Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ Feb 11 - Feb 17

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:14 AM   #2  

Hello,

I'm afraid this is going to be a me post... I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. I WAS on day 10 a few nights ago and of course the dinner invitation came *sigh* Now I WANTED to turn it down but the lady who invited me had gotten me a job interview so I didn't want to be snobbish or anything. Anyhow I went there with EVERY intention of behaving myself and turned down quite a few things until the lady asked me what was the matter. I said nothing was wrong I was just trying to watch what I ate. Well didn't that bring on the fireworks!! The woman told me to quit being so stupid and eat and went off on some tangent about girls these days trying to be rail thin blah blah and then told me to eat up or she would be "grossly offended" now me being the peace keeping person I am (apart from when it comes to my BF) just did what she said to avoid any lectures or arguments. I did try to eat as little as possible but it was quite hard with her piling cr*p onto my plate and telling me to eat up. She then sent me home with FOUR boxes of chocolates which I dumped in the bin as soon as I got home. The next morning my BF and I had a huge argument and I haven't eaten properly since. Tomorrow is Tuesday here my BF and I sorted out the argument so I'm hoping that it will be my first binge free day again! I can't believe I made it to day TEN and then someone ELSE blew it for me I guess it really is my fault.

I hope everyone has had a better few days than me! I haven't wanted to post because I knew it would be rather negative so now that things are looking up I'll be back around!!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

What a great thread.
I'm new here & just made it through day "1" yesterday without a binge.

DH brought home store bought brownies and I had a moment when he had them out on the table that I was going to dig in.

I'm so glad this morning I didn't because I would have scarfed down the whole tray.

I'm going to try and get through today without extra food too
Old 02-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #4  
Chel

Height: 5'5"

ashory- I think you're doing fantastic! People just don't understand what their pushing can do to us. I would have reacted the same way. I hate confrontation. And it's to the point that I don't go to my folks house even though I miss them because I know what will happen. You did great getting rid of the chocolates... that took a lot of strength! Something like that can set the strongest off in a bad direction. You're doing great, sweetie... don't let it get ya too down and keep movin' forward.

susie- good job on day 1! AND resisting those brownies.

Well, I was missing in action for a couple of days, huh? It's been... uh... not so good. I've pretty much been on a 3 day binge eating everything in amounts that made me sick and to top it off I haven't worked out or went running since Friday. Not good. But it's a new day, right?

I'm trying to get my family (husband to agree with me) on board. Sis had whole grain pancakes with strawberries for breakfast... instead of Eggos and syrup. She didn't like the idea at first but gobbled it up. SUCCESS!! Then, I made J a good healthy green smoothie for the road. I told him to take the darn cinnamon rolls with him. He bought 'em... take 'em out of here!!! So, Sis and are in a house full of healthy food. I AM GOING TO DO IT TODAY! TODAY IS DAY 1!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Wow!!! I had a moment yesterday and was feeling bad and found this thread today.

I have been doing great with my diet weight coming off consistently and then yesterday happened. I don't know I was at home and asked hubby to buy me some Sugar Free Russel Stovers candy I ate the whole bag (5 candies) then the next thing I know I started binging I ended up eating a lean cuisine, 2 personal microwave pizzas, 2 sugar free pudding cups, TBSp of peanut butter, handful of wheat thins, handful of cheetos, 2 no sugar added fudgesicles, 3 -16.9 bottles of crystal light, and pasta with my dinner.

I wanted to cry b/c I was not in control I have lost 17 lbs since January, eating right and working out 5x a week no cravings and BAM!!! I lost it just like that. I was depressed the rest of the day and dreaded getting on the scale but I did and was not pleased nor surprised by what I saw.

Today is a new day and I am back on track but a part of me still feels like I just took 5 steps backwards. I realize that I have to stay away from trigger foods including surgar free candy.

I'm glad I found this thread I really needed to get this out and to find others going through the same thing is a plus (I mean not that I would wish this on anyone)
Old 02-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #6  

Ashory......

I am sorry you had to go through that I can't believe someone had the nerve to speak to you that way and basically force the food on you. You just never know until you're faced with it. I really hope you get back on track full force with no more binges. Good Luck!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #7  

Project chel,
Good job on getting rid of the junk food and stocking up on healthier choices, that breakfast sound delish!!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Ash,

OH MY, that's just unbelievable. I don't know what I would have done besides flipped out or melted down. I think you have every right to not accept if she invites you again- that's just ridiculous of her. I know how one event like that can be triggering... she was basically slapping you and your ideas in the face. I'm so proud of you for dumping those chocolates in the trash! Sorry about the fighting, and I hope you can get back on track- I'm gonna write to you soon!

Everyone else, STAY STRONG! I'd love to reply to everyone but I've been working all morning and now I have to get to class, so I hope everyone is doing well!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #9  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Good morning, Everyone - it's good to see you all here.

Boogie, WELCOME! Glad you found us. This is the place to come when you're feeling badly about what you ate and want to make a commitment to eating better in the future. Yesterday is behind you, anything you can do about it. Today is Day 1! I am glad you have decided to join us on this one-week no binge challenge. I know you can do it.

Chel - fell off the wagon, huh? Bummer... But you certainly are starting the week of the right way. Good for you, getting hubby to get those nasty cinnamon buns out of the house. It's a brand new week, Girl, and a shiny new wagon to climb on. You can do it!

Ash, what you are describing sounds horrible. People simply don't understand what we are facing, do they? I can understand that under the circumstances that you were in (a. wanting to be gracious in someone else's home, and b. wanting to put your best foot forward cuz the woman might be a potential job resource for you), you really did the very best you could. The way you describe the situation, I'm not sure that I would even call it a "binge." You had dinner at someone else home, she sent you home with a bunch of crap and you threw it out. Well done! We all are allowed to eat dinner, and enjoy what's put in front of us - especially when we are a guest. Where it gets dangerous is if we then eat a whole bunch of extra stuff, especially in private when no one is looking. Sounds like that's not what you did. In fact, you threw the stuff out. In my opinion, based on the info you presented, I think rather than being hard on yourself, you have good reason to be proud of yourself!!!! Besides - you made it to 10 days - that is fantastic! At any rate, today is the start of a new week. You go, Girl!

Susie - Congrats on avoiding those brownies. Funny... storebought brownies aren't even all that good, are they? And yet - because they are there, they keep calling. Good for you for not answering that call. Just put them someplace where you can't see them. Glad you're working on Day 2.

Personally, doing well here. Feeling good and strong and so far binge-free. Looking forward to racking up a new week.

Hugs to all,
Old 02-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Ash, I'm with Brigit - good for you for throwing those chocolates out! It is SO frustrating when people don't just take no for an anser when it comes to food. I don't know why people are like that? We shouldn't have to explain why we chose not to eat something, but we always do. Drives me crazy!

K-boogie, at least you learned that sf candy is a trigger for you! Good luck to you this week

Chel, sorry you didn't have such a good weekend. But good for you for getting all the junk out of the house. That is half the battle for me! You can do it!

Susie - good job on resisting the brownies!!

Brigit, glad you are feeling so strong!!!

Things are so-so here. Saturday wasn't good, but did well Sunday & I'm working on day 2. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what is causing my binges right now. I'm just feeling overwhelmed & over-stressed about life in general & I guess I'm trying to use food as a comfort. But I'm not finding it comforting... Before, food would comfort me (at least temporarily), but now it's like when I'm on a binge, I expect to feel comfort, but instead it's like a bottomless pit (the satisfaction & comfort never come). I don't feel like I even taste the food.

Anyway, just rambling, trying to figure this all out. Hopefully this week brings success to us all!

Last edited by ClydieCat; 02-11-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #11  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Clydie - Hon, it's really great that you have come to realize that the food no longer comforts you. That's real progress! Now that you have realized that, you know that there is no longer ANY benefit to overeating. There used to be a benefit (comfort), but that's no longer true. Sooooo - why do it?

Have you given thought to what you can do instead? Have you tried some of the tricks that others talk about, like journaling or calling a friend/sponsor? Keeping a food diary? Going for a walk when you hear the food calling, or taking a nice warm bath? Maybe just going to bed? Buying yourself a pretty bunch of flowers? Anyway, glad you're working on Day 2 - that's great. I hope the rest of the week won't be such a struggle for you. There's nothing worse than having to white-knuckle our way thru those food urges, but sometimes there's just no other way.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

ashory - Sorry to hear about that! That lady sounds like she had good intentions, but she was awfully rude to you, and she was fighting the wrong battle. Hopefully in the future you will be able to deal with a situation like that in a more positive manner.
for dumping the chocolates! You're going to do great with getting back on track

susiemartin - Good for you for avoiding temptation! Get that day #2 under your belt

Chel - It's great that you're back on track And good on you for getting your family to try healthy things!

K-boogie - :congrat3: on the eating right, working out and 17 lbs lost! You've done so well - you had one bad day, and now it's time to get back to what you've been doing right for so long. We can't be perfect all the time...we're human. You learned something, right? Now you'll know to avoid your trigger foods, and that it's really not worth it to make yourself feel so low after you've been working so hard and feeling so good.

djs06 - I hope you don't have too much homework Make sure to take care of yourself (from one super busy student to another )

Birgit - You're doing awesome! You're so well-spoken, it's great to have you to say what I mean to and never can

ClydieCat - I can relate so much to the last bit of your post. I felt that way on my last few binges, as well. You're going to figure this all out, and in no time, you'll be back on track. I believe in you!

Harpo - How have you been doing?

As for me... I haven't been bingeing, but I've been eating a LOT of unsalted nuts and cheese. It's like I can't get enough protein. I'm not sure at this point if I'm getting too much fat, or if I just need it. In the past, nuts have been a binge trigger for me...

Super busy, super tired, a little stressed...what's new?? Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

KBoogie, I know exactly how you feel, trust me! I think all of us do! When you think you've finally gotten past something it's the worst feeling in the world if it comes back, even just one. Keep your head up and keep moving forward though, you're doing great! We know you can do it.

Chel, you are right, it's a new day! Good for you for getting rid of your triggers!

Birgit, you're awesome! What day are you on now?

Clydie, what you described is the weirdest part about binges for me. I used to like just stuffing my face, but now it's like.. this desperation that becomes bigger than myself. I eat things I don't even enjoy, and I don't ENJOY overeating. So I know where you are right now and I know how hard it is. Just remember that tomorrow's a new day and we all know you can do it.

Penelope, :congrats: I'm so proud of you for staying strong. Don't worry about too much fat and all that just yet- you're probably right, you might need the protein. It sounds like yuo're dealing with your new plan very well.

Argh you girls, I feel really triggered right now and I don't know why. I weighed in this morning and lost 3.8 pounds in the last week. I've been working SO HARD and exercising every day. After class tonight I went with a friend to CVS and saw all the Valentine's day candy and just wanted to SOAK in it. I wasn't even going to eat my planned dinner (I had enough calories for the day- on days when I have class for long periods I bring lots of snacks- and I wasn't hungry) but I ate it and all of a sudden I was dying to eat everything in the fridge, whether I liked it or not. This is honestly the first time I've tried so hard to foil a binge. I'm on day 11 and I can't screw up now! Last week was my first full binge free week in probably years and I want to make it through my second. I will just never understand why I keep wanting to sabotage myself when I'm doing so well. UGH. Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies, I'm sitting here with tea and a few root beer barrels and trying to root myself into my deskchair.

Last edited by djs06; 02-11-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #14  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

hey chickies--
i cant decide if i'm physically hungry now so i am going to eat some sugar free popsicles and go to bed...and maybe actually be hungry for breakfast tmrw instead of being stuffed from the nite before binge...

woo hoo!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I WANTED to drink more then 4 oz of wine tonight, I drank 2 oz and threw the rest out and didn't drink another glass. Imagine 3-4 glasses, the calories, how I'd feel, the munchies I'd get. I'm binge free so far this week...
Closed Thread