Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 06:41 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Panic Attacks & Dieting # 7

hi everyone,
time for a new thread!

good news on your weightloss daytona - I'm proud of you...your puppy sounds so cute.
My weightloss effort is going well - I am watching what I eat (but not obsessing about it too much) and I am at the gym at least twice a week.

I am generally doing ok but have to get rid of the anticipatory anxiety - it still creeps in before events and even work...I am usually ok once whatever it is I am feeling anxious about has started but there is STILL a degree of restlessness and anxiety underlying and its with me for all of the day - I need to do some serious relaxation and try my breathing exercises that my doc taught me.

Jennifa, Gobbie, Cassie99, have I missed anyone? I'm sorry if I have - you are all missed...hope you are doing ok!

{{{HUGS}}} to you all for a calm week.

MyGirl
Old 02-18-2002, 12:52 PM   #2  
cookies are for browsers

Hi Everybody,

How are you? Please post and let us know.

Daytona, that puppy sounds darling. You should post a photo. I saw some puppies yesterday at a pet store and I
wanted to take them ALL home with me, especially the long haired chihuahua that was chewing on the other dogs...

MyGirl, sounds like you are sticking to your exercise guns! Way to go!! Did you stick with the blood type WOE? Or
have you left but kept some of the basics? I'd be interested in hearing about your experience, you can PM me if you want.

Well, I am on Day 17 of this diet. I am getting very frustrated. It seems like all the food in the world has wheat
in it. Think it's simple? Next time you are at a restaurant try to find 5 things on the menu that are vegetarian without
wheat, potatoes, or corn in them. Good luck. I am getting sick of stir fry. It's ok when I'm at home but going out is
too hard. Have I lost any weight? Probably. I couldn't wear a pair of jeans that I had a couple of weeks ago, but I
was able to wear them yesterday, albeit tightly. I can't wait to lose this torso flab. I don't mind a big butt but I can't
stand the love handles, and these truck driver arms are simply intolerable. If this diet doesn't work I think I'll just run
out and get liposuction!

I guess the good news is I feel better, the depression is more of a memory of something that I used to do, and when I
go to the grocery store and see so much wheat and sugar and fat along the aisles, I think "no wonder so many Americans
are so fat!" I think blood type O is the most common; someone told me that about 50% of the population is type O.

Ho hum, I bet you all are bored with this WOE. I'll just say that I've gone these 17 days and only once have I caved
and had wine and chocolate. And it didn't taste as good as I'd hoped and gave me a bit of a tummy ache. Maybe I'll
get myself so only slimming foods taste good... hope for me...

Jennifa
217.5/I weigh in tonight, will post it later/170
Old 02-19-2002, 05:38 AM   #3  

Hi Jennifa,

re: the blood type diet - well interestingly enough some of the food that is bad for me I actually don't like too much (I am an A+ blood type) eg; I don't really like tomatoes and now I know why - the acidity in them irritates my stomach.

I am not on it anymore but have kept some of the basics...I have also gone off coffee eventhough I love the taste of a freshly brewed coffee first thing in the morning!

Stick with it - you have come this far and that is GREAT ! it is tough and you do need to be disciplined on it but the rewards are well worth it.

Janney - how are you? I hope you are keeping busy, drop us a line when you can.

Cassie99 - hope things are going a bit better for you...hang in there we'd love to hear from you even if it's just to get things off your chest. I personally find this helps me a lot.

Daytona - how are you doing? How's that adorable pup? Keep up the great effort at the gym.

Gobbie - now where have you disappeared to? Hope things are going well for you too.

MyGirl

p.s - I felt as though I was almost going to jump out of my skin at work I was feeling SOOO jittery but persistence and some prayers and a good chat to one of my co-workers helped so much that by the end of the day I was actually enjoying myself even though I felt depersonalization...uggghh but the key is to keep going and NOT give in to the anxiety...no matter what!
Old 02-19-2002, 09:23 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone,

MyGirl, you are doing great! You have to give yourself a lot of credit for just staying in the situation that is making you anxious, it is so much easier to give in to it. Giving in is like a double edged sword, you get the imediate relief but it comes back to haunt you all the more next time and God knows there will be a next time. I was driving to the mall the other day when anxiey reared its ulgy head, I almost turned around but I made myself go, it took a whole lot of positive self talk but I did it. I am just so thankful to have you and Jennifa (and the rest of our group) to tell about it. The support and knowing we are not alone is the best. I havn't looked at the eat for your blood type diet but it sounds pretty good, a friend of mine is on it.

Jennifa, you will lose weight, how can you not when you have eliminated half the food in the world? Just kidding, but you are so much more healthy for eating like that and I admire you. Just getting rid of the depression is great news and I am sure you will feel even better soon. Isn't it crazy when you actually find out what is in the food we been eating?

My puppie is a brat, the housebreaking is driving me nuts! Talk about anxiety, you take her out to go potty and as soon as her paws hit the carpet she goes! This is too much. She will do better, she is only 9wks old so I need a whole lot of patience which I am not real good at. I think the 5 kids used it all up LOL.

Have a great day and try to keep tranquil thoughts.

Daytona
Old 02-19-2002, 01:48 PM   #5  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

MyGirl, good job for toughing it out at work. That is a good ERT technique for anxiety, glad you are using it.

Daytona, LOL about the kids!! FIVE?? Good luck with the puppy potty training!

Well, I weighed in and I am down 4.5 pounds. ND says it's for real, I am skeptical. I gain and lose so much all the time I wonder if it means anything at all, and here I am eating basically nada all the time. She said I am not eating enough! So I am trying to cram food in my mouth all the time, I can't believe it's actually working. At any rate, the scale is moving in the right direction.

Jennifa
217.5/213/170
Old 02-19-2002, 07:14 PM   #6  

Unhappy

Hi all. Sorry I haven't written. It's been really bad again
Tomorrow I go see the Physc Dr for a med review at 8:00 am. Then the therapist at 9:00. Then the medical doctor at 11:00. From there to work. It's just so dark and lonely. Still able to make it to work but very difficult. Anxiety is back too. The depression is even worse. Anyway, computer hasn't been working and am writing this from work. Just wanted to let you know I'm still around. Do read your posts and am glad to hear people are doing well. Keep up the good weight losses. One day..................I'll actually succeed. Sorry to be gloomy. That's just life right now. Keep up on the puppy potty training. Gotta love puppy and kittens. Please tell me more about this WOE eating style. Would like to run it by my doctor. Anyway. HI to all. Have bright and calming days. Keep up that exercise.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:11 AM   #7  
cookies are for browsers

Default Eat Right 4 Your Type

Hi Janney,

You might consider this diet, it helped kick my depression and FAST. If you truly want to know what the diet would be like,
you need to get your hands on the book. There is just way too much to post. It also depends very much on your
blood type so you need to know that for sure. I'm type O and gave up wheat and dairy plus a whole lot of other stuff like
oranges, avocados, potatoes, etc. It is highly specific to the type.

This book should be available at the library and at any bookstore.

The author has a website you can check out, too, but it doesn't really give you a solid idea of the WOE. The website
is www.dadamo.com. There are message boards there, too.

Good luck, hang in there, things will get better!!
Old 02-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #8  

Wink

Thanks Jennifa for the info. Ran it by the doctor and he said he knows of this plan. With me being on insulin he's not happy with this choice. Will think of something, eventually. Now taking it one day at a time.

Still in the battles and kind of winning them, I guess. At least that's what I'm being told. As long as I make it through a day, I've completed something. I've been forcing myself to work and the therapist tells me that's a good sign. She calls it baby stepping.

Had an attack yesterday at my desk. Normally I'm able to hide in the bathroom but couldn't get this into grip. I'm sure it will calm down. It's just finding it again. If the depression wasn't so bad it would help.

Enough of my problems and my crying. I'm sure you'll get tired of hearing this junk.

How are the rest of you doing? Where is everyone? Praying everyone is experiencing peace and calm.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:31 AM   #9  

Hi everyone,

Jennifa, way to go losing that much weight. I would think it is for real after all you have done to lose it. Keep up the good work. Are you still exercising? I am so sick of my flabby arms, no matter what type of exercise I do they don't improve! I am with you, lets go get liposuction! We will just have to stay motivated I guess, sooner or later we will improve.

Mygirl, are things going better for you? Do you think its the time of year that is making us all a little bit more anxiety ridden? It seems to me that this is an annual problem for me, it usually is worse this month and next then if I don't give into it I feel better by April. Last year it got the worst of me, I am determined not to let that happen again this year. It takes to long to recover. Of course I have anxiety off and on all the time, I just mean really bad anxiety.

Janney, we are glad you are posting and we won't get tired of you telling us how you are doing. We all have our share of problems and I know this site is a lifesaver for me. Are you trying the diet Jennifa is on? It is so hard when you have more than one problem to deal with. I am hypoglycemic and it flares up once in a while, sure puts a bad spin on the eating LOL.

My puppie who I named Pikachu is just driving me crazy. She is adorable and I will post a picture if I can figure out how to. The housebreaking is starting to come along thank God. No more puppies for me! We are supposed to get a nice day today, 50 and sun, that is wonderful for MI. I will try and get out and walk for some exercise.

Have a good day,
Daytona
Old 02-25-2002, 06:27 AM   #10  

HI all,
I am doing much better today! Thank goodness - I think I will just put it down to being a BAD few days and now I need to move on from there.

Work is going MUCH better and I am blessed to have such wonderful colleagues who understand me and are just happy to listen to my woes...God bless them and all of YOU...it's the one thing that keeps me going in all of this madness!

I am back at the gym tomorrow - gotta get going regularly again!

MyGirl
Old 03-01-2002, 10:09 PM   #11  

Back at gym but only 2 days this week so far....ugghhh I am lazy, lazy and get caught up in the busy and hectic pace. Why do I always put myself last?

I'm also feeling real tired these days and just want to sleep when I get home from work - and I mean for like 3 hours. I suppose it's all the adrenaline and stress build up that tires me out.

Hope you are all doing much better.

MyGirl
Old 03-09-2002, 10:55 AM   #12  

Hi everyone,

I hope the lack of posting is a positive sign that we are all doing better? Things around here are ok, I am in a rut, you know, just going through the motions LOL. The weather has just been awful, rain, snow, freezing rain, you name it we have had it. I am so glad I joined the gym, at least I now can exercise without regard to the elements. On second thought that also took away my excuse not to exercise.

Jennifa, how are you doing on your diet? Have you lost anymore? Are you still feeling better? Life without depression has got to feel better. I have a friend who is following the eat right for you blood type diet and she said it made a big difference in how she feels.

Mygirl, I think you are right, just chalk it up to a few bad days. When ever I have one I am so sure the whole anxiety thing is back in full force it scares me to death. We just need to remember even so called normal people have bad days where everything bothers them. We just have a worse case of panic than they do.

Take care everyone,

Daytona
Old 03-09-2002, 01:16 PM   #13  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

I was watching the Miss Fitness America pageant and thought "hey! that's MyGirl and Daytona!" Good job on the exercise, ladies!

Janney, I want to let you know that there is a new forum called "Depression and Weight Issues" you might want
to check out. It's only a few down from this forum. Hope you are doing well.

As for me, I've been away for 2 weeks and am trying to get back into exercising and getting clean laundry into my
closet. I am still on the plan, and I haven't weighed so I don't know the numbers, but the good news is the love
handles are SHRINKING!!!! I am so happy about THAT let me tell you, with swimsuits JUST around the corner
(it's almost spring!) I do not want to go through another summer embarrassed to go to a pool party.

A big challenge for me on this WOE is avoiding dairy. Being a vegetarian, it is hard to get enough protein per day. And
I love cheese. I know I am only supposed to have it once a week but it's been more like 3x per week lately. I will have
to work on that. I think staying away from wheat is really helping. That, and my doctor yells at me because I don't
eat enough. I just don' t have that much of an appetite. I go back next week, I'll post my weight then.

Jennifa
217.5/213/170
Old 03-11-2002, 05:58 AM   #14  

Jennifa - way to go girl! that is great news about your weightloss and your sticking to the WOE - when you see the pounds dropping it is so inspirational you don't want to eat. I am so proud of you.

lol @ Miss Fitness USA - now wouldn't THAT be a dream come true! thanks for the compliment jen! I still have a LONG way to go.

how are the rest of you doing? daytona, gobbie, janney hugs to you all.

MyGirl
Old 03-19-2002, 08:37 AM   #15  

Hi everyone,

How's the dieting, exercising and anxiety going? I been holding steady with the anxiety. I am glad I joined the gym or else I would probably be going up in the weight area. It gets so anoying to diet and exercise and stay the same. I really don't need to lose, but maintaining is hard because you don't get any feed back like you do when you lose. Sorry to complain. I have another headache, I am plagued with the things. I get migraines and tension. Guess it tells you what a relaxed kind of person I am??? Anyway I miss all of you so post when you get a chance and let me know how things are going.

Daytona
Closed Thread