Old 03-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #1  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Low Carb Podcasting?

Hello ladies--I've got a question for you. I'm a weekly listener of the "Livin' La Vida Low Carb Show" with Jimmy Moore, and I just discovered a couple podcasts ("Living the Low Carb Life" with Diana Schluth and "Atkins All The Way") that have been out of commission for over a year. While listening to "Living the Low Carb Life", I was thinking how nice it would be to have a LC Podcast from a woman's perspective.

I love Jimmy Moore, and he has fantastic interviews and information, but I'd like to see some female podcasters representing.

Sooo...I'm considering starting my own LC Podcast (more than considering...I've got a Blogger site to host it, have an audio recording program, set up an account with Feedburner, an account with OurMedia to upload my show and have a name picked out ). I have a friend who already hosts his own podcast, and I'm going to ask him for some podcasting pointers.

I'm wondering if any of you ladies already listen to podcasts (or LC podcasts) and if that's something you would do. I'm sure that I'd be referencing 3FC from time to time and some topics mentioned on the forum during the shows. If you do listen to podcasts, what do you like to hear on them (and conversely, what don't you like to hear)? How long do you prefer your podcasts--10-15 minute snippets or longer?

Any suggestions/feedback will be good. If I decide I really want to take the plunge, I'll be trying to record my first show soon, update weekly, and get myself out on iTunes.

Thanks!

--Azure
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Yes, I would definitely listen. I think a woman's perspective on the low-carb lifestyle is necessary. As for how long, I would say something around 15-20 minutes.

I just found Jimmy Moore's podcasts. So, I am listening to podcasts now.

This will be so fantastic. Good luck!

Last edited by sylvia78; 03-31-2008 at 03:25 PM.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

I'd certainly tune in also! Let me think about your specific questions and I'll get back to you but GO FOR IT! I tell you, it's podcasts that get me through my workouts...don't know what I ever did without them.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:04 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OK what is a pod cast??
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #5  
Low Carb Lolita

Podcasts are topic-specific internet "radio" shows. They really became known with iTunes, as they are free and you can search for podcasts by interest. You like baseball? Search "baseball" in the podcast section of the iTunes store, and you get a listing of all their baseball-themed (or titled) podcasts, including reviews and popularity ratings There are places like podcast alley that allow you to download them even if you don't have and iPod or Apple iTunes. I like to listen to podcasts while I'm at the gym, while I'm cooking, while I'm walking to class... I listen to a few of them weekly.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

oh I should check it out!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I've never listed to a pod cast. I actually have a different brand mp3 player. as long as it is in mp3 format I could still listen? Actually, I have a blackberry. Could I listen on my blackberry?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #8  
Low Carb Lolita

I believe that when I get finished, you'd be able to download it directly from my blog as an Mp3, then use whatever music player you have to put it onto your Mp3 player. I'm not sure if you can listen on your blackberry--I've never owned or tinkered with one A lot of Podcasts have episodes available for download as an Mp3 (or for direct play) on their website, either by hitting a "download" button or by right-clicking the link and selecting "save as", to save it to your PC.

One of my favorites is: www.thefitcast.com (a health/fitness podcast) I loved the earlier episodes the best and episode 13 is with Cassandra Forsythe! She's the one who's working on Ketogenic diet research with Jeff Volek of UConn--and she talks about ketogenic diets on episode 13. The results of some of her research is pretty amazing! Here's a direct link to the episode: http://thefitcast.com/?p=45
Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Geez Azure - I don't even own a ipod (mp3?) I'm gonna get one...but I do listen to podcasts over the net as I do alot of internet browsing. I would definately tune in to yours. I'd probably listen for about 10 minutes or so. Only cuz time is an issue for me. Hope this helps. Good luck!
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #10  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Wonderful idea, I have been looking for a good low carb podcast. I'd say 30 min. is a good lengeth for me. Good luck to you! Keep us posted!
happyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:09 AM   #11  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

What a fantastic idea! Good for you! I'd definitely download and listen!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote