Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Exclamation I'm going just a little batty....

without my scale! I've been in Texas for over a month and haven't weighed myself and it doesn't look like I'm going to be back in Bama for a while to get my stuff. So I'm going to buy a new one. That's deep, really deep considering what a penny pincher I am. But I need it!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #2  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Is there a Bed Bath and Beyond near you? Maybe you could just sneak in there once a week and use one of theirs. =)
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Shari - I've found if I don't have my scale, I LIE to myself about whether I'm on plan or not and gain! True story! I'll believe I was TOTALLY on plan, gain 4 lbs by the time I return to my scale, and then think back on all the junk I ate and realize what I've done. Something about having to get on the scale the next day keeps me honest.

Do what you have to do. At least you can get a cheap one...you can still keep an eye on whether it is moving up/down or staying even, even if the weight is off.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #4  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I agree - go to even Walmart and use one of theirs!!!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 AM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I could weigh myself in Employee Health, but I need a scale at home to keep myself accountable, like Mandalinn. So I decided that I will by myself a new one, maybe even splurge on a fancy one, and give my old one (which really isn't old) to my BFF who is losing too.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I have a Weight Watchers scale that I bought in WalMart, less than $30 and it works great. My old scale sometimes varied 10 lbs in 5 minutes, I had no idea if I was gaining or losing from day to day, this one is really accurate.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #7  
in F major

S/C/G: 278/223/178

Height: 6'

I understand the tendency to get off track without the accountability of frequent weigh ins. This thread reminded me that I'm going on a trip soon, so I actually googled "travel scale" to see what my options were. There are plenty of gadgets out there but I thought better of it before I had time to click on a link and spend some money.

I think I'm going to bring my tape measure when I travel. I already own a couple and they barely take up any room. At home I weigh myself daily and take my measurements weekly. On the road it makes more sense for me to try and reverse that by measuring daily and weighing weekly.
Tharmony is offline   Reply With Quote