Old 02-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 20-somethings WEEKLY chat, Feb 04-11

I went back and looked at the poll in Tuesday's thread -- The vote was 17 to 20 in favor of the weekly chat. (Well, it should have been 18 to 19 for weekly because I was dumb and pushed the wrong button, but either way weekly wins!) We'll do this again and see what happens. If it becomes unmanageable, maybe we could do bi-weekly chats? Or is that too much work? Oh, so much trouble for such a simple thing.

Anyway, just startin' the thread, be back in a bit...
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend. If you saw my photos in the 20-somethings photo gallery - then you know I went skydiving and had a blast...I still cannot believe I did it...crazy amanda!

My weight is still going down this week! yay for unexpected weight loss. I mean...I'm trying to get rid of it and all...but I have already dropped 2lbs this week and it's only Monday! I saw -50lbs on Saturday and -51lbs on Sunday...I actually saw the scale go to -52lbs on Sunday...but I'm not counting on that until I see that 2 days in a row...I can't be doing that well! Ha!

Can't wait to get to the gym tonight...I didn't work out very hard on Friday since I knew I was skydiving on saturday and did not want to test my limits...so besides skydiving and a ton of house cleaning on Sunday...not too much of a workout for me lately...but that is okay...basically because I workout pretty hard 5 days a week.

Well, hoping everyone had as great a weekend as I did...
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #3  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

I hope everyone had a good weekend as well. Besides dissapointing myself with stuffing my face last night, mine was great!

looking forward to a better week, less slipping, more exercise and hopefully seeing a good # next Monday.

Have a great week!
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I had a fantastic weekend... with lots of activity. Can't quite beat skydiving, though! I biked about 7 miles and spent all of Sunday pressing apples into cider and chasing my 3 1/2 year old niece. I was physically worn out by the end of yesterday, it was all I could do to fix up my lunch for today and fall into bed. I have something of a headache now, I think from lack of good sleep this weekend and way too much fun That's a good problem to have, though! I'm very proud of the loss I saw on Saturday, and am going to be doing my best to see a similar result this weekend.

gatoramanda: I saw your pics in the other thread, talk about awesome!! I think going hot air ballooning is going to be a big enough challenge for me, no mention of throwing myself out of a plane. I'm sure I'd pee myself. And WTG on the weight loss, that is FANTASTIC!!

illbehotoneday: good for you getting back on track. You know what you need to do I bought some enchilada sauce last night so I'm definitely committed to trying your recipe out tomorrow night
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #5  
I just need motivation.

Thanks! I am so annoyed right now. So my girlfriend and I were going to get the family plan at a new gym-which gives me 50% off my monthly payment. That was the only way I could afford a gym membership. I just got a call saying that we couldn't do the family plan because we "aren't family." We have to be "family living within the same residence" WELL HELLO...we have been together for years and we've lived together for 2. How is she not family? SO I guess if I don't get discriminated on for being fat at a gym, they'd find something to hinder me.

I CANT WIN today! haha...wow, TOM moment definately.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #6  

Good morning!

I totally hear ya illbehotoneday on the tempting Superbowl food, which is why I decided before I got to my party that I was not going to eat there. I stayed until 1/2 time sipping on diet coke and then went home and made a salad and a lean cuisine. I just can't handle food parties like that, I know myself too well.

You know what I hate? Going out for lunch at work. I'm in Advertising so it is almost required as a way to build relationships. Personally, I'd rather just bring my own food. That way I can eat what I want to eat and be healthy. I feel like whenever you go to a restaurant they always just throw butter and oil onto stuff for the fun of it.

So this weekend I am going out for my friend's birthday and she chose a Tapas place hmmm. Freaking out a bit but don't want to say anything because it's her birthday and she loves Tapas. Besides wanting to be healthy I don't eat fish. Here's the link to the menu. Any suggestions? I figure I should probably just get my own plate rather than try and share a couple of plates (more likely to eat less if I only eat my food).
http://sangriachicago.com/Downloads/SangriaMenu4_2.pdf
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/300/190

Height: 5'11

Morning all!

illbehotoneday: That is absolutely the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Some people just get so wrapped up in policies and rules. Maybe you can find something that works out for you!

Amanda: You're one brave girl! I wish I had the guts to do something like that! Maybe when I lose some weight...awesome pictures!

My weekend was rather busy. I hardly had time to eat anything yesterday, which I guess is good and bad? It's just that natural calorie cycling, or whatever they call it . I just ordered one of the frim kits from amazon. I'm so excited for it to get here, until then I'll keep on keeping on with my dollar tree workout DVD! I cleaned out my closet last night, and tried on alot of clothes that I hadn't put on in a while, and was SO thrilled to see that so many of them were -way- too big, (Which means more room for more clothes!) and things that had been too snug, fit great! That is such and awesome feeling...

Have a great day, guys!
JourneytoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Morning all!

Like most other people, I fell off the wagon for super bowl. I enjoyed every minute of it though. I don't even follow football but I had a great time. Saturday night my cousin, his wife, my bf and I went out for drinks then to the theatre. We saw a play called "Our Town". Different, but really good. There was no set a side from a couple of chairs and two tables and the actors mimed everything. It was amazing. I've done a lot of work in theatre (not as an actor) and I know how difficult a play like that can be. I really enjoyed it and it was nice to get out and do something different for a change.

illbehot That sucks about the gym membership. The two of you are no less a family then anyone else. I know that the only way I can afford my gym membership is b/c I'm under a spousal membership with my father. It sounds creepy, but hey it took my member ship fees from $70 a month to $35.

CookieMonster I know what you mean about restaurant food. I eat dinner out at least twice a week. Not to mention client meetings at lunch. It's tough. As far as dinner goes, I'd either get the salad sampler, or one of the skewers. Thought I'm interested to see what other people suggest.

I'll be by again later.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Happy Monday!

Well the weekend went um not as bad as it could have. I didn’t have a bunch of Superbowl snacks which is good (actually I didn’t even watch the superbowl, normally that would have been a huge excuse for snacking and drinking). I did however succumb to an evil punckiz (sp?). But again I only had one and actually as they go it was on the small size. But boy did it make me sick to my stomach. After I ate it my stomach was making a bunch of noise and “my sister was like is that your stomach? Wow it sounds bad” But I’m still sitting pretty at 169 which is good.

Gator – Wow ski diving, amazing, I want to go so bad but haven’t been able to do it. I have to get the money and the guts. At least now I am at a weight were I can do it when I want.

Illbehotoneday – At least you recognized that you go off track. Good job on getting back on track. That sucks about the gym but I know some places are just picky like you have to have the same last name and all that stuff. Do you have a YMCA in your area I know their rules are lest strict.

Jamie – One of the greatest feelings is being able to chase around my nephew and play with him. I know I couldn’t have done that before the loss, I’m gald you were able to play with your neice.

Cookie – I know what you mean about having to go out to lunch. I hate when I have to go to meetings that provide lunch, because it always seems to be greasy pizza. Yuck! I looked at the menu you posted, my two cents would be to go with the chicken skewers, lots of veggies, doesn’t appeared to be fried, so at least it wont be so bad.

Journeytome – itsn’t it great to have give away clothing because they are too big on you. Amazing! I either gave or threw (clothing that was too big with holes or stains) away a total of 10 trash bags when I moved and it felt amazing.

Shantroy – I laughed at the spousal member with your father because when I was in Vegas with sister and brother for a wedding in October he and I were fake spouses when we went to look at timeshares because you had to be at least 25 or married and you needed two people to get the free tickets. So no judgment here.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #10  
I just need motivation.

hah! The owner of the gym called me. She said "OH it would be no problem, there must have been a misunderstanding with the person at the front desk. You can be on a family plan, come by this afternoon and l'll take care of it personally"

Then I found out that they had called my house first before my cell phone and had talked to my mom. My mom had given her a piece of her mind and the owner was just in shock because she didn't know that we were "partners" and she put it...the lady at the front desk said we were roommates and were trying to scam on their family deal. hahah.

That is so funny..>GO MOM!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #11  

Hahaha that's awesome illbehotoneday! Power to the mommy!!

I'm counting calories, any idea on how many calories the chicken skewer at that restaurant I posted above would be....?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

I'm so ticked off at one of my co-workers right now. Our office is in the midst of organizing boths and presentations for several of the techers conventions through out the province. I'd been asked to help out at a convention on valentines day. Not a problem, I frequently help out a tradeshows and conventions. I get a call this morning wonerding how many people will be attending the convention from our office and who will be presenting the 2 hr seminar. Since I'm not entirely sure I go ask the sales guy who's account is the public school board. I find out that I'm likely going to be the only person at the convention and I'm going to be presenting the seminar!!!! Uh, HELLO!?! When were you planning on telling me this? I'm not nervous about presenting I do that daily, but I need to know these things in advance so I can figure out what I'm going to say. FRICKIN' H3LL
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #13  
absolutely cuckoo

S/C/G: 175/153/133

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoramanda View Post
Good morning ladies!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend. If you saw my photos in the 20-somethings photo gallery - then you know I went skydiving and had a blast...I still cannot believe I did it...crazy amanda!
Amanda. You are an inspiration! I looked at those pictures and something came over me and I said I'm going to do that. I may wait 'til I'm back in the US 'cause it's much cheaper over there, but who knows... I may be posting pictures from Oslo in April.

You only live once, right?

I have a little wager with my grandfather. We have the same birthday (March 13th) and the same fondness for rich food. The money's on 10lbs. I am a student and my finances are streeeeeetched so you know I have to win!

Back to Freud and a box of tissues. Two colds in two months is just wrong.
Wires and Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/155/142

Height: 5'10"

I had my alarm go off @ 5:30 this morning grabbed my gym bag and went to go start the car it's -12f here and it won't start...

BUT it's my day off today, so I will make it there!

Maybe...

Grr. Motivation is going to be a tough one today.

BUT I lost another pound this week so that helps kinda

Last edited by scandalouschicky; 02-04-2008 at 01:05 PM.
scandalouschicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #15  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Yay! I'm actually near the top of a weekly chat. Even though I've lived in this city since August, this is the first Monday (one of my days off) that I've spent here by myself....ever. So, I'm trying to simultaneously relax and get things done. I need to clean and work on my boyfriends valentine's day present (which he will be getting Monday since we can't be together on vday.) I got a little..book making thing. So its kind of a mini-scrap book. I know, I'm lalala-lame.

Tonight, I'm going to sculpting class and try to get in an hour of cardio to make up for straying yesterday during the game.

ok i have to go. The new kitty has put herself between me and the laptop trying to cuddle.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote