Old 03-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #1  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

Default 30 Something Chat Monday 3/3/08

Well, I have had a devastating few days and have been hiding out. It seems that I was supposed to start my job two weeks ago. The letter, worded in obtuse Swedish, was misunderstood by myself, my boyfriend and a few swedish friends. Did they call me from work when I didn't show? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So now I am without income, struggling to keep my head above water, very angry and when I get angry I crawl into a hole. Luckily a friend of mine called and we are hitting the gym today to work out my anger.

I am still waiting to hear from this woman at work and hopefully there is still a job there for me. She really needed to word the letter better and actually put a start date in there. The incompetence level here in business is unbelievable.

It took me 3 years to find a job that a deaf and blind monkey could do and I would hate to think it is going to take me 3 more years to find another job.

okay, pity party over! Time to shower and go tot he gym. I have goals to meet!

/Nicci
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Nicci: Hang in there sweetpea! I completely understand that type of frustration except on my end the incompetence is found in my coworker that calls in sick 4+ times a month and our supervisor seems to always say: "Well, Mo. Life isn't perfect and things happen." BUT, I got yelled @ the other day because I wasn't spending enough of my day socializing w/people. No, I'm not kidding....not spending enough time chit-chatting vs. doing my job. Yeah, so just keep your fingers crossed that somehow someone got you out of that kind of mess with that snafoo. Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck finding another position there. Work and financial stressors are what get me everytime. Kudos to you for hitting the gym and not letting the situation trip you up. As for me, I let all that stress overwhelm me and I sat around mindless eating yesterday watching reruns of America's Next Top Model. What is WRONG with me? Yup....sure paid the price...weight was up almost a full pound today for my lazy efforts!

Wow....didn't mean to unload that all on Nicci! Anyone else awakeypoo yet this morning? Mondays....who's the jackwad that invented this day as the start of the work week? LOL

Joan: Yes, my love, it really is me! The same full of spit and fire shrimpo as before. Isn't it amazingly wonderful (NOT) that I didn't have to move my ticker after being gone....3 months? LOL Hey, I'm trying to look @ it positively. But as you'll remember...it's my butt. That thing seriously gets up in the middle of the night and raids the fridge while I sleep. Crazy big thang! Yup, I know it's true because my upper body actually looks semi-yummy. Then you hit just below the belly button and my body is a mess. Kind of looks like a science project. I hated science. LOL

Ok, running late for my oh so fabulous job (yeah, ok). Well ****, now that I know I have to spend equal parts b.s.ing rather than working my arse off to cover my job and the chicka that is gone all the dang time, maybe my job will be fun! Yeah, and then when the work isn't done I can have my supervisor forced to finally learn my job and do it herself! It just amazes me @ how this world works sometimes.

Remember that coworker that GG used to work with @ her other Vet place? The one that was just crazy and lazy? Yeah, well I think this is that chick's twin sister (my coworker). Grrrrr.......

Anyway, I'm going to vow to drink a boatload more water today since I've been seriously slacking in that area.

OH! Before I go! Christina already knows all about this from "over there," but I thought I'd give you guys an update. My thyroid TSH levels have been .85 and .86 the past two blood draws (for all you that are just meeting me for the first time, I'm a hypothyroid and that caused me to gain 55 pounds, lose a ton of hair and have numerous other fun issues). Anyway, so that is toward the low end of the accepted range which is fabulous! BUT, in November I sprained my ankle badly and couldn't really work out much. THEN, we had this nasty strain of bronchitus go around back in December and many people got that 2x. I wound up having a bad cough for 2.5 months...which resulted in me fracturing my ribs and then ripping the cartilage (sp?) in that same section! THEN......as if that weren't enough fun....I was diagnosed with asthma about a month ago and am now on an aggressive 2-inhaler regimen until we get it under control. LOL

Needless to say, working out has been difficult with all this fun. And...with all the medical bills....this is why I'm desperately searching for a 2nd job. Not to mention the fact that I still dream about getting my frontals enhanced...and since I just learned that they are going to freeze my salary this year. Yeah, so for the next 20 years I'll NEVER EVER get a pay increase aside from the infrequent cost of living one.

Hanners: What is this detox diet you were referring to? Now that I can actually lose weight w/my thyroid regulated, maybe I should try something like that.

I know....blah blah blah. Melinda shut your piehole time. I will try to be better @ stopping by ladies/gents (especially since there are so many new faces I'd love to get to know better) but don't know if I'll get back here today.

Hugs & Shuga Smacks, MO

P.S. Anyone heard from Pharmacy Kerri lately? Is her hubby back? Did they find a place to live? I hope she's ok.

Last edited by mjoste; 03-03-2008 at 06:27 AM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone:

Talk about a rough weekend. I ended up sick on friday with a fever 104.1 and just had a heck of a weekend. My DD had it too.

We didn't do anything and the weekend went to fast. Got to talk to DS and he is sad. The military school won't let him talk to his girlfriend which is fine with me to a point but she really must be getting him through this. I just told him he has his whole life to be tied down not at 17 years old.

DaDuck: I am so darn sorry to hear about your job you would have thought they would have called you or something. Duh hu! Hopefully things will turn around with the job for you.

MO: Girlfriend long time no talkie! I am sorry to hear about your pay freeze. Lawyers going to freeze their pay too? LOL I know how you feel with getting sick all of the time i have had phemonia alot over the past two years. As far as asmtha did you actually take the asmtha test? They always told us DD had it until we took the test well guess what she didn't at the time but now they think from years of being treated as though she did she does for sure now.

Your pic looks awesome!! Hey any hot dates lately?

A detox diet hu? I am going to have to ask Hannah about that one too. I hate diets. Girl ya look dang good.

Have a happy monday everyone

~sheila

sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday! Ended up sleeping part of the night with DS - so, we will be needed serious concealer for the eyes today! We have our first Mom's Club thing today - lunch at McD's. I need to get a work out in and laundry done before we go. That way I can maybe fit in to the jeans that are in the wash!

Nicci - sorry to hear about the job. Hopefully, it will get straightened out or you find something better.
Mo - don't you love getting yelled at work when others are slacking? I used to get in trouble for being sick. The gal who had to help out if I was gone complained - and she was sick more often than I was! I would have to go in to work and my boss would decide if I was sick enough to go back home...
Sheila - hope you guys are feeling better...doesn't sound like much fun for the weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies!!! I'm back!!

Weekend was soooo busy...party was AWESOME!!!!! Almost all of the girls came dressed as Hannah, the stage was so cool, we had excellent decorations, activities, also a spotlight and a disco ball. Wish I could share the video with y'all. I'm gonna post some pics in the pic thread, so check them out. Yesterday I cleaned up & we went to MIL's for a family party, so that was fun for Cadence. Today gonna enjoy the weather, clean up the yard a little, go for a walk and make her some cupcakes to take to school tomorrow for her ACTUAL birthday...I think Frankie's about sick of his sister & her birthday, lol. Poor kid.

Anywho, hope everyone had a super weekend. Gotta get checked up on the posts.

Nicci, so sorry about the job. I hope you can get it worked out, and not have to start the search all ovber again...that would suck.

Mo and Sheila, hey girls! HOpe you have a great day!

I'll try to check in later. Got lots of new toys so lots of playing to do today!!

Later!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #6  

Hey Dawn, we were posting at the same time...good luck with the jeans, sweeetie!!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

p-so glad the party went well. You DD is one lucky girl.

nicci-sorry to hear about the job. I can't imagine how frustrating that is. Good job for going to the gym.

It is just another day at work for me. We do have an intake on another student. The only thing that made us cringe when we read his report was that he frequently gets lice. YUCK!!!! I can handle nasty behaviors but lice I can not.

Have a great one!!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Mo, so glad to see you back gurl!! Sorry to hear about your health issues, ya know if its not one thing its another.

DD, sorry you were sick all weekend, that has to suck.

DaD, sorry about the job situation! I can understand how frusterating that can be. I was out of work for almost 7 months and that was hard enough.

Well ladies, Saturday was a big day at Elder-Beermans and I ended up being there 11 hours. I slept almost as soon as I got home. Yesterday, my parents and I went down to Findlay to see Gma (her bdays today). When we got home I went to bed and slept for 4 hours. Then went to bed at 11. I am still really tired.

Oh Mo, is there a Parisian or Elder-Beerman store around you? I am a manager there now. (entry level, but working my way up).

Later all, have to get ready for work.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

DaDuck, I'm sorry to hear about your job. Wonder why they never called you after you didn't show up. That's strange. I hope you can find something else soon, or clear up with this job why you didn't come to work.
Mo, Yikes on all the illness! I hope you're back up to par soon.
Sheila, I hope you and your dd are feeling better soon. Sorry to hear your son thinks he needs to be tied down at 17 already. Geesh, at 17 all I wanted to do was graduate high school and move far far away to go to college. Marriage was THE LAST thing on my mind.
Dawn, good luck with the jeans! Have fun at McDs and Moms club.
P-sounds like a terrific party! Busy weekend for you!
Jasmine, good luck with the new kid. Hope he keeps his lice at home lol.

Boring weekend here. Hubby was home from work sick pretty much all weekend and I've been so mentally drained that I set out to stay home ALL weekend. Mission accomplished, although my 3 y/o dd is very anxious to leave the house lol. Got my workout in this morning. WATP 4 fast miles, lots of jogging, quite the sweatfest! I have an appointment this afternoon with my personal trainer. I'm sure no matter what she has me doing I'll be completely sore tomorrow and Wednesday lol. Well, off to take a shower. Have a great day everyone!

Heather
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Good Mornin' Chicksters!!

Dang Monday... stupid invention;-).

Nicci ~ Man, that totally bites. I sure do hope that it all works out. Sooner rather than later, eh? Give yourself a pat on the back for working out.

Mo ~ hiya' honeybuns! I think that you look gorgeous and my first thought was, "did she have a boob job?" Honey dew mellons came to mind... I think of MO and food always comes to mind;-). Only with you could I lay that out there lol. So sorry to hear about all of the sickness. Great news though on the thyroid. It's finally righting itself. Are you still with the same doctor or did you switch? It's ok that you aren't able to post here everyday (sniff, sniff). Seriously, we're happy to hear from you frequently or infrequently. Take care of yourself sweetheart.

Hey Sheila ~ how are you feeling today? Doesn't it seem like everyone has been sick more often and longer this winter? Sure seems that way to me. BTW, how is DD's health these days?

Pam ~ So happy to hear the party was a success ~ how could it not be? Are you sick of HM at this point or do you actually still like her? What sweet memories you've created for your baby girl. Enjoy your day!

Jasmine ~ LICE? Eeeeekkkk. That would scare the $%@# out of me too! Is it in the home and is that why he keeps getting it? My hat goes off to public school teachers... the things that you have to deal with on a daily basis. God bless you!

Lisa ~ that is one seriously long day... hope that you're all caught up with good zzzzz's by now.

Heather ~ Do you like WATP? I bought some a while back but still haven't used them. I figure that I'll alternate between those and the bike down the road.

The weather here yesterday was unbelievable ~ 75 degrees!!! We spent all afternoon outside; shorts and flip flops weather:-). I worked in my back flower beds cleaning out and cutting back stuff. Tomorrow 5-8 inches in expected here so quite the switch in weather. I'm doing great on the bike and yesterday I really tried hard to be more conscious of calories. Even though I haven't lost any weight, in fact, I've gained:-(... I can tell a difference in my clothes. DH just called me from sunny California and he'd just finished his morning run out there. I've got a list of stuff to do this week while he's out of town. Unfortunately, bad weather/snow days hadn't been figured in LOL. Hope that everyone has a great day. I'm off to exercise.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #11  

Jas..LICE?? Ewww...good luck with that one. Hopefully it's in the past for him.

Lisa...girl, you are killing me with your work schedule. Nice that you got lots of rest in, and that you got to see your G-ma as well.

Joan...I think we're getting your weather today...It's supposed to be in the 60's...DH is in CA??? How jealous are you?? I certainly am!!!

heather...I've done WATP from exercise TV (they only have the one mile ones) and I think it's a pretty good workout. WAS thinking of investing in a 4 miler...do you really like it and think it's good?

Off to bake cupcakes for school tomorrow.

Toodles, girls!!

Pam
Old 03-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin girls,

Pam, saw the pics, you are a super mom! I love the girls in their wigs....

Joan, didn't think when we got out of "stuckagain" we would be going the wrong way. I have to start counting calories I know. That is quite a weather change.

Heather, do you go to the pt twice a week? Have a good workout.

Sheila, hope you and DD are feeling better today,

Dawn, instead of concealer, I use a highlighter for the eyes works great!

Mo, sorry about work and the health issues? Be careful with the asthma meds. My DH balloned after being on prednisone.

Nicci, I'm looking for work too. Very frustrating, fingers crossed the job works out.

Lisa, have a good day at work! You need a vacation!

We are also having good weather. It's gonna be in the 60's for a few days which is good for me. I want to get in the flower beds too. I think this year I will focus just on the bricked in beds. I don't want to get overwhelmed with the whole yard. I see lots of plants (bulbs) I have no clue what they are. So it should be interesting.

I still have to get my workout in today. I am super hungry too. Yikes.

I think it will take me all week to get the house back in order. Just in time for next weekend, lol.

Talk later everyone! Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Monday All!
Sorry to hear so many of you are so sick. I think it just goes with having Kids. I have not been sick since I moved to Alaska but maybe once. And, I work in a hospital! I figure after living 13 years in one of the dirtiest cities (Las Vegas) in the country, My Immune system is cast iron. The wimpy little germs they have up here are just no match.

It is nice to see the prodigal children returning to the group. I bet there is alot of inspiration to be shared there. Its always fun to run into old friends and play catch up.

Melinda, I know what you mean about job frustration. I used to have a boss in vegas who was a pure bully. I am a medical coder, and was the ONLY coder at my last job. This boss had no Idea what I did all day much less how to do it. I think she felt threatened by me. Once when my hand was hurting due to overworking it (ie: processing 700 fee tickets a day for weeks) my production was falling off (naturally). So,one of the other office workers asked her if he could help in any way. She stood up and announced to the whole office that what she needed was an F-ing coder that didn't have an F-ing hand injury. Don't ask me why she didn't get fired. As if that wasn't bad enough- she got promoted- from assistant terrorizer to head terrorizer.
Now, once I get to know people, I usually develop a theme song for them. Whenever I saw this woman- the theme for the wicked witch of the west from the wizzard of oz would run through my head. There was another one there who inspired Darth Vader's theme song.
Any way, when my boss got fired for stealling from the company, I went around the office singing "ding dong the witch is dead" for weeks.

Well, I don't have a lot to contribute today. I did no exercising as my treadmill lives on the front porch and we had 90 MPH winds all weekend. I ate ok, too much bread again. I think I might have to go back to phase 1 on my diet. its hard. I get so bored.

Yours Truely from Stuckagain, Alaska (yes it's a real place)
Dangergirl
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

Good Morning All! It's a cold wet day here in southeast Missouri! After having weekend highs of 60 degrees we are now under a winter storm watch! I'm kicking back and relaxing today after a crazy weekend!
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #15  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

DDawn: You have GOT to be kidding me! You had to go IN to work for your supervisor to determine whether SHE felt you were sick enough to stay home? Unreal. She's lucky I don't know her or I'd have to lose her like Jimmy Hoffa! Yeah, I'm a tough talker but not much for action...but it sounded good eh? Seriously though, that's b.s.!

Danger: OMGosh, I would so have done the same thing...singing that song! The funny thing is....that's so perfect that she got canned for stealing! Your job sounds soooo super demanding...but definitely something that is in high demand. I see openings for that work here @ local hospitals all the time. Awesome! Yeah, she finally told me this morning that she opened back up my time sheet so I could go in and enter my o.t. from the past 2 weeks. Yeah, only after I went over her head to the higher up supervisor complaining that I was required to stay but the o.t. was denied. She was like: "I never denied your overtime" right in front of the higher up. Yeah, my butt you didn't. Whatever. I have it now...and it was only a measely 1.75 hours (despite the reality of my working about 7 hours).

Jasmine: Oh spooky! Lice!!! Blech! GOOD LUCK.

Joan: LMAO on the augmentation comment! Yeah, I am with the same dr. and we wound up doing something different. I'm doing 60 mg. on even numbered days and 90 mg. on odd numbered days. That did the trick. Of course too, I think you remember that I switched about 6 months ago to the naturally derived stuff from pig thyroid right? That was a Godsend! That synthetic crap is horrendous (though I know a couple people are on that and it works great for them).

Sheila: OMGosh guuuurl! Temps that high are dangerous! Very scary sweetie! Good thing you're a spunky temptress or that thang might have licked you but good! Wow. LOL on the man subject. Nope, no dates. I dated a guy long distance on and off for about 6 months and we're still friends. BUT, he's really into the swinger lifestyle and though I'm open to try new phreakie things....he's got a problem with it. He literally HAS to have "strange" every month; multiple times. I'm not ok with that. MAYBE once every 3-6 months, ok....but I'm not THAT generous. LOL Ok, I know that's probably TMI and if Roobie Slippers is hanging in the background he'll be ready to spank me for straying from the real purpose of our group...weight loss & support! Sorry Roo, you know how I am! LOL Other than that guy, noone is asking so I'm not dating. But, @ least I can now say I've had essentially 5 dates (albeit w/one guy) in 3+ years!!! Woo Hoo. Sheila-look below under Alicia for the asthma info.

Lisa: Hey sunshine! No, there isn't-well, in Grand Rapids there is, but not here. That's awesome...manager already? You friggin' rock, roller! I have applied to Kohl's though. I'd go back to JCP but I left under kind of bad vibes (just called and quit one day...I know...so bad after 2 years of part-time work). It's just hard to find work around here lately unless you can do 1st shift.

Alicia: Yeah, I'm just on Xopenex (sp?) 2 puffs every morning and every night and then one puff of Advair about 1/2 later every morning and night. That's just for 2 weeks and then hopefully I just go to the Advair on a regular basis if needed or my rescue inhaler (Xopenex) as needed. I'm still on Flonase and Allegra. But yeah, like Sheila said-there is a worry that all this inhaler action will actually force me to have a chronic issue. They did do the pulmonary whatever test and I sucked as to airflow. BUT, we're hoping it's just a really minor form of this respiratory **** and that the aggressive initial treatment will help me in the long run.

Pam: Hey there babydoll!!!

Karen: HI SWEETS!!!

Ok, as to the real reason I'm supposed to be here: my food intake today has really sucked a lemon hard through a papertowel cardboard roller thangy. I ate macaroni, fine. But then I had 4 cookies for breakfast and then 3 more after lunch. WTH? I need counseling. LOL BUT, I am NOT DRINKING DEW (where is GG when she needs to hear that? LISA-DID YOU HEAR THAT?) but my water w/plain lemon juice. Yeah, yummy....NOT. BUT, at least I'm getting in my water. Have to bank on ONE positive for the day!

Still no word on my applications.....keep the fingers crossed for me. I'm tired of calling the mortgage company and the electric company, etc. to make arrangements for paying bills. How the heck can someone be as old as me and still struggling like this? It just doesn't make sense. Going to meet w/a financial advisor as soon as I get a 2nd job to start getting ahead.

MO

Last edited by mjoste; 03-03-2008 at 12:42 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote