Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 03-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Default Something to get you in the mood for April 1st!

I read this fw email type thing posted in a motocross forum. It gave ideas of little tricks to pull. I did one of them with superb results.

I took DH cell and changed his banner greeting. Most phones offer the option to change the little words at the top of the main screen. We always have ours set to say our son's racing nick name.

Well, I changed DH's banner greeting to "No Service"!!

He actually called the cell company!!! I am LOL as I type this. It worked like a charm. The poor girl on the phone was baffled why her customer (my DH!) who had such a reading on the phone but was able to make calls.

Certainly a great harmless prank to pull. I only wish DH would call the company to fill the girl in!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I am laughing my head off! I'm gonna do that to my co-worker, who lives through her cell phone.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #3  
What a pretty FACE...

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 6'3''

Love it!
MommyonaMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Too funny! Maybe I will try it...I am no good at April fools jokes.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

I had an acquantice who told me she was having fake divorce papers delivered to her spouse at work. I told her it was a horrible idea but she did it anyway. Her spouse was humilated,embarressed and angry and two months later moved out. hmmmm. maybe they weren't fake!
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiesue View Post
I had an acquantice who told me she was having fake divorce papers delivered to her spouse at work.
I love a good joke as much as the next person, but my gosh! That's taking it WAY too far! No wonder he moved out. I'd be ticked too!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:31 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Ok...

One year I copied the IRS logo from their website, put it in Word and typed up a letter to my parents that they were selected for an audit and they were to appear at the IRS office (gave the address) on such and such date and time and to bring the last 3 years bank statements, etc. etc. etc.

My mom was concerned about having to dig up 3 years worth of paperwork. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Pixi, I love a trick as much as the next person, but that divorce thing was going too far! Maybe it was more of a test run, than a joke!

LOL at the IRS joke. A few years ago, someone who worked in the business office game me some letter head that was outdated with the store's name, just to use as scrap paper. Well, I used it to type a letter to show my friend saying that she had been going to the store returning stolen items using my name.

She was so confused and swearing to me she would never do that. I kept saying, "Just tell me the truth, and I will understand." Finally, I could not hold back the laughter!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #9  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I was filled in on this joke yesterday:

It was originally planned that everybody in our office would call in sick (this is a trust/pension office.. people HAVE to be there to run smoothly). Then of course show up - the regional manager (our supervisor) is there at 6am, we don't start coming in until 7. Can you imaging having 30 messages saying "*cough cough*, too sick to come in" - lol)

Unfortunately only one person did - I would have deffinately done it if they told me (I was brand spanking new at that time but still). Ahh well, there's always next year LOL.

Last edited by tamaralynn; 04-18-2008 at 08:45 AM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote