Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default surgery date stands at this Monday Feb. 4th

I was hoping for an earlier date but it just isn't going to happen. I go for my pre-op appointment with the surgeon tomorrow and then after it's off to the hospital for the scope of the upper GI, blood work, x-rays and what ever else they want. I have cleared the whole day.

Ok remember that peaceful feeling I had a few days ago? The one that I said would shatter with a thought if I let it?

I LET IT SHATTER!!!!!

I have been handleing the stress by working out with my daughter at the YMCA every other day for 2 hours...Yesterday, I walked 2 miles, 15 minutes on the arm bike to help slim my upper arms (I'm not sure what else to call it,...it's a bike that you peddle with your arms?), used the machines for abs and thighs and stretched Yogo style for 30 minutes! I guess you might call it a NSV but I think it's just nervous energy!

Anyway, I am sure that this rollercoaster of emotion is normal (not something you can say about me too often!) and I will be back to calm and contented soon enough.

Thanks for being here for me you guys, it helps so much! Except for Nanj.....oh sure leave me when I need you!!!!!!!

Kidding sweetie, I take comfort knowing you will be back soon.

Thanks,

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 01-29-2008 at 02:29 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

WOW!!!!!!!! it's almost here! i have another business trip friday/saturday this week, and when i get back, you'll be just about ready to go!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #3  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

How exciting!

Which surgery are you having?
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Thanks! RNY gastic bypass
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: (324/238/175) New 310/310/200

Height: 5'5"

Default Wow-I'd be pooping planks!

but i hope to be in your shoes someday! I hope everything goes so great for you!

My surgeon of choice's office left a message on my cell-dang landline's not working-to schedule some appointments! I saw a gyn for the first time today and asked if he'd be willing to write a letter of medical necessity for the insurance and he agreed. Cool!

Have to do the food journal, though. Well, step by step. Maybe this thing will go smoothly cuz I don't need more stress.
merryterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 350/215/180ish

Height: 5'6

Oh my word I amlost missed this post!!!

I am SOOOO Happy for you!!! Please keep us posted when you get home. I will pray for skilled hands and a speedy recovery for you!!!

I'm still waiting for my date....LOL!!!
FlourGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #7  
Jersey Girl

S/C/G: 486/272.8/210

Height: 5'4"

Tomorrow's the BIG DAY!!!!!!

I will pray that everything goes perfectly for you, and that you are successful beyond your wildest dreams!!

YOU GO GIRL!!
whgrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #8  
my girls

S/C/G: 379/341/180

Height: 5'7

good luck! all will be well, and you can join the rest of the skinny world one day with me. ha ha
mistymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #9  

Default HI how exciting

HI Haven't been here in a few days.So congratulations to you,everything is done by now,I can't wait to hear how great you are doing?
take care
Kim e
seabreez2000 is offline   Reply With Quote