Old 02-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #1  

Default Extra Points???

I get 24 points a day. I am not counting activity points and I am saving my Flex points for the weekend. I am finding most days I am 1 or 2 points under ...
Do I get to save those and add them to the 35 flex points I want to use at the end of the week or are they gone (so better eat em up haha)

Thanks!
1Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #2  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I wouldn't do that...

come to think of it, I hardly ever use my flex points or activity points. I usually don't use my flex points on a daily basis because I figure that some portions might be off when I am estimating, and I am probably using around 3 flex points a day anyways. For example, if the tablespoon is missing, I will estimate with salad dressing. Or with parmesan cheese. I definetly don't have time to measure EVERYTHING, so I assume my estimations probably put me a few flex points over sometimes...
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

technically, I think they're supposed to be 'gone' if you don't eat them that day... so eat them up!
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Your "base" points are considered your point minimum for the day (going under regularly might actually slow your metabolism).

Someone had a great link to what happens to your body when you regularly do not eat enough calories to sustain your basal metabolic rate (the calories your body burns just to stay alive, breathing, digesting, sleeping...). Anyone remember it?
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Those daily points are just that, daily. They are gone if you don't use them that day.

That said, I don't think it's healthy to consistently eat under what your daily points are.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I agree with all the other posters. Your daily target should be considered your "minimum" for the day!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

might as well eat them you cant save them for later!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #8  
lots of fun!

This is good information! I have books and information on weight watchers from a former employee of weight watchers and I am using these as well as information online to do it from home, as I don't have a predictable work schedule OR the money to join right now. I decided I'd see how I could do on my own! We shall see so far not so bad. I am happy to have stumbled about this site though after googling something or other for points. I actually read somewhere that you can bank points to save for later as long as you use them within the same week. I have not done this more than once and have not used any of my flex points in the 2 1/2 weeks I have been doing WW so I'm not so worried about that ruining anything, but it is good to see that several people said you should not use those points after they are lost! I will do that no more and take it out of my flex directly (which will prob in turn make me not EAT that thing I was overusing points for and do better!)

I am looking forward to posting more on here and reading more suggestions! I think this will really help me on the program! I have a friend who is also doing it with me but I tell her most of what to do from reading so I can help her as well!
ifindhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Ifindhope!

Be sure to ask if you have any questions ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Ifindhope.
Ditto what Faerie said -- if you have any questions, we're here!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #11  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Ifindhope What you are describing with the saving/banking for later use is an old WW plan, they have changed the program, under that plan you had a range of pts, which still had a minimum, it was a variation of the older plan that had exchanges and 3 ranges eat less/basic/eat more. They were working their way to the Flex plan, it seems to me.

The range of pts still had a minimum you had to meet, so say your range was 23 - 28, you had to eat 23 and could bank the extra 5. Those 5 a day became the flex pts. I think. Under the newer plan you get a daily target and that is your minimum, you cannot bank pts. you don't use, in fact you are supposed to use all of those, you have to use or lose your activity points daily and your flex pts. are for the week, you can't save any you don't use for future weeks.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote