Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up "Oldie" Returning....

I need a !
I've posted here numerous times... I posted quite a bit back in October/November (last year) when I had managed to lose 13 pounds. As soon as I fell off the wagon, I stopped posting here... as usual.

To recap, as I'm sure no one remembers me at all.. I'm Erika! I'm 28 years old, I have a wonderful husband, and a fantastic daughter (24 months old, Alexis).

I'm re-starting at 197.8 pounds. The same weight I always seem to "re-start" at. I got down to 183 and change last time I lost weight. That's when I fell. Ugh! I have done this before, and know how to do it. Back in 2003 I lost 90+ pounds (from 215 to 124 pounds), and then regained some of it after I met my husband (and went through a stressful immigration), then I got pregnant, etc.

I've attempted to lose my weight 100 times since I had my daughter.. but I HAVE TO DO THIS! I'm turning 29 years old in August! (yikes!) and I want to start off my 30's next year with a BANG! Husband and I are taking a cruise next year, too, and I want to be healthy.. and I want to LOOK good. I HAVE to wear shorts and a bathing suit in Bermuda, you know?

I GOTTA do it this time.. I have to. Like I said, I know what to do.. and how to do it. I just have to keep up with the motivation this time.

I actually started last week (at 197.8) and will weigh in tomorrow and see how I did. I'm very motivated, with a nice cruise in my head.. I'm way overly excited about the trip. BIG TIME! Now I just need to do this and stick with it- for the last time.

Hope I'm welcome, looking forward to being back!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #2  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Wecome back!!! I am usually in and out of here (mostly lurking) and I decided I want to post more to help support others and myself.

We have basically the exact same diet goals. I weighed in yesterday at 195 and I'd like to weigh about 125 too. I just haven't updated my ticker thing yet. And I don't have a child as an excuse! Just nursing school that never seems to end!!!

What are your plans for weight loss? I find I do soooooo much better when I post what I eat on TDP, and have a workout goal too. I am running the couch to 5k (again - because it works!) a bit slower this time because my thighs are quite weak. I am going to run every other day, but run each day two times before moving on to the next one. The only reason I am going through it so slow is so I can lift weights and not die while running :P
I also received the Nike + for Christmas and I love it! It's worth the price of the shoes and the thing that goes in the shoe...

I say we try to stick with it this time and by Christmas this year we could be sooooo close to our goal! If not there already!
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for responding! We def. do have similar weight goals. I won't hit goal by Christmas, though. A problem I sometimes I have is losing it TOO fast, and that's when I tend to fall off the wagon.. I notice I do better when I push and pull at a slower pace. I'd like to be 140 pounds by my cruise, and that's not even 1 pound a week (it's like .70).. so I'm cool with that. If I do more, I'm GREAT with that too! LOL! But, I don't want to kill myself to reach it quick.

Weight loss plan will be the same as I did it the first time I actually lost the weight (90 pounds) and that was mainly watching portion sizes, less fast food (my main issue), increased fruits, veggies, whole grains, water, and upped exercise. Nothing formal. That's how I did it the first time! I don't do well with 'depriving' myself of ANY food in particular.. so I'll have it, just smaller portions.. and not often.

Good luck to you, too!!!!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #4  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

wb, gl
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome back Erika! Good luck with your goals!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #6  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

back!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back . . .
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #8  
Co-Mod