UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

Default Running bra wanted

Hello All,

I am just starting to run and as I'm a bit top heavy I'm looking for a really solid bra. I have Shock Absorber, but even that doesnt seem to be enough. I wear D/DD and its a hassle to run with. Maybe just wear to two pairs, I just don't know. If anyone knows of a really good sports bra for larger sizes in the UK I would really appreciate the advice! Many thanks in advance!
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I am a D cup, and I buy my running bras from Title 9. I can't remember the name of the one that I wear, but look on the website for a bra w/ 3 or 4 "barbells". I've bought 2 from them of the same kind, and I no longer need to wear a sports bra, tight tank top, and shirt when I run. Well, of course still a shirt ). go to www.title9.com and see if one will work for you. I look in the descriptions for words like "good for high impact" or "no bouncing", stuff like that. Good luck!! It took me FOREVER to find a good running bra!!

Jenny
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

The Shockabsorber comes in differing impact levels - do you have the high one (Level 4 I think)? I am a DD too and find my Shockabsorber keeps everything in place.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #4  

Bravissimo also do sports bras. i've not tried them yet though. my normal Bravissimo bras are good though.
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #5  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Can you get the ENELL over there? It is amazing. Like putting on a bullet proof vest it is. As you would say - it's brilliant! It changed my whole exercise regime. I thought it might suffocate me at first but I had on a size too small. I'm a DD as well so I can say I highly recommend it.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213.2/207/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile

I haven't posted in a while but I LOVE my ENELL! My husband says it looks like a bullet proof vest too but man my girls aren't going anywhere! Where was this bra when I was in high school? ha ha. ok enough.
Hillarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:56 AM   #7  

Years back, Oprha ran a marathon. Her hint was to wear two sports bars at once. She had a sports/fitness woman on and they both said wearing two sports bras at once were the solution for full breasted women.
loralee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #8  

Am a 34DD and also find Shock Absorbers fine - have worn them for years. But they vary a lot - so maybe I was lucky in that the first style I had happened to be a good one?

The stuff here (not all Shock Absorbers!) looks nice:

http://www.girlsruntoo.co.uk/GirlsRu...5FTops%5FBras/

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 02-28-2008 at 04:35 PM.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I have to go try these things out!! I have shockabsorber 4 which is good, but the bullet proof vest sounds really promising!
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:49 AM   #10  

I have a bunch of the Enell (bullet proof vest) and they are awesome. They run over $100 but I got them on ebay for $35. Ebay just sent me an email that there are more listed so you may want to look. I've been running for years and the difference is amazing.

It's quite scary looking and takes about 5 minutes to do it all up, also your girls will be up by your chin but honestly it works wonders!!!
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/229/119

Height: 5ft

You can get the Enell sports bra in the UK - look at the Figleaves UK website.
I have two - they cost £36 but are absolutely fantastic!

www.figleaves.com/uk/
mary27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #12  

Default figleaves!!!

go to the uk branch of figleaves. they have loads of brands and sizes and are really good about returns or exchanges. they have enell etc and you can shop by size. good luck!
adreamer is offline   Reply With Quote