Old 03-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default I am soooo lost!

I just don't know what to do! I have fallen off the wagon with my weight loss goals/efforts. I am so ashamed and embarrased. I had such high hopes for myself. I was goig to WW and having great results and now I have gained it all back plus some. What is wrong with me? Why can't I do this? Why do I always give up? Why does food rule my life? I know that I am very impatient and want immediate results, but I was doing so well. Just when I start to succeed I fail. I just do not get it?
I guess I am going to go back to WW Tuesday night and start over, but how disappointing.............
Chamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

We've all been there. You just pick yourself up and start over. Do you write everything down? Start a journal, not just for food, but for how you feel about eating and such. This is a great tool to help keep you focused, and to stop self sabotaging yourself.
To succeed, you must realize that the changes you are going to be doing are those you will follow for life - so they must be changes you can see yourself doing for years to come.
Start tonight, plan out what you are going to eat tomorrow, and what exercise you are going to do. Tell yourself that not doing it is not an option.
Good luck, and we are always here for you!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #3  
On the Trail

S/C/G: 270/230/220

Height: 5'11"

Don't think of it as failure. You did not fail. Trial and error is how you learn what works for you. Get back up. Dust yourself off. Look at what led you off track with your diet, and change that aspect. Join a gym. Play some sports. Get up and active. There is something that works for you, and most people "fail" a few times before they find it.
AutumnHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #4  

Me too!! I had a great first week at WW two weeks ago -- lost over 7 pounds my first week and..... spent the second week (this past week) on plan one day!! The rest were out of control (not quite as bad as previous). I did awesome when I wrote it all down but kind of put eating on the backburner and got involved in things again. Can't explain why I made such a mess of this week, but I'm going back Wednesday -- whether I want to or not and getting my butt back on track. I may never figure out exactly why I overeat and that's okay, I just want to figure out how I can stop it!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

The first thing I would say to you is to stop thinking negative. Don't let yourself believe that you can't do it YOU CAN! You proved it by doing it once. Don't give in to negative thinking! There is nothing wrong with you, we are all just like you. Just start fresh. Everyday is a new chance to do it right. Forget about past mistakes, I say mistakes because I don't believe they are failures as long as you learn from them. We all will fall at some point or another. Pick yourself up and go again. Get back to ww if that will help you regain your motivation. You can do this!
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Everyone here has setbacks.
What did you learn?
Why did it happen?
What things were working for you and why and when did they stop working?
Learn from it and keep on going, and then you will not have failed. You don't fail when you fall off plan or gain some weight back, because if you haven't given up, it's not over yet. You only fail when you give up.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #7  
started 1/28/08

I've been there in a BIG way (pun intended ) . . . I got down to 229 pounds, and then gained it all back in a year.

It is incredibly frustrating, but just look forward instead of backward and start again.

I finally got back on track when I stopped thinking about my lost opportunity to be at goal now if I'd only kept going in the past, and started thinking about my real choice . . . which was to get back on track and get under 300 next month and then lower or stay off track and keep gaining to 320 and beyond.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

The key is to never give up. It took me about 15 years of "trying" before I finally got it. I have lost 35 pounds several times in my life and re-gained it all and then some. I don't know why. I always had good intentions. But the one certainty is, if you give up, you'll regret it later. So keep on trying. Figure out what works and what doesn't for YOU. But the thing is, you can never forget. EVen when we are at goal we have to remember not to go back to old habits. You CAN do this. Make a promise to yourself that this is going to be the time you see it through and get to your goal. When you stumble, get up and keep going. You'll get there. This board is a great resource for support. We are here for you!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I couldn't tell you how many times I've started and stopped, had great losses and regained plus some. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Like some of the PP have said, take what has happened and learn from your experience. Think back to things that contributed to you stopping your healthy habits. Find ways to work around them. You can do it!!!!!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I tend to think of bad weeks/gains like a car accident. You didn't mean for it to happen. Maybe you could have stopped it, maybe you couldn't have, but either way, it happened. It sucks, and now you have to deal with the consequences. But this doesn't mean that you're a failure at driving, and that you should never get behind the wheel again. Maybe it means you need to take a look at how you drive, or what you can do to make it safer or better, but you know very well that you're going to be driving again.

I'm sorry that you went through a bad period. That always sucks. But it happened, and now it's over. Get back behind the wheel.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

I have been in a battle with my weight for a least 20 years! I can't tell you how many times I lost weight and gained it back. I agree that the key is to NEVER NEVER give up. You are worth fighting for. You have to truley want to lose the weight more than you want the temporary satisfaction of the food. I know that is real easy to say, but it is so hard to do! Believe in yourself and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Do this for you and you alone. I know we all want instant results, but don't be in a hurry just make small changes everyday and enjoy the journey. If you make changes that you can't live with you won't do it for long. You can do this!!!!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote