one last week) and may try to move it up & get this under control. It flares up every year or so...no biggie, just aggravating. Anywho...

Nicci. cute pic. I too hate the elliptical...it sucks. Good for you for getting on it , though!!

Patricia, hope your back is feeling better. Fantastic that you have not gained...eating must be good!!

Trish...Hope they get to the bottom of your car issues. We had to get rid of my Taurus last year (I loved that car!!). Only had 65,000 miles, 6 years old...they couldn't find out the problem. It just kept dying. 4,000, a new tranny, a new intake manifold (which blew up downtown!!), and severaly othere things & we decided to ditch it. Oh, well.

Alright, off & running. Preschool, band, groceries...will def check bakc!!

Have a super day!!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #5  

good morning..been super busy as usual

dd: hope youre feeling better today!...cute pic of your man

gg: i hope your back is feeling better...have a great day at work..you've been doing great at lossing weight..if none comes off this week im sure youll have a loss next week..keep up the great work

trish: hope everythign works out with your car...ugghhh cars and keeping them up..sometimes a pain in the rear...especially when its someone elses fault!...yeah on the bike...im jealous..i want one...have a great day

pam: im sorry you're having pain..i hope they can get you in sooner if that is what you are wanting!..take care of yourself

well, i did the spray tan, but what i actually did was the airbrush where the person puts it on and not a machine...i think i like it...the only thing for me is that it was sticky for hours and i couldnt wash dishes or do anything involving water, so if i want to keep it up what happens in the summer..you cant sweat for 8-10 hours and it gets hot!..so not sure...but i do like it so far...now i want to see how long it lasts...the lady told me that if i come regularly...every other week or more often, she will only charge me $20 per visit, which is great from the $45 i paid...so i dont know...anyways...i gotta run...dominic is getting tested for tb today...lovely, his gf has it soooooo, mostly likely im thinking he does too...teenagers...how do you tell them to keep their tongue out of others mouths ; }...if you figure it out please let me know!...have a great one!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just checking in quick on lunch. Not much new here. I'm not weighing in until I'm sure I am down, because I am thrilled to be at a nice even number.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDuck View Post
Well it is April. I have been on the ball off the ball on the wagon, under the wagon and now I am back on something. Monday was not a good day. I caught a little 24 hour bug that had me running between the couch and the porcelain goddess and then tuesday was the first migraine of the year and hopefully the last. Today 15 full minutes on the elliptical machine (AKA The Spawn of Satan--SoS) and a few other things like crunches and stuff. Tomorrow I will be back on the SoS and I will do 30 minutes on it if it is the last thing I do!

Hope everyone has a great day. I am off to do laundry and attempt to be a good house-----girlfriend...whatever is PC nowadays.

for entertainment value here is my 6'4" man in a SmartCar:
I think those cars are so funny looking, kinda neat though. He does NOT look comfy!! I hope you are feeling better, it totally suck being sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
morning daduck...lol at the SoS comment. Glad to see you back and sorry you were under the weather. Cute pic of your man...doesn't looke like a comfy car for him LMAO

hey to everyone else..nothing really exciting going on. I'm ok...due to the back injury..i haven't gone to the gym much...i haven't lost wt this week...but since i haven't worked out...i guess that's good...but i need to get cracking...

off to work...bye all
What happened to your back? I hope it feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
Duck, I'm loving the picture of your guy in that car. Did he feel like a sardine?

GG, you've been on a good roll for a while now, maybe its good that you gave your body a break. If you didn't gain, then its a good week for not working out.

I did not work out yesterday, too much going on, hubby upstairs sleeping and I can't go run outside with the little one in the house soooooo. On a positive note though I did stick to my eating plan easily. Today I gotta take my SUV in again, ever since my 100k check my dash lights keep coming on, they jacked something up so I have to drop it off after I drop off Sis, then I have shopping, p/u Sis and rush home in time for the delivery of my recumbent bike. Yea!!!!!!
I hope to get some kind of workout in before I have to go to church tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day, Trish
That is awesome that you got a recumbent! I hope your suv bill isn't too much, way to go for sticking to plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmasci View Post
Hey all..

Super busy...totally did not get on here yesterday!! I promise to go back and read through the posts today. I have been having a lot of shoulder/neck pain, and when I am on here it flares up. i have a chiro/massage appt. scheduled for two weeks ( just had one last week) and may try to move it up & get this under control. It flares up every year or so...no biggie, just aggravating. Anywho...

Nicci. cute pic. I too hate the elliptical...it sucks. Good for you for getting on it , though!!

Patricia, hope your back is feeling better. Fantastic that you have not gained...eating must be good!!

Trish...Hope they get to the bottom of your car issues. We had to get rid of my Taurus last year (I loved that car!!). Only had 65,000 miles, 6 years old...they couldn't find out the problem. It just kept dying. 4,000, a new tranny, a new intake manifold (which blew up downtown!!), and severaly othere things & we decided to ditch it. Oh, well.

Alright, off & running. Preschool, band, groceries...will def check bakc!!

Have a super day!!
P
Hope your shoulder/neck pain feels better. Am I the only one the likes the eliptical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina S View Post

well, i did the spray tan, but what i actually did was the airbrush where the person puts it on and not a machine...i think i like it...the only thing for me is that it was sticky for hours and i couldnt wash dishes or do anything involving water, so if i want to keep it up what happens in the summer..you cant sweat for 8-10 hours and it gets hot!..so not sure...but i do like it so far...now i want to see how long it lasts...the lady told me that if i come regularly...every other week or more often, she will only charge me $20 per visit, which is great from the $45 i paid...so i dont know...anyways...i gotta run...dominic is getting tested for tb today...lovely, his gf has it soooooo, mostly likely im thinking he does too...teenagers...how do you tell them to keep their tongue out of others mouths ; }...if you figure it out please let me know!...have a great one!
Sounds like that could be the perfect reward system for you. Hey....and what's bad about getting out of doing dishes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Hi All,

Just checking in quick on lunch. Not much new here. I'm not weighing in until I'm sure I am down, because I am thrilled to be at a nice even number.

Well, I went to the gym today but I was kinda dragging my butt. I had a good workout, but I really had to push myself to go.

My kids are at school today so I have a nice quiet house, which I am LOVING. They only go Mon, and Wed and every other friday...so I just love these days. My dh just messaged me to tell me he is coming home to enjoy the quiet with me...you know what that means. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon I suppose.

Anyway, I hope you all are having a good day. It will be nice when I get to know everyone a little more.

Last edited by momof4girls; 04-02-2008 at 02:18 PM.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello!

Dadaduck what a cute car! I think I would be afraid of getting in it, I like big cars, I feel a lot safer in them, but it is adorable!!!
sorry you had a bad bug, it sure is going around seems like adults are getting worst than the little ones.

GG did you find a chiropractor? take it easy, your back needs some rest!

Christina TB glad the tan went well.

Pam Tauruses are notorious for needing trannies. DH drove one and absolutely loved it, but the tranny went bad too. As a matter of fact, I drove one too before I got my SUV, we kept the thing parked for a while, it was a good thing, cause when DH took my SUV to get some work done and I drove his car, I totaled it, not good, so he kind of swapted things between the one parked and the totaled one it all worked out great until the tranny went bye bye.

Eearh girl it is great you have the support of your parents, that is great for you and also for the kids. How long were you married for? were you married?

Trish have a good day today! did you make your appointment w/the Dr.?

I had a great evening yesterday, DH bought Chinese food for Sean and I don't eat it so I made a great huge salad and had left over matzo ball soup, oh my!! it was just perfect for me. Earlier today DH and I ran some errands, we spent some time together, had a very nice time, now he is off to work and I am going out for lunch w/a good friend, and she got a call from another gal we had not gone out to lunch before with, she is joining us, I am looking forward to it, and to the rest of my day, wow it makes a huge difference when Sean is stable, thank G-d he is, I am a so jazzed I am
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2be View Post

I had a great evening yesterday, DH bought Chinese food for Sean and I don't eat it so I made a great huge salad and had left over matzo ball soup, oh my!! it was just perfect for me. Earlier today DH and I ran some errands, we spent some time together, had a very nice time, now he is off to work and I am going out for lunch w/a good friend, and she got a call from another gal we had not gone out to lunch before with, she is joining us, I am looking forward to it, and to the rest of my day, wow it makes a huge difference when Sean is stable, thank G-d he is, I am a so jazzed I am
Way to go on preparing your own meal and not eating chinese. I'm not sure I could have done that....I LOVE the stuff. That is nice that you were able to spend some time with your dh and some of your friends too. And YAY for stability!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon Chickies,

Hanna, sounds like a nice afternoon. You do seem to be having much better days! I am glad things are going well for you! How is the new dude and how are all the pups getting along?

momof4, do you mean you little ones only go to school those days? Hope you and DH enjoyed your afternoon alone.

Trish, excited for you and the bike coming today. Can't wait to hear how you like it!

Pam, hope you feel better soon! I agree w/Hanna about the Taurus, seems to be very common. They are so comfortable..

Christina, you'll be happy to know that's the only place it goes with kids these days. $20 doesn't seem too bad.

Duck, a funny post, actually some of the cars that seem very small can be decievng. My element looks small but people are amazed at the room inside.

Not alot going on here today. Had a Dr's appt. this am at the Derm. I had to find a new one since I moved and I have to have bloodwork done every 6 months for the meds I'm on. Not a biggie or anything. I went to try some clothes on at JCPenny afterwards. REALITY CHECK! UGH, very depressing. I really need to get myself together.

Gonna go for now, DS is doing his homework and he is very NEEDY.

Talk later! Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #11  

hanna, glad to hear that Sean is doing so much better these days!! Hope you and DH had a wonderful AM together.

And momof4...woo-hoo!! Hope you had an excellent afternoon with DH!! I tell my DH I wish he worked close to home so he could "come home for lunch" lol!!

HOpe everyone else is haveing a good day. Gotta go put groceries away. Having an early dinner then off to the courthouse to apply for passports...YAY!!

P
Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #12  

Hey Alicia..posting at the same time. Glad the appt went okay. Frankie is doing PSSA tests this week so NO HOMEWORK...I'M LOVING IT!!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois lane View Post
Afternoon Chickies,

momof4, do you mean you little ones only go to school those days? Hope you and DH enjoyed your afternoon alone.
Just my twins, the older two go full days all days. In Junior Kindergarten they go all day, but only 2 sometimes 3 days a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmasci View Post

And momof4...woo-hoo!! Hope you had an excellent afternoon with DH!! I tell my DH I wish he worked close to home so he could "come home for lunch" lol!!

HOpe everyone else is haveing a good day. Gotta go put groceries away. Having an early dinner then off to the courthouse to apply for passports...YAY!!

P
It was nice to finally have the house with just him and I. We don't get that all that often. I got a second workout in to boot.

Good luck with the passports, hopefully the line wont be too long, or move too slow.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Trish - car problems here too - had to bring my car in this a.m. as it keeps dying while idling. Hopefully, it won't be too expensive and you will get it figured out. I don't like being without a vehicle!
Christina - that is a long time to wait to sweat! With the humidity here, I wouldn't do very well.
DaDuck - hope that you are back to feeling 100% soon.
Hanna - sounds like fun going out with the girls for lunch...
Alicia - have you heard anything new on the interviews you had?
Hi Lauren, Patricia, Pam and Mom!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Oh man... I'd just typed a long post, replying to everyone individually and accidentally exited, instead of minimizing my post... ERRRR. Can't blame it on the kids this time LOL.

I got DD's hair this afternoon. It was halway down her back and I decided to put it in a ponytail and cut it off. She was all for it so away I snipped... Turned out way uneven so I had to keep going shorter and shorter and shorter... It actually looks really cute *but* she takes one look at it, starts crying and says, "will my daddy still love me?" I ended up having to go into Great Clips for them to even it up for me. So, I ended up not only paying for a haircut but also felt so bad that I took her to the toy store for her to pick out something. It looks so adorable to cute to me though! She asked me if it would all grow back tomorrow...

Hope that everyone is having a great afternoon (especially those having some afternoon delight;-). Hugs ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote