General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #1  
A New Me!

S/C/G: 230/213/190

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Bad Day

Not a bad day for my diet.. infact really good day for that, but a bad day here at work. I am student teaching right now and there is one teacher in the department (who I am not even working under might I add) that feels it is his right to make me his little slave and do all of his crap work for him. Sometimes hes joking and others he is not, regardless its annoying and I hate it. He just came in with a stack of papers that needs to be graded and he said "grade that for me." I was like "Hmmm" and he was like "excuse me what did you say to me? Did you say No?" and was really serious in a talking down kind of manner. Lets not forget that I have tons of paperwork to do on top of planning my lessons and such. He always barges in my class and rummages around. So rude and I am tired of it. I want to graduate already. I wanted to punch him in the face, he treats me like crap. Sorry to whine on here but I knew I could come to you guys for a pick me up. Rough start to the day.
mkreutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

How rude that guy sounds!

At least it's not affecting your diet!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #3  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

If you're not working for him, stand up, look him directly in the eye and inform him that you are unable to do any more work for him. Period. Let him fumble and mumble all he wants. Remain calm and reserved and repeat to him ad nauseaum that you will no longer be able to do any work for him. Then stick to your word and ignore anything he might try to dump on you. He can't take advantage of you if you don't let him.

Good job on not letting this derail your eating plans!!!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #4  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Sorry - as a teacher, who's been where you are, I have to disagree. Yes, he's a jerk. Yes, he's using you. Yes, you deserve better. If it is really unbearable, speak to your mentor, but think carefully about this.

This IS a temporary situation, and he WILL have some influence on your practice teaching reports - feedback is usually sought form ALL department members. Do NOT alienate anyone. Just keep reminding yourself that he's a jackass and you won't be there forever; when you have your own classes, and your OWN student teacher helping YOU, you will remember him, and make that student teacher so much more comfortable.

This is your hardest learning experience - I promise you! - and there will be jerks in any school you work at. Learn from this, let him be a jerk, and move on You WILL survive, but not if you get a name as being difficult. Sorry.

Repeat after me - it is not forever! Good luck!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #5  
A New Me!

Oh I know. I understand its not forever and I do take the opportunity to learn from all people in my department. Im just venting, tired of him acting this way to me. Im not afraid to speak my mind except here where my future is on the line. On top of all of that my dad is a marketing teacher as well so all of the teachers I am working with know him and are good friends with him. double whammy. I know I have to ride it out I just really did not appreciate being talked down to like that. He's not my mentor teacher but he sure thinks he is. lol thanks ladys
Old 03-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #6  
~FaBulOuS~

S/C/G: 195/159/155

Height: 5'8

Ew he sounds like he is delegating responsibilities to you in an unfair way. You should definately tell the person that you ARE working for what he is doing and tell them that it is affecting your work that you are doing for them. I am sure at that point it will stop. He is just trying to get out of doing everything becuase he figures he has a free aid there to help him with his every desire. I hate people like that. I have a few here in the office myself. Like how I used to be the coordinator of the graphics department, and then the way the teams where split there was really no need for a coordinator seemings at that point everyone was the head of their own team. Well of a sudden they put this guy in (whos been here longer than me I admit) BUT ISNT a part of the graphics department at all, in charge of the over flow work. He sits there and delegates everything to everyone else and never and I mean never does anything graphics wise at all!!! It drives me crazY!!!! And for our meetings, i think its funny when he has absolutely no idea whats been through the graphics department or not becuase he does nothing! One day it does catch up to these people I am positive about that! Or at least I hope that our hard work pays off so that one day we wont have to worry about these lazy individuals ever again! Ok wow...sorry I rambled for a minute but it felt REALLY good! Keep up your head girly!
meldogml84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #7  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

If you can't speak freely to him and ignore whatever he is dumping on you, ask him why he is treating you this way. If he pulls this kind of crap on S.T.'s, others are aware of it and I don't belive they'll view you as being 'difficult' if you stand up to him. Temporary situation or not, you shouldn't put up w/bs from imbeciles like this.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #8  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I did my student teaching a few years back, but you are under NO obligation to do his work. You are supposed to be learning right now, and that is not part of it. I would tactfully speak to the teacher you are working under and ask them if there is something they know that you can do about this. Tell this this takes precious time away from what you are SUPPOSED to be doing. You are not a slave to this jacka$$ and he shouldnt expect you to do HIS work for him.

Good luck and Congrats on being this close to your graduation!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #9  
A New Me!

Yea. Its so hard in education-everyone is so buddy buddy and gossipy its discusting. I told him no. Alot of people joke about "oh your the student teacher" like its some sort of initiation, which it kinda is but not the kind that there should be hazing lol. GRR! I dont care if they joke around with me he just takes it to the next level where its not funny anymore. only a month and a half left and i can have my OWN classroom. I just really believe in treating people nicely and this is obviously not one of his principles.