WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/165/143

Height: 5"8.5

Default Wendie Plan

Hi all,
I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm going to start the Wendie Plan in the next few days, and I'm a bit worried about it. The thing is, I gained some weight over Christmas, and am now finding my 20pts/day allocation leaves me very hungry all day! The Wendie Plan kinda looks too good to be true, but I've heard a lot of good things, so I'll see how I go. I like to idea of having different pts each day. If anyone has any tips/advice, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
Diana the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:42 AM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb It works

Like any other plan, it works if you work it the way it was meant to be. I would still be diligent though about eating as healthy as you can though. I found it too easy for me when I was following the WW Flex or Wendie Plan to be including a lot of "unhealthy" foods. Left to my devices I wasn't eating as balanced food plan as I thought I was. It was too easy for me to say, "Well, I am in my point range so I'm following my plan". Well, yes and no.

1)Still remember that the Core of your food plan or any food plan you follow to both lose weight and regain health must be balanced. That means, eating your veggies too which is my downfall even though I like vegetables and eat them regularly.
2) Learn to eat and enjoy healthy snacks instead of falling back on the junk we ate in the past. My definition of a healthy snack is something that is wholesome, Nature-made not man-made, and will contribute to your overall health not take away.
3)I consider myself a disciplined person but even I found myself "wandering" when I was following either of these plans. Yes, on the onset it seemed great that one day a week I could go out to eat and eat almost double my points but I found it that much harder to resume the lower points that precede and follow that day. Once I began eating more and mostly of the kinds of foods that seem to trigger cravings, I was setting myself up for falling off my plan.
4)It seems we all want to find a food plan that will allow us to eat more than a normal portion size but as for me that was my problem to begin with. I wanted to "super size" everything I put into my mouth except of course vegetables.

Now, I am eating a plan that allows me eat moderate portions of a variety of foods. I am losing weight and building a more healthy me. If you can acheive that with this plan, then you will have succeeded where I seemed to have failed to do.

Good luck
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #3  

There is no need to be hungry on 20 points a day (I only get 18) if you chose your foods wisely. Fruits, vegetables, protein, whole grains and dairy keep you full. Post a day's menu so we can see where we can help you.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Diana, are you using your Flex points each week? If you add 5 a day, that would give you 25 points. I do think different people have different satiety levels, and understand how you could be hungry, depending on your metabolism, activity level, etc. Also, don't forget your activity points. While facing hunger the way you are, maybe you should use all the points you are allowed right now. Anyway, good luck!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

All the other stuff aside, I'm currently following the Wendie plan too. I just started this week so I can't really tell what it's doing for me -- all I know is that I needed to be eating more than my base allocation of points and I'm terrible at "adding in" flex points -- this way I don't feel like I'm eating more than I ought to (as I did if I ate flex points), since I just assign each day a different target.

I agree with pmatga, though, make sure you don't use your super-high day as an excuse to go bonkers Eat your normal, sensible foods. I end up having an extra snack and a special dessert or an extra serving of lunch or dinner on my SHD, just to get my points up that high. But it's still stuff that I would incorporate on my regular days, I just eat more
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

I followed the Wendie plan starting about week 3 of WW. I was part of a WW group where I work and I kept that info to myself since the group leader really frowned on the WP. However, I was the only person in my group to consistently lose 1-2 lbs a week and the only one to reach goal. Was it the plan, or was I just ready to get the job done. Who knows? If you do decide to do the Wendie plan, just be sure to make sure your activity corolates with the points your eating. On your high day, you should be getting lots of exercise; on the low day, less. If I knew I had a big event coming up, I would make that my high day then make up for it the rest of the week.

But don't forget: Those high days have to balance out with low ones and it takes some willpower to be sure everything comes out even at the end of the week!
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:56 AM   #7  

Thanks very much everyone, that's some good, common-sense advice. I'm doing really well so far, and I had a 35 point day yesterday, and didn't eat any junk! So that was good, just had some extra food at each meal. It remains to be seen whether this will lead to a loss. Meanwhile, I'm going to check out my quiz again, make sure I don't owe myself more points! It would explain the hunger!!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #8  

I went to my monthly WI yesterday and received the handouts for weeks 1-3. I took the quiz and was very surprised to see that I should have been eating 24 pts instead of 21. I don't think I'll change though. It's pretty rare for me to need an extra 21 points over a week since I use my activity and most of my flex points each week. If I lose too fast I have a hard time stabilizing to keep it off. - Theresa
Old 01-30-2008, 07:11 AM   #9  

Diana

I am in Qld too but I dont quite understand the way this works, is the WW points plan in the USA different to the Oz one, what I mean is if I am allowed 20 points per day on weight watchers that would be 140 points a week but if I follow the wendie plan eating the points suggested I would be eating 167 points per week, thats a lot of extra points above my allowed 140 for the week.
Any help or input much appreciated

Last edited by elkay; 01-30-2008 at 07:13 AM.
elkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

If you add your 35 flex points then your 140 pts. per week is 175, so if you truly follow the Wendie then your not using all your flex pts, just a good portion of them. Perhaps it just teaches you to trust in using your flex points, so many people post that they don't dip into their flex points.

You have to eat to keep your metabolism working, I read an article in Reader's Digest a long time ago about trying to "fix" your metabolism after messing it up with yo-yo dieting. It said you have to eat more, it recommended multiple small meals (like eating your 3 meals plus snacks throughout the day) and exercising more.

If you don't eat enough your body goes back to caveman thinking, when it didn't know where it's next meal was coming from, and starts to store fat rather than burn it, that's the last thing we want.

I use every single point I get by the end of the week, I haven't been eating cookies, cakes, etc. I feel great and am still losing, in fact losing better since I've been diligent with the my tracking since the beginning of the new year.

Good luck to you!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #11  

I took the points quiz and it said I should be getting 24 instead of 22. I don't remember doing a quiz when I started. It seems like there was just a chart with a weight spread. If you were between x and y then you got z points. I think I picked up the extras because I have an active job. - Theresa
Old 01-31-2008, 12:15 AM   #12  

Hi

I dont think Weight Watchers Australia uses the Flex Point Plan, please correct me if Im wrong............anyone
elkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #13  

Hi all,
Sorry I took so long to reply, I can only use the internet at the beginning of each week!

Elkay - Hello! I live on the Gold Coast, nice to meet you! You're right, WW Australia have not incorporated the Flex points into their system. I read about it here on 3FW and gave it a go. Then I found out about the Wendie Plan and decided to try it.

I'm onto my second week now, and am really enjoying it. I haven't weighed myself yet, just wanted to give it a good chance, but my clothes are looser already, so that's a good sign!

modkttn - I took the quiz again and, according to WW Australia, I'm still only 20 points! I don't mind though, having those extra points with the Wendie plan throughout the week has helped so much. I haven't stuck to any eating plan this perfectly in about 4 years! Ha!

I'll keep you all posted about any gains (dear Lord, no!!!) or losses (bring it!!) next week. I hope this is working. It sure feels/looks like it is, but you know that paranoia you get that you're doing something wrong?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #14  

Can someone please break down how the Wendie plan works.My daily points allowance is 28,but three days ago I go to the gym and burn 650 calories.Please help me!
89kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #15  

Hi I am having issues with my weight loss.I go to ww in California.Please break down the Wendie Plan to me.My daily points is 28.HELP!!!!!
89kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote