Weight Loss Support - Best tunes to work out to...

View Full Version : Best tunes to work out to...

DeliciousBoo
02-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I am just compiling some new tunes so I can start exercising a bit more often and I am lacking inspiration....so I was hoping you fine folks could tell me what tunes get your toes tapping and get you moving when your exercising.

Thanks in advance Boo X

Scarlett
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I haven't really been working out all that much but I love listening to Destiny's Child/Beyonce. Makes me want to dance and think about dancing in a bar and going out. At the moment my favorite jam is "Get me bodied" by beyonce...I like the line "A little sweat and never hurt nobody"

baffled111
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Hiya,

There are several threads to this effect down in the Exercise Forum. Perhaps check them out (do a search) for some suggestions. :)

Glory87
02-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I like FAST songs that really keep me moving. Here is my current playlist (definitely a child of the 80s):

Pink - Get the Party Started
Grease - Better Shape Up (I always sing "I better shape up!")
Vickie Sue Robinson - Turn the Beat Around
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero (I am the hero!!)
Escape Club - Wild Wild West
Michael Sembello - Maniac (I'm a maniac, maniac...on the ellipti-cal)
Pretty Poison - Catch Me I'm Falling
Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls Need Love Too
Culture Club - I'll Tumble For Ya
Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (I just think of her gorgeous abs the entire song)
Tom Jones - Sex Bomb (Peppermint Jam remix, very fast!)
Bony M - Rasputin (relatively obscure 70s disco band, my parents had the 8 Track when I was a kid, so there is huge nostalgia factor. Definitely a good, fast workout song)
W-O-R-K - Bow Wow Wow in the USA
Miquel Brown - So Many Men
Irene Cara - Fame
Expose - Point of No Return
Tag Team - Whoop, There It Is!
Jamiroquai - Canned Heat
Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
Paul Lekakis - Boom Boom Boom Let's Go Back to My Room
Christina Aguillera - Figher Remix
J. J. Fad - Super Sonic (the S is for SUPER!!)
Expose - Come Go With Me
2 In A Room - Wiggle It
Sheila E - Glamorous Life
Stronger - Kanye West
Remember the Name - Fort Minor
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

ChunkyDunker
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Thank you Glory for taking the time to write that out! You've given me lots of ideas for my ipod!! :)

lumifan4ever
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I like "Dontcha" by Pussycat dolls. My class instructor uses alot of today's and yesterdays pop hits speed up with some techno beats behind them. I loved the cd mix she had the other day with Brittney's "oops I did it again" and Madonna's "Papa don't preach" and Pussycat Dolls "Button's". All very cool when speed up with a techno beat. I like "Let's get the party started" by Pink too. Its a favorite. I like things that are fast and sometimes sort of hard. Dang....I need to get a new battery for my mp3 player!!!!

Glory87
02-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Thank you Glory for taking the time to write that out! You've given me lots of ideas for my ipod!! :)

No problem, I also love "Too Much Booty in the Pants" by 2 Live Crew - it is FAST but hilarious.

sotypical
02-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I saw this 3 cd pack at costco that was called cardio mix or something, and it was a bunch of songs mixed to be upbeat to work out to. They had some samples playing, it looks kinda good :)

It was less then $15, I was just too cheap to buy it that day!

Catmint
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I have about 10 different mixes on my iPod. I walk for an hour on the treadmill so it keeps things from getting boring.

Some favorites when they pop up after I hit "Shuffle" are anything by Fergie, some old-school Clash and Joe Strummer, Avril Lavigne, my 80s mix, Train, and a hard-core heavy metal mix for the days when I really don't feel like exercising.

DeliciousBoo
02-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks all, some fab ideas. A big thanks to Glory87 that list must have taken a while to type X X

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/198/140/188/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)