General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #1  

Default What is your idea of the perfect Valentine's Day Date?

I know what I'm doing this year is not quite my ideal date -- but if I could do whatever I want here it is --

I would surprise my husband with a trip to Hawaii (he's always wanted to go), plan a romantic dinner on the beach, with lots of candles talk about "us" instead of the kids for a change, remember our "dating days", how we met, etc. I think I would like to be thin in this little dream too!! Take a midnight walk on the beach....

Last edited by shelby897; 02-06-2008 at 08:56 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

sounds fun....right now i think mine would be anything with out the kids
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

maybe i'm a bumhumbug but i've always thought valentines day was a bit corny. I think its an overrated holiday. I love my hubby no matter what and we show each other ways daily. We still have great romantic dates. I guess if i had to choose a romatic date (any day of the year, not just v-day) is watching the sun set in the mountains. But i want to do that anytime (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #4  

Personally, I'm the same way -- I think Valentine's day is to make single people depressed and to stress out significant others!! Every day we should be showing our SO how important they are But, without it the stores would have to go from Christmas to Easter without their extra millions of dollars!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

I dunno about a Valentine's specific date, but I think a lovely afternoon walking a trail and a fruit, veggie & cheese picnic is always fun!

Or going to a show/musical/live entertainment.

Or, simply a hotel room.... nuff said.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #6  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

This is my first Valentine's Day being married, and I'm most excited about just being together...I don't care what we do or what we buy each other. Maybe we'll go play on a playground.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

my ideal date would be to actually have a date?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

What I do every V-DAy...nothing. Another one here that thinks it is over rated. We do go out to dinner a few days before but that's about it. I get him a little something, he gets me something and it's a day like every other day. I guess to me it is just a silly day for little kids. I remember loving it in grade school...the party and handing out valentines but as an adult it's nothing special. I don't need a day on the calendar for my hubby to show me he loves me...he does every day as I do to him.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #9  

My perfect Valentine's Day would be to stay at home, cook dinner with my SO and watch a funny movie! But, he is in law school far away from me now so I will be alone on Valentine's Day this year - we are going to celebrate on Saturday though when I go to visit him! I want to send him a cute little something on the 14th though so he gets something from me - I think this is cute from 1-800-Flowers.com - http://ww21.1800flowers.com/product....&cm_cid=d10593
It's like a message in a bottle! Cute?
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I don't like valentine's day but it'd just be nice if my husband got off of work before 8pm
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 281/231/181

Height: 5'7"

I'd like to take hubby on a long weekend up to the Smokey Mtns in our rv. We would find a campground to park it and enjoy just being together - all alone. Hey, when you have 6 kids(4 at home) couple time can be scarce.
MrsEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote