Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 11:32 AM   #1  

Angry Bipolar Meds caused 40 pound gain

Is anyone else here taking drugs for Bipolar Disorder? I gained 40 pounds on Depakote, and am looking for a buddy or for support. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:22 AM   #2  
Dave Matthews Addict

Meigg,
The meds I take for my bp have caused me to balloon.... especially my Zyprexa. In fact, I've gone off of it because of the weight gain side effect, and have switched to Topamax, hoping to see some weight loss. Feel free to e-mail me or PM me on this board when you get this message.... I could use a bp weight loss buddy, because we certainly face unique challenges!
Old 03-17-2002, 01:49 PM   #3  

Default Dieting with Health Problems

Meigg: I am interested in your problems with weightloss and the taking of meds for bipolar (psychotropic meds). Are you still taking your meds and losing weight or did you have to stop your meds to lose weight on this lo carbo plan Sugarbusters!?
Closed Thread