Old 03-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

Default having a hard time getting back on program.

Did well the first month, then went on vacation for a week. although i did not do too bad. i did eat alot of stuff not on program. Anyways, have been back 3 weeks, got sick for over 1week and now am trying again. I really dread going to the center again. There are only 3 girls that i see in the mornings and i really only like seeing 1 but rarely get to see her now. the others are always trying to get me to buy products or trying something new, or go on Lites, which i don't. They want me to do take off again(need to buy juice) But i really hated doing it, 2 days with no dairy fruit and CARBS. I know i will be getting a phone call this week as to why i haven't been in. But instead i am here. I think i can get back on program on my own, but feel like a failure as i am close to giving up.
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

Oh, I feel for you! I was always dreading going to my COD. Like I said here many times before: great program, horrible marketing techniques!

How many weeks did you pre-pay? Is there another COD you could go to?

When I used to go I always felt I was up for a fight with their sale-pushing girls whenever I had poor results. Not really paying much attention to how/why I struggle but ALWAYS a product ready to "fix it." Yes, I am positive vitamins supplement will help you, argh!

Have you STARTED being back on track yet? Are you on plan today so far?

Last edited by apple76; 03-17-2008 at 11:30 AM.
apple76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

OMG! Are we the same person? You are freaking me out.

I also did fantastic the 1st month, did okay on my Florida vacation, got sick for a week, and have been struggling ever since. I'll be on for a few days, then off a day. The longest I've went being POP since early Feb was 3 days. I'm with ya girl.

Also fought the dreading to WI at the center thing. Still am. I’ve been back a few times b/c I forced myself, but I haven’t hit my 3 times a week deal since early February.

Also thought about just quitting and trying to do it on my own. But that is how I have always given up in the past. And that is how I have always gained all the weight I have lost back +20 pounds each time.

Let me scare you a little, I weighed about what you do the first time I started dieting. I went through the same struggle of giving up each time. And each time I convinced myself I could do it on my own.

I STARTED LAWL WEIGHING 374 POUNDS. Keep that in mind.

It was horribly uncomfortable going in and confronting my lack of committment & gain this time (not too bad…….2.8 pounds). YOU HAVE TO DO IT.

Go in, suck it up. Weigh in and it will be over with. Don’t try and convince yourself you can do this on your own. You can’t. You need that accountability.

I also only have a couple of counselors that I like to see. I actually got to see one of them last week and it has made a huge impact on my attitude and I feel stronger than I have in a really long time.

Maybe you can let them know you are really struggling and ask to wait until your fave counselor is free? I haven’t done that before, but it sounds like a really good idea.

Not trying to be hard on you......maybe I'm just talking to myself. I really relate to what you are going through. Don't give up.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM   #4  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Get yourself back up into that saddle and into the COD. Just do it, you owe it to yourself. Yes it'll sucks to give up the carbs and the dairy for 2 days, but sometimes you just need a juicing to get your body back onto the weight loss track. You can request to see a specific counselor, I used to do it all the time. Or rather I would request not to see a specific one. Guess what? You're the customer, you have the PRIVELGE OF SAYING NO to a product push.

I'm still struggling and I've been at my goal size for 11 months, if it was easy, I would've never needed to lose weight in the first place. Think of the long term and why you signed up in the first place.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Motivation waxes and wanes, and vacations and being sick do throw me off every time I have one.... So you need to not let any judgements that they are going to throw at you at the COD throw you off from your resolve to make a difference in your life and go back in. I know it is uncomfortable and that you don't want to do it and that they are going to make you feel bad for what you did, but you know what... if you go back, it is just a one time deal and then it is back to dealing with here and now, and mostly the counselors understand that and will help you get back on track. That is what you pay them for... of course they get tired of hearing us all come up with a ton of excuses as to why we are not able to do it... Ask to see the counselor that you like... even if you have to wait to see them, isn't it better....

Anyway, you paid them to help you, don't give up just because you fear what someone you paid to tell you things is going to tell you. Heck... if you want to put it off for two days and do a TO yourself with oranges so that the weight is not so bad when you go in. that is OK too, just do what you need to do to get yourself back on track. Buy yourself 8 oranges and have 1 orange and half a bar 4 times a day and then have 6 ounces of protein and some veggies for dinner... sure it is a lean day or two... but it might just get you focused back on what you need to do... You don't have to buy the juice.
Just Write TO on your day.... at least that is what I used to do....
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #6  

so i dragged myself in, and i was down 4 pds!!! Considering i had not been in for 1 month, i was pleased. I am thinking of doing the TO starting tomorrow, but when i looked at the TO in my plan book, it is different from when i intially did the TO with the unlimited protein. SO, the 6oz protein for the day just doesn't seem to cut it for me. I am not a huge Veggie eater, so that will be difficult to stay full. Plus i see whole eggs are not on this version. Does anyone know if i can use the original TO instead of the one in the books?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Congratulations on the 4 lbs lost!!! I use the original TO when I do the juice. I can not do the limited version at all. I like the unlimited version because I don't always feel hungry and I lose weight with it. I'd try it the way you like to do it. If it works for you then you know it's fine to stick with that one. If it doesn't work, then next time try the limited.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

You can definitely do the FF, and people who are not doing the bars do the FF instead of a TO, since you do not use the bars on a FF. I've done both, and in fact sometimes I'll do just a 1 day of TO. but I"m on maintenance and so not having to write down what I eat (it is optional!)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #9  

dumb question, what is FF and how do you use it?
Old 03-23-2008, 08:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Fast Forward is the 2 day unlimited protein and raw green vegetable plus juice diet we all started the LAWL program with. They hit you with that and then when you are weak from hunger and silly from a lack of starches they sell you the bars!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote