Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/191/175

Height: 5'1

Default turbo jam

hey all!

I was watching tv and i got hooked into a informerical regarding turbo jam, has anyone tried it? does it work, it is hard to stick to?

thanks for anyones help!!!
needs2droplbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I LOVE TurboJam. Well, parts of it. The parts I can do. Those are fantastic

The cardio takes a lot of coordination, which I lack... So it's taking me a long time to really get the hang of it. I can do the 'learn and burn' really well, which is where she shows you the 'elite 11' moves she uses throughout her workouts.

What I love most is TurboSculpt, which is parimarily strength training... I love love love it. It feels really great.

Chalene, the lady who created it, is really upbeat and fun to workout with. And they obviously spent a lot of time choosing the music, as it's probably the only DVD I have where the music fits perfectly with the workout and is very, very energetic.

So yes... TurboJam! I it. I only have the basic "5 Rockin' Workouts" DVD but I know there are more in the series.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/191/175

Height: 5'1

thanks for your feedback, i am kind of trying to live on a budget, so i am unsure if i want to purchase it. i have a gym membership, but somedays its so cold to go to the gym! thanks again!
needs2droplbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #4  
absolutely cuckoo

S/C/G: 175/153/133

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
I LOVE TurboJam.
Hahaha, you know as soon as I saw the subject I was ready to see you pop up on this thread

I'm jealous of you folks with room to bust out exercise dvds. Two apartments ago I had the space. I'd wait until the ex-boyfriend was out, chain the door, shut all the windows and blinds and dig out the bhangra dvd from the bottom of my underwear drawer. Oh, jeez. If you think you have no co-ordination. Search youtube for 'Masala Bhangra Workout Vol 1' and imagine my pathetic *** shrugging my shoulders going 'hup hup'.
Wires and Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #5  
I'm Big, God is Bigger!

S/C/G: 289/275/200

Height: 5'3"

I love TJ! I don't have room anymore, but I still have it if my space situation ever changes! I feel that once I got the hang of it, it was a sinch(sp)! I felt sooo good about myself and I could definetly tell a difference in my body. Good luck in your decision and you weight loss!
rachelfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires and Waves View Post
Hahaha, you know as soon as I saw the subject I was ready to see you pop up on this thread

Yeah, I'm pretty much just a one-trick pony
Old 02-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/190/170

Height: 5'11"

Yep - I think they are great workouts, too. I would check e-bay as you might be able to find them a little cheaper there. I'm so with you...it is too cold to go out to the gym in the evenings when I get the chance to workout and have been retreating to my basement instead!
InAGroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #8  
loving life

S/C/G: 160/156/135

Height: 5'3''

I bought the whole package, but only used the 5 workouts DVD. The ten days slim down program is really hard to follow if you're a beginner. I practiced on the learn and burn for 2 days before I could go onto the longer programs. I LOVE 20 Minutes and TurboSculpt. TurboSculpt was challenging at first, even without using weights, but I eventually got used to it. And it really worked, my endurance and strength improved a lot with Turbo Jam. Also it worked my upper body a lot which helped because my other cardio is walking/stationary bike. It was fun to do the workouts. And most importantly, there's not a lot of moving around. I was able to do the workout in a small tight space that's around 3x5 (ft) but I admit that I'm short, so it helped.

I like to reinforce that you should not buy the whole package. Try to find just the 5 Workouts DVD and go from there. The Ten Day Ten Pound program is really hard to follow (intense workout and meal plan that involved mostly shakes) and didn't work for me. I didn't trust the weightloss pills that came with it. I think you could use any multivitamin instead, just to give your body proper nutrients while dieting. The other DVDs are useless if you are not a hardcore jammer because you'll have to learn the new routines.
lbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #9  

Yeah, I wouldn't put any stock in the 10lbs/10days thing either. Mine didn't come with pills or anything, just a book that had a 10-day eating and exercise plan which I never even tried to follow... It was just high-protein calorie restriction. Definitely don't bother with that, we all know that kind of quick weight loss is not sustainable nor is it fat you're losing. Just go with the workouts