Old 02-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #1  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Default New Orleans!

Hello Everyone! Happy Leap Day!

I just wanted to give a little update, but also say bye!

I am so proud of myself, I'm down to 197..but have lost a few inches. I was just walking to the bathroom and a lady that works with me said "Hey! You've lost weight...now you need to buy some pants that fit" I was so happy! I can tell i've lost inches, everything is so baggy.

The only bad thing is I can't exercise, doc's orders. I am leaving for New Orleans on Sunday morning. I am taking a group of students down there to do some relief works for our alternative spring break trip! I am so excited, but I am sick. Which SUCKS! I am trying to nurse it and get back to at least 95% by Sunday.

Well, I won't be on again until a week from the coming up monday! So everyone have a great week next week.

Be thinkin about me, I'll be down there eating whatever is provided (we don't get a choice it's relief work..come on) and even some louisiana home cookin. LORD help me now! hopefully all of that construction will help me out!

Talk to you in week or so!
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I think it's really cool that you are into the alternative spring break, and it's amazing the work left to be done down there!

Hope you are all healed up and ready to go! I'm no help when it comes to bayou cookin. It's a serious weakness of mine. My mother's family is from the East Texas bayou and... I can't even talk about it because it makes me hungry!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Have a good time!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Awesome You have a fantastic time!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. As far as food in New Orleans, I know it's not OP or anything but if you go to Bourbon Street there's a place a few blocks down from Canal called the "Tropical Isle" They have HUGENORMOUS burgers for real cheap!! But it is possible to eat well in Louisiana even with the "home cookin'" Just eat smaller portions and you'll be fine. STAY AWAY FROM MASHED POTATOES!!! And corn bread. And bread pudding. and....well, you're smart, you'll figure it out. Have fun in my home state! (Even though I can't stand New Orleans)
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #6  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Have fun! I'm sure that it'll be an intense week and you'll probably work off most of what you eat!

Did your doctor clear you for the physical part? I know that sometimes that type of work can be even more taxing on our bodies than traditional exercise.

Be safe, have fun!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote