Old 01-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #1  

Default thinking about switching

Hi Everyone,
I have been on LAWL and have lost 50 pounds. I have 15-20 to go. I know LA closed but I have all the info. to follow it. But, do you think Weight Watchers is better and that I would have success on it?

Thanks
Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I don't have personal experience to share as I've never used either. But my mom has. Back in the Weight Watchers of the 80s, she actually gained weight. She also gained weight under hypnosis, and had a VERY slow loss on Atkins. Weird metabolism, I think.

Two that worked for her were Jenny Craig and LAWL. She & my dad actually re-signed up for Pure Weightloss (formerly LAWL) at the end of November, only to learn a few weeks later that the company was going to completely close down.

LAWL did something for her that no other plan did. Lowered her blood sugar SIGNIFICANTLY! Actually that happened for both my parents, who are both diabetics. My dad's came down so much, for so long, that they took him off his diabetes med. My mom's came down so much that they cut her dose in half.

My mother-in-law is a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and really likes the points plan. She is really good about sitting down and calculating all her points all the time.

I guess for you it depends upon if you are a person who needs the reinforcement of a meeting or weigh-in. If you do, of course WW is still open and still has that. If you think you'll be fine using what you have from LAWL, save the money you'd have to pay for meetings, and stick to that.

Wish I could be more help!
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote