Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #1  

Exclamation Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey

This is a great thread for those who want support, helpful hints, friendship and a great bunch of people to communicate with. This thread has existed for a long time and we keep re-starting it whenever the old one gets too long. Feel free to stop in and chat, we are not a "closed" group and welcome newcomers. Some of us have been together for well over a year, some only a few days, but we care about each other. We offer tips, we share, we pick each other up of the floor when we've had rough times and we applaud when someone does well.

So, please do stop on by and share a bit, support is what it's all about! We can really do this together.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good morning everyone,
Welcome Emma! Yes, I remember you! If you ever want to PM me, I have experienced the devastation of recurrent miscarriages, and I know alot about everything that goes along with it. So glad to see that you found your way back to us.

Well, I can't believe it. I made it, 10 consecutive days of being on OP. It's really strange, cause I've noticed a few things about myself in these last 10 days. I've been in a better mood, not all this up and down because of being upset with myself for being off program, overeating etc. I have more of a feeling of fullness throughout the day because of my healthy choices. I am thoroughly enjoying my 4-5pts. worth of treats in the evening, instead of feeling guilty about sweets at night. So here we are again at the weekend, always a challenge for me. I think if we stick to our guns as a family and not go out to dinner, we'll be OK. So, I just need to make sure we have lots of options, so we're not tempted to just head out the door for dinner. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:16 AM   #3  
The Last 10lbs!

Erica, I have to jump in and comment - your idea of leaving 4-5 points for night eating is a great one. I will probably have a hard time leaving that many, but I get really peckish after dinner and always head for the sweet things (though at least they are WW brand!). Also, I find that when I have days that I go over my usual 23 points, I get really disappointed with myself so when I have had multiple days on plan consecutively, I always feel better as well. I think I will try and eat lighter during the day so that my night-time eating habits don't put me into the flex points so often!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #4  

Erica, what a great thing to start the new thread with such a positive post! Congrats on 10 days OP!!! You go girl!
Hey, if you are cooking at home this weekend, why not plan a low point theme evening? If I wasn't entertaining, I would join you. What about an Italian night with FF friendly foods or a Mexican Fiesta evening? Maybe you could find an inexpensive CD of music that relates and set a festive table? You kids will really enjoy it and maybe you can involve them in some of the cooking?

Welcome Freedomreins! Hope to have you around and you'll have to report to us if Erica's idea works for you or not.

Trysh, if my in-laws were across the street, no sure if I'd like that. But, as they age and if they need help, it will be convenient, at least. Good luck with your tiling.
Kim, I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Chicken soup is low in points and really helps a cold! Also, I heard that some decongestants and cold medications make people gain weight, so maybe it's that? Just drink plenty of water and wash it all out of your system!
Trysh, I think there is some kind of website that allows you to input a photo and try different hair colors and styles. Wish I could remember, try looking for it!
I need a makeover in a way, my hair needs a cut and I am debating on highlighting or perming it again... I sure need something! Like Ann says, mini rewards are a very good thing!
Erica, congrats on your loss! Way to go! What is a vita-top? I need to know!
Ann, glad you liked my thinking about cleaning houses. When you weigh it out, you are exercising and getting paid vs. paying a gym. You get in good shape in both places, but money is coming IN vs. OUT!!! I like it, but my schedule is just crazy. It's a fun idea to toss around, for sure. I have to share what my former neighbor used to do, by the way, as I used to think it was so funny. I used to see her pull her car into the driveway and unload boxes of cleaning supplies and a vacuum quite often. Her house was always the cleanest and most beautiful home in our neighborhood, we weren't in a wealthy neighborhood, but hers was the most tasteful and well kept of all the homes. At any rate, then I would see another car show up each week and someone else would be unloading a vacuum and stuff and going in and out. She told me, at one point, that she hates cleaning her own house so she actually worked cleaning other people's houses so she could afford to pay someone to clean her own. Interesting logic, isn't it?
I can relate to that, though, as when I clean my house it feels like such a chore, but a job is something different. You go there, you do what you need to do, you get paid. When you are home, it feels like you should be in your private piece of heaven, your sanctuary. Wouldn't it be nice to walk in and find it all done for you, no dust, no dirt, no chores that need to be done. I often reflect on that woman and think that maybe she had the right idea? : )

Ann, congratulations on your loss! I'm hoping for one this week, but with company and two family birthdays, (mine!) I'm not sure.

I did get roses and they are HUGE, I swear I've never seen the this tall before, I'm 5'2" tall and they come as high as my belly button in the vase. I wouldn't tell him this, but they are a bit overpowering. I think I'll trim them down today. They smell wonderful though, and not quite opened all the way, yet. I love that stage.

Emma, I am glad to have you back. I've missed you and all those cute photos you used to post of Gabby. She is probably a little girl now vs. a baby! We need an update. So sorry about your ectopic pregnancy, that must have been so hard on you, even if unplanned. How are you feeling now? Are you OK? Will you be able to have more children?

So, for me, today will be an on program day, as best I can manage as I've just GOT to be good due to the weekend activities we have planned.

Breakfast:
sliced pear
oatmeal made with FF Calorie Countdown Milk
(you all must look for Calorie Countdown milk in the green carton in your grocery, it's only 1 point for a cup but has added calcium supplements. Do let me know if you find it locally. It's made by Hood.)

Lunch:
Leftover chicken stir fry from the other evening
leftover cream of tomato soup (trying to make room in the fridge for company food and beverages)
One slice WW bread, toasted with butter spray

Dinner:
Roasted Pork Loin with BBQ rub. We'll serve this with BBQ sauce on the side for dipping
Baked sweet potato
Salad, oil and vinegar

Dessert:
SF/FF vanilla pudding with light cool whip

Snacks will be fresh pineapple and/or popcorn

Have to share one other thing! The new refrigerator is awesome with ice and water in the door, it even has crushed ice. Drinking water was never so much fun and so refreshing before! I also love that this refrigerator has a filter in it so the water seems better and more clear.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:00 AM   #5  

Oh yes, I have a new rodent avitar today.
It's becuase my son is thinking that this one youtube thing is so funny, I have to admit that it's funny so it's my way of adding humor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_aniCCjs2M

My leader says that if you laugh every day, it burns more calories!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Happy Friday!!!!!!Did every body have a good V~Day? I did,it was wonderfulI love my hubby so much,he is the most perfect manI am so in love you guys, he's so sweet!! He got me a couples ring from limoges jewelry,I don't know if this is advertising but here's whet it looks like
http://www.limogesjewelry.com/produc...736517720S.gif They put your birthstones in and your names beside the stones and for sterling silver they're just 40.00..I got him an orange rose(his fave color) and a titanium wedding band that he could wear at work, they're supposed to be scratch resistant and stuff, here's a pic http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/70/08/25...56_215X215.jpg it was 38.00. The one I got him is a little wider than that but I just thought that would be perfect for work,after I get him a gold comfort fit,those are like 200.00 anyway we're happy!!lol!
Linda~ I was going to do house cleaning,not to lose weight ,cause that never even crossed my mind,but for extra money and DH didn't want me to....oh well.I want to come to your house to eat every day,everything you post sounds so good!!
Kim~ I love to dance,but only when I'm alone,lol!! we went out to eat at Ruby Tuesday last night for V~Day and intended on going alone, well we ende up with my sissy and her DH and one of my DH's buddies and his wife,which we had fun though!!
Erica~ I love chocolate,and DH too, sometimes I think he likes it more than I do,we shared the double chocolate cake at Ruby Tuesday last night!!
We ARE getting the bamboo!!lol That's what I want and I think he really does to, we went to Lowe's and looked at some last night and he picked out the very one I liked,the carbonized, it's not stained,but it's heated to give it the brown color,I think he's just kinda weighing his options on the other flooring,for back up. Amen on your own bathroom,we have a masterbath,but I never take a shower in there,because it's one of those corner showers,with no seat and I can't shave my legs upside down,you know what I mean? so I just always take a shower in our hallway bath.I'd like to change my ticker today,but I'm stuck I'm about to give up, but I have to say I've cheated a whole bunch this week,shame on me it's my fault,well ther's always next week....pray for me...speaking of cheating did you resist the cake and icecream last night?lol!! Well it's Friday and we're gonna be working on our kitchen floor tonight,I'm feeling Long John's.I can get some stuff there that's not so bad in pts,and tomorrow we're doing veggie soup,I;m gonna do like you all suggested before, I'll do little separate for me, because the way DH likes it,it's fattening!!
Hi emma welcome back,I wasn't here before i've been a member for about a month or longer,hope we become good friends!!
I think that's every one Hi to every one else!!! talk later!!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #7  

Hello everybody, just wanted to drop in and say hello. This week has been crazy for me at work. Yesterday I had a horrible headache that has lingered on till today. I hope everyone is well.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #8  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone, I had a very busy day. It was good busy. I am tired but wanted to say hello to everyone.
Emma, it is nice to see you back. Hugs to you, I hope you are doing well. Take care of yourself and post a lot. We missed you.
Haylo, I do hope you are feeling better.
Linda, Erica, Barb, Kim, Trysh, Laura, Donna, and everyone else, I hope you all have a great weekend. I have a busy weekend planned, but hope to get to post.
Take care everyone.
Ann
Old 02-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #9  

Good morning!
I have a very busy day ahead with my in-laws coming for the weekend, so won't be writing one of my really long messages.
Barb has been in touch with me again and she STILL can't get on this site and post here. She's really bummed about it. Do you all have any ideas to help her?
She tells me that she gets a message that says something like "page expired" but we know that isn't so. She says she can get on any other web site but this one.
I wish I was more computer literate and could help. Donna, if I gave you her e-mail, do you think you might be able to guide her?
Linda
Old 02-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good afternoon everyone,
Linda that is a great idea about having a themed dinner. I think I will do that one night this week, as we are now on winter break, and will need some things like that to amuse ourselves.

Today is a day where I could just eat and eat. It's cold, although the sun is shining which is nice. I'm babysitting my 15 month old niece, in addition to having my own three at home. I just feel like eating today. This website though, I have found, is really my anchor. I can get on here when I'm in one of those of moods, and just kind of surf around and be inspired by you all.

We are unfortunately going out to dinner tonight. We're going to the Syracuse women's basketball game tonight and my parents want to go out to dinner. Unfortunatley I only have 8pts. left for the day. So, I'm going to really exhibit some self control. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #11  
here we go again...

S/C/G: 205.4/205.4/127.8

Height: 5'0

Hi again everyone. It's Monday here, which means WI day!!! I jumped on my parents scales the other night, and they weren't as harsh as I thought they'd be but from memory the WW scales are usually a couple of kilo's higher.

I have to admit, I don't know HOW I am going to be able to eat as well as I need to. I'm a single parent, have barely enough money to get by each week - most weeks I don't even buy meat I guess I'm going to have to go through my pantry & write down healthy meal alternatives... and make an effort to actually buy meat every week..... Or i could just become a vegetarian!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #12  
here we go again...

S/C/G: 205.4/205.4/127.8

Height: 5'0

Hello again everyone, I'm back from my WI, Gaby (DD) is in bed & I am fed, so I decided to jump online!

I now weigh 93.2kg/205.4lb. I have put on I think 4.1kg/9lb since I stopped going to WW back in September, so I'm really proud of myself - way better than I imagined I'd done!!!!

My goal weight is 58kg/127.8lb, so I still have a LONG way to go - a long long way, but I have to remember that every kg off is a kg closer to goal!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:06 AM   #13  

Firstly, I'm back. I was a bad girl this weekend, but what was I expecting with 2 family birthdays as well as company? Today is get back in shape day and move on....
Emma, I remembered that you had split with your husband around the last time we heard from you and didn't dare ask about that. So, now that you are mentioning that you are a single parent, I guess that things have not improved. I'm so sorry. I wish you the best. It's so hard bringing up a little one on your own. But, I know you love her and will do the absolute best for her.
We should brainstorm about low cost, but healthy meals, I guess. It's not only hard to get by as a single parent, but to eat healthy on top of it is even harder. I hate that the healthiest foods seem to be the most expensive ones.

I immediately think about pasta when I think of budget foods. I also think of buying a whole, small, chicken and doing several things with it. I can buy one chicken here in the US that is about $3.25. This is not what they call an "oven stuffer roaster" with is usually about $8.00 and almost like a small turkey in size, this is a small whole chicken.
If I were to roast the chicken in the oven with baked potatoes (put in a few extra for use leftover on another night) I could have a nice meal of chicken for dinner and another meal with leftovers for a second night. I could cut up what is left and do a few things with it. Perhaps sauteing an onion and some garlic and adding a bit of diced tomato (in olive oil) and then putting in leftever chicken and having that over top of pasta or rice would be nice? Then, I would take the leftover bones and little bits of meat and make a nice chicken soup out of it. As a single person (I don't know if Gabby is eating people food or not yet?) I could get something like 4 meals out of one small chicken. We pay more for the chicken when they butcher it for us and create pieces or boneless breasts. Manual labor costs money.
I'd watch for certain meat items on sale. When I was single and lived alone, I used to buy one steak that they called "top sirloin" (not sure if the terms are the same where you live?) and it's wasn't the most tender and flavorful cuts, but it was reasonably lean, at least. I would cut it in portion sizes that were about the size of a deck of cards (good time for portion control when you are trying to save money!) and wrap each piece individually and freeze them. I could buy one small steak like that for about $4.00 and make about 4 portions of it. You have to think about dividing everything you buy into smaller portions, I guess. I know it's hard.
But, if I had 4 small single servings of steak, I could have one of these as actually steak (just pan seared for ease) and then I could cut up another piece and sauteed that with olive, onion and garlic and some veggies (perhaps leftover ones tossed in?) and also serve that over pasta.
Again, just some ideas, but you can stretch certain foods really far if you try. Perhaps our other buddies here will have some other suggestions?

It's actually fun and a challenge to be inventive.

As for me, I've been so far off track this weekend, but it was a different kind of off track for me. It's not due to feeling sad and not caring about WW, it was due to family celebrations and all that stuff. That is the kind of loss of control that I feel is easier to get back on track from.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #14  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone.
Emma, it is nice to see you posting. It is great that you feel good about your weigh in. Keep posting even when you don't want to, it will help you through.
Wow Gaby is 15 months old. She must be so much fun now. It is funny you mentioned about the cost of food. My DH and I were saying we spend so much money on food. Linda had some great ideas, thanks Linda. Yesterday I bought frozen vegetables, I rarely do that, but I decided I would try. They are cheaper than the fresh ones at this time. I hope others have great ideas to cut down costs when shopping for food.

Laura, Donna, where are you, I know you could help us out here.

I think everyone could help out as we have all been in that position where we have to watch our money.

Erica, how was the basketball game and dinner? I like your idea of leaving 4-5 points for a snack in the evening. I am going to try it. Thanks

Linda, I know what you mean when you are not on track due to emotions is difficult to get back on track because you have sabotaging thoughts. When it it due to celebrating, it is easier to say I screwed up and then get back on track. Some how when emotions are removed it becomes much easier to forgive yourself.

Janelle, how are you doing? Do you have a long weekend?

Barb, Kim, and Trysh, how are you ladies doing? I do hope you all had a great weekend.

It looks like it might be a nice day here, it rained all day yesterday and most of the night. It doesn't make me want to run that is for sure. I need spring here soon, as we all do.
Have a great day.
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 02-18-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #15  

Hello,

Well I don't think I lost anything this past week and I know part of it was b/c my excercise schedule was so off. I am happy to report though that I am back on track with excercise.

Ann: No long weekend for me, I am here at work

Emma: good hearing from you.

Derry: I like you suggestions for low cost meals!!
Closed Thread