Old 03-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #1  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Question no bread on Core plan

so i'm thinking about switching from Flex to Core because i've been in a slump lately and need a break from counting points. but i was looking at the food list and we can't eat bread??? ugh. i don't eat a LOT of bread, but i was still kind of surprised. i don't want to have to use my weekly points just to eat a sandwich!

speaking of weekly points, how do you all use your weekly points on core? do you incorporate them into your meals through the week or save them for treats?

and it says pasta, rice and potatoes are limited to one meal a day. dumb question - that means one of each per day right? and how much is a serving?

i keep editing this cuz i keep thinking up more questions. can we eat lean sliced turkey from the deli? it says no processed meats such as deli products, whatever that means.

Last edited by Princess0113; 03-25-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Leah, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that there is indeed no bread on the Core plan. You would have to use your 35 points to purchase bread if you wish to have a sandwich. Similarly, no deli meat is Core. Only ham and turkey actually sliced from a whole unprocessed roast would be considered Core. So you would have to use points to have a sandwich. Most of us on Core have a tendency to avoid the sandwich. At an average of only 5 points a day, the WPA's go fast. I don't use mine every day but rather when I really need them.

More bad news for you. If you eat ANY one of the three during the day you may not have another serving. So if you have pasta for lunch you may not have more pasta for dinner nor may you have any potatoes or rice. If you wanted to do that, then you'd have to pay points for the second serving.

I hope this helps although I suspect that it won't make you happy. Sorryo!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Size 26/22/8

What I do:
I use my APs for my daily "essentials": bread, oatmeal toppings (raisins, nuts, real maple syrup), real cheese, and save my WAP for dinner out. Sometimes I don't make it that far and dig into my WAP early, but oh well, that's what it's made for. If you have to have it for junk, that's fine, but for me, I've found that it's just better to not be in the habit. Whatever keeps you on plan.
cheetara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #4  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

i'm thinking i'm not gonna be strict enough for Core right now. i want to try it eventually, maybe if i hit a plateau. cuz i will have to totally change my entire eating plan, and i don't have the energy for that right now! lol
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/157/120

Height: 5'3"

I need to get back into the swing of things, but when I was really into being Core, I really didn't miss bread as much as I thought I would. I'm a total sweets junkie and I was even able to turn my nose up at cupcakes. Unfortunately, I spent one weekend (birthday) off the Core wagon and I've been suffering ever since. I did not feel deprived on Core, but my self-control is terrible. I guess the loss of 2 pant sizes wasn't motivating enough at that point in my life. Maybe now I'm ready!!
Prillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #6  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I've been going pretty strong on the Core plan for a month now, and I love bread. Before starting ww, if there were rolls, I had to have one or more. I am not so big into sweets, but I love salty snacks. I know what you mean, I don't miss the bread as much as I thought I would. I still have a 100 calorie pack once in a while, for my salty snack, but I'm trying to not get in the habit of eating those too often either. I have found so many yummy core recipes, that I am not having a hard time with it at all. I love the onion rings, and I make baked french fries too. But actually, I haven't had any kind of potato in about 4 days, so I'm doing good that way too. I know potatos are core(once a day, anyway), but if I can eat more vegetables and less potatos, I think it's probably better. I also love sweet potatos and I didn't see a limit on those per day, although I would never eat more than one a day anyway.

Tracie
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote