Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #1  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

Unhappy i need help

i have been off of my routine for the last week and a half. i have been eating everything in site. just like my old self. i have been having some health stuff with my heart, and the stress is doing me in. since easter, i have only had like 3 protein shakes and my hair knows it cause it is falling out. i have had a stress test and they put me on nitro pills to take daily but that gives me a migraine ( had them severe since i was 9) and so i dont want to take them. i am just in turmoil and cant get the will to get myself back on track. i will get all of my results from my scans on friday. i also need to make an appointment with my dr cause i only have 4 ccs in my 14 cc band and i feel like nothing is different. my mind is sick along with my body i think. i need some encouragement that i can get back on track. thanks girls, you really help me everyday to read your comments and thoughts on wls.
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:36 AM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Oh honey!

I have been saying this often but it has a very real truth...you have an obligation to take good care of the one person that will be there for you through it all, knows exactly what you need all the time...you.

Now, we get stressed, we eat. It's an old coping skill that I total get. Be kind to yourself about going back to an old way of handling a very real stress (I have to remember that too) and then try to find ways to relax your fears about your health that don't involve food....actually believe me, I am listening to my own advice...I need to do it too.

Hot bath,
...lotioning yourself,
......cup of tea,
.........tall, blonde, muscular, Nortic type

I am sure you can be far more creative then I am but non-food stress relief...that is what we are trying to learn.

Get back on the track, my friend...the bumpy, jagged sides of the road always seemed like it would be easier but it isn't...it really is easier to stay on the path the Dr. gave us in the long run. Once you get back to what needs to be done, it will get easier.

Just know that you have us here! and once again...

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 03-31-2008 at 01:19 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Misty take a deep breath .. remember I told you that the band does not work properly unless you have the right level of restriction... don't panic!! this will take a few visits before you are at your "sweet spot" Also..as you know the band does not work on the brain, that being said, please don't be so hard on yourself. A life time of eating wrong is not going to change over night...its a learning curve thats gonna take a while to change. So please... be gentle with yourself..you really deserve the best.

Remember... "Courage doesn't always roar....sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

We can try again tomorrow, thats the beauty of it. Take care of one thing at a time and that being your heart and your test results. Then... when your ready, take care of the band. I'm not saying don't try to eat healthy, what I'm saying is one thing at a time.... for we do have tomorrow

Love Yah !!
Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

oh honey. you're right to send out an SOS!!!! at this moment, it sounds like taking a good look at why you're eating might be in order. if we don't change the WHY we eat, it's hard to change the HOW -

why so much stress eating?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Perk up MM!

I'm sorry that things have been so rough. As for the grazing......been there done that. Try to substitute something else for the food....activity. And of course with heart acting up that might be a little hard. I'm starting a meditation tape to quiet myself down and keep my head on right. I've got everything crossed that your testing will come back good. If you feel like you have to eat "stuff", try to make it good nutritionally. I wonder where you have been. Don't poop out on us. We will be here for you.

When I was in nursing school, I put nitro on a person and went about my business, I kept getting the most severe headache and thought I was going to puke. What I didn't know was, that I had gotten the nitro on my fingers, grabbed my stethoscope and gotten the nitro paste on my steth. So everytime I would use it, the nitro would go right back on my hands and straight to my head. Big lesson learned!

Last edited by nanj; 04-01-2008 at 12:30 PM.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #6  
my girls

thanks girls. today is a new day. i have eaten my tuna and i will walk tonight. my problems/stresses arnt over yet but i am gonna beat them. i didnt come all this way to try to beat myself. thanks for the wonderful words of wisdom. love ya'll
Old 04-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/149/127ish

Height: 5'4"

"a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Confucius
raiatheplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymed View Post
thanks girls. today is a new day. i have eaten my tuna and i will walk tonight. my problems/stresses arnt over yet but i am gonna beat them. i didnt come all this way to try to beat myself. thanks for the wonderful words of wisdom. love ya'll
It sounds like you're having a hard time. I don't know your total backround. I'm sorry to hear of all the stress. Our lives will never be free of stress. In fact a certain amount of stress is good for us. At times, it is worse than others. I hope things calm down a little bit. Take each day with stride. I don't know if you're a Bible reading, but I am and I find many scriptures to be calming.
This is an excerpt from Matthew 6:25-34 that I really enjoy:
25 “On this account I say to YOU: Stop being anxious about YOUR souls as to what YOU will eat or what YOU will drink, or about YOUR bodies as to what YOU will wear. Does not the soul mean more than food and the body than clothing? 26 Observe intently the birds of heaven, because they do not sow seed or reap or gather into storehouses; still YOUR heavenly Father feeds them. Are YOU not worth more than they are? 27 Who of YOU by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span? 28 Also, on the matter of clothing, why are YOU anxious? Take a lesson from the lilies of the field, how they are growing; they do not toil, nor do they spin; 29 but I say to YOU that not even Sol′o·mon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these. 30 If, now, God thus clothes the vegetation of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much rather clothe YOU, YOU with little faith? 31 So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to put on?’ 32 For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. For YOUR heavenly Father knows YOU need all these things.

33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness.

It helps me to remember that each has its problems. And God will take care of us.

I don't know if this helps, but I hope it does.
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You go girl !!! I know your a fighter
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #10  
my girls

thank you princess for your beautiful words. i ate my tuna, now i am going to walk for the rest of my lunch hour.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Anytime. I'm glad they helped! Keep it up, I know you can!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #12  
my girls

i got my results today. the cardio dr said that the main muscle that pumps my heart is a little thick but that is from years of high blood pressure. everything else is really good. my good and bad cholesterol is good and my blood work was good. he thinks that my electrical impulses might be off. he changed my blood pressure med and put me on some fluid pills twice a day. i go back in a month to see if this resolves my chest pain. thanks for all the help girls.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for letting us know how things went for you. I've been thinking about you a lot and praying things would go well. Now since that is kind of behind you, get on with it girl. I know it is hard to break years of bad habits, but your health can't wait and neither can your family and friends who depend on you. Plan your meals, walk, drink and get healthy and thinner.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #14  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Oh Misty,

Good to hear that your health is something managable! I understand the High BP thing affecting the heart's ablity to beat properly because of my father...BUT...He is doing fabulously with a low BP after he changed his diet and lost weight.

Now you have a chance to better the situation! Keep up the good effort, we are here for you!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #15  
my girls

thanks girls, i really appreciate your kind words. i walked 2 miles this am, could have done more but it was kinda rainy