100 lb. Club - Hello!

View Full Version : Hello!

Sorcha33
03-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Well, after writing quite a personal post just a moment ago, I realized now might be a good time to introduce myself! :) My name is Callie, and I just found 3FC a few days ago when searching online for discussion groups for people looking to lose weight while eating a mainly whole foods diet. My first discovery was the whole foods forum here, where I've been doing most of my posting, but I also fit the 100lb club.

I've been following a whole foods/Pollan-esque/Superfoods way of eating for the last 5 weeks. To date, I've lost 18 pounds, with another 85 or so to go. After my mom passed away, my weight became more a problem of health rather than vanity. I just wanted to feel better, because I felt miserable. So much of WHY I felt miserable was completely beyond my control, but not my weight - that was 100% down to me. So, without trying to sound too simplistic (because it really was anything but, especially at first!), I made some changes.

I can't know for certain that I'll always feel like this, but I sure hope so. For the first time in my life, I feel sure of the path I'm on, and certain about the choices I'm making each day when it comes to my body. I feel good - for a while, I didn't think I'd ever feel good again. My mom is a continued source of inspiration to me, and it's like I can hear her voice each day, gently cheering me on.

I think support is really important, both for staying on track as well as getting back on track when things get dodgy! ;) I'm enjoying discovering more of the forums here, and hope to get to know you all better over the next while.

Lovely
03-28-2008, 12:41 AM
:) Hi Callie. The 100lb club area is such an active, caring group of people. I've found that there's always love, support and guidance to be had around here. I hope you find the same. Please keep posting! :D

LaurieDawn
03-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Welcome, Callie! Sounds like you've found a very healthy and sustainable weight loss (and maintanance) plan! We look forward to celebrating your progress with you. I know 3FC has helped me so much to stay on plan!

math puppy
03-28-2008, 06:11 AM
glad to have you here! support IS very important and the people here are great. keep us updated on your journy so we can cheer you on ;)

GirlyGirlSebas
03-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Welcome Callie! A great support system is crucial to winning this weight loss battle and you've found a great one here. Congratulations on losing 18 pounds so far. We're looking forward to watching you reach your goals.

scoobie74
03-28-2008, 08:43 AM
It is great having you here! This is a great place to come for support!

fiberlover
03-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi Callie! I love the 100+ board. I was a lurker for a while before I jumped in, but the more you talk - the more it becomes like a huge family!

I love the SuperFoods Rx books, and do try to incorporate a lot of those into my daily foods.

findingfawn
03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the board... the people here are wonderful!!!

BattleAx
03-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi Sorcha, and welcome!

I eat mostly whole foods and I love the way I eat. I feel great, too.

barbygirl43
03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
:welcome2: Callie!!! You've come to a great place for support!!!

Sorcha33
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :)

Healthy Mama
03-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi and Welcome Callie!
Looking forward to getting to know you!
Robyne

Institches21
03-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Everybody
Just found this link, found 3fatchicks a couple of weeks ago, and it really is a great site. I'm new to all this posting. Look forward to chatting with you.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/slider-but3/lb/298/160/241/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

WinterStarzz
03-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the boards!