General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default To those who wear croc shoes, a question...

I wear a size 7.5 in reg shoes. It says a small is 6-7 and med is 8-9 in crocs, so i'm unsure of which size to get. are they sopose to fit snug or are they sopose to be a little loose fitting?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

You can definately get the 6-7. I'm also a 7.5 and I wore my bf's mom's size 6. They run kinda big or so I think. I would suggest maybe going to a store and just trying them on, but I think the 6-7 will be just fine that way they don't flop on and off your feet. I like them to fit more snug so that I can get on and off the boat (what I mainly use them for) if I would've gotten the 8-9 they flop off my feet. Hope this helps
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #3  
I See Less Every Day

Get the 6-7. I think they run a bit big too.
clessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

My Crocs are only for a single size. Are you buying the actual Croc brand? I haven't see any that had dual (6-7, 8-9, etc) sizes. I wear a full size smaller in mine. Another brand my fit differently. And boy they fit like a dream. I feel like I'm walking on marshmallows!

If they fit right, your heel will sit right inside the heel cup. If your heel rubs along the edge, they are too small. Also, you will 'feel right'. They are curved for arch support, and your foot should feel a natural fit when you put them on. They won't be floppy, but they will probably have more room than you are used to having in regular shoes because the footbed is wider so the toes have room to naturally spread out. This is good for the feet, and will help prevent future problems with the foot and ankle.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:08 AM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

It also depends on what style of Crocs you are buying. It is a bit strange but I cannot fit the regular "beach" model (which I believe is unisex sizing) in a size 9, but I can fit the Mary Jane model in size 9 which is made specifically for women. The closed toe on the beach model is a little too snug for comfort in a size 9, but the size 10 is just way too big, whereas the Mary Jane's fit like a dream! I still love them--and I don't care who knows it . I would really suggest just going to a store and trying on the ones you like. You never know what styles you're going to find, and there are a lot more to choose from too.

Of course the sandal and slipper models which have open toes are not a problem in my regular size...I must have weird toes

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-28-2008 at 02:08 AM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
My Crocs are only for a single size. Are you buying the actual Croc brand? I haven't see any that had dual (6-7, 8-9, etc) sizes. I wear a full size smaller in mine. Another brand my fit differently. And boy they fit like a dream. I feel like I'm walking on marshmallows!

If they fit right, your heel will sit right inside the heel cup. If your heel rubs along the edge, they are too small. Also, you will 'feel right'. They are curved for arch support, and your foot should feel a natural fit when you put them on. They won't be floppy, but they will probably have more room than you are used to having in regular shoes because the footbed is wider so the toes have room to naturally spread out. This is good for the feet, and will help prevent future problems with the foot and ankle.

Yes, they are the actual croc name brand. and they are the uni sex ones, beach i think they are called.

Some ppl wear socks with crocs, don't they? I wonder how much more room I would have should I want to wear socks with them....
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I've got two different sizes of crocks -- one for wearing with bare feet and the other for wearing with fairly heavy socks -- works out well for me.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #8  
I feel blah..

S/C/G: 217.5/193.0/140

Height: 5'3"

If you read on Zappos, they suggest going a size down from what you wear.
Also if they are a lil snug, you can throw them in the dryer for a couple minutes and then you can stretch them anyway you want!!! So throw them in the dryer and put them immediately on your feet so they cool off formed to your foot shape.
Sneeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I wear 8 1/2 and my crocs read women's 8/9 men's 6/7 on the bottom and mine are loose, in fact when I bought them I first thought they might be to big but now I"m used to it and wouldn't have them any smaller, besides if they are a little loose just put the little thingy that goes back and forth on the shoe behind your heal, i always wear mine in front though that thing kinda bothers me when it's behind my heal,but it helps them fit a little snugger!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote