Old 03-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #1  

Default How did you choose?

So I went to my first meeting today and got weighed in...ugh!!

I had it set in my mind that I was going to do core. Mainly because I feel I need something kind of strict to start with. But the leader strongly suggested starting with flex.

How did you decide and what worked for you in the beginning?

Thanks
ILuvMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/165/140

Height: 5'7

I am doing the flex program. I think it is alot easier to start off with. I like the idea of 35 flex points per week in case i have a bad day. I try to stay within my points per day but we all know how bad late night cravings are :X I hope you like WW just as much as I do
BrittanyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I chose Flex because I didn't want to be told what I could & could not eat.

The thing that I don't think I'm ready to handle on Core is the satiation point. That's a difficult thing for me to think about. So I rely on portion sizes through the points to help me get in the amount of food I need.

I think that if you'd really like to try Core that you do it. No sense in getting frustrated if you don't try the plan that you like.

Flex is usually a good way to ease people into the program & into looking at portion sizes.

But, it's only a week that you have to try it out. So, whichever one you choose, you can always switch next week to try the other!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I just thought of something! There are some people who enjoy counting points and are following the Flex Program, but they've decided to focus their food intake using most of the foods off of the Core list. That may be something you'd like to try. You still have the structure of the points, but the strict list of on plan foods to use.

But, I think your leader may not want you to get burnt out on strictness too early on!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

i do flex always have! i am scared of core! LOL! one of the main things with core is to stop when you are full...well if i could do that i wouldnt be over weight! so its flex for me!! no points no food! LOL! good luck!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #6  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I'm with BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly. If I could just stop when I'm full, then I wouldn't be overweight! By having points, I have it on paper how much I really AM eating. And the great thing about flex, in my opinion, is that it's alot more realistic for me being on the go all of the time. It allows room for say, having to stop for fast food. It's not off limits...I just have to count it. It's just more practical for me.

Good luck on making your decision!
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Pretty much as these women said I need the structure & accountability of the points, without being told I couldn't eat certain foods. Of course I've just started, so we'll see how it goes.
gemini1567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #8  

thanks for the advice! I went for the flex, and it is better than I thought. To be honest I did not really understand the difference, but after reading online and asking some questions I definately agree that flex is the way to go!
ILuvMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote