General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-08-2008, 02:14 AM   #1  
choose your hard

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Default Eek! A mouse!

I opened up my washing machine to do a load of laundry this evening and jumped three feet into the air when I saw a mouse was in there! After slamming down the lid and freaking out for a few, I donned some work gloves and tried to get him into a coffee mug. The little stinker ran up into the agitator and IS STILL IN THERE!!! I cannot get him out! I don't want to turn on the machine and flush him out, but I need my washing machine back! Aaaggghhh! Any suggestions?
weezerloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

LOL.Once I did did a load of laundry and when I was taking out the clothes to put in the dryer out hops a frog!At least he was nice and clean
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

When I was about 3 or 4 we were at our cabin. I guess my dad had gotten up in the middle of the night for a glass of water. Well one of our mouse traps had a mouse in it. My dad took the dead mouse and threw it in the toilet, but didn't flush. I got up a little later and went to the bathroom. I went flush the toilet and looked down and saw a mouse there. I totally thought I had pooped out the mouse (C'mon I was 3!). I was hysterical. It took my parents about an hour to calm me down. Meanwhile, my little brother was running around the house singing "Shan, pooped a mouse! Shan pooped a mouse" I'm more than sure that story will be retold at my wedding.

Last edited by shantroy; 01-08-2008 at 11:27 AM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Pooped a mouse!

I don't know what to suggest other than putting a trap or one of those mouse motels in the washer and see if you can catch it.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Oh Gawd, I shouldn't have read this at work. I can't quit snickering!

Got a cat you can toss in there? Is there a DH or DB or DS that you can call? That's how I usually get rid of mice.

Seriously I hate mice and am scared to death of them! I would line the bottom of the washtub with those sticky traps and then go to the laundromat before I would take a chance of him popping back out at me.

Good luck! Let us know what happens!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #6  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

2 options... drown the little cutie out...

Or

Stand back, open the lid, take something hard and bang the heck out of the side... if you don't scare the little thing to death... Mr. mouse will turn into the Flying Mighty Mouse in a hurry hehe. Of course you'll want to keep the washer and dryer closed at all time and set traps (live traps if you like).

Last edited by tamaralynn; 01-08-2008 at 06:46 PM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

If you leave the washer open for awhile and go elsewhere, it may just leave on its own. It just thought the washer was a nice safe place... and it is as scared (or more) as you are.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
Got a cat you can toss in there?
OMG! There's a Lighter Side thread about how to give a cat a bath. You could take care of both problems with this one. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:18 AM   #9  
choose your hard

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Thanks for the suggestions! I did think about setting up a kittie/mousie cage match, but thought the cat might lose. He was still in there when I got home from work tonight (I had kept the lid closed). I put a long skinny coffee mug with some food in the the bottom of it to use as a lure and then hoped to release him far away from here. But when I came to check the status of my trap, he was gone. He must've climbed out, because now the cat is verrrryy interested in the area between the stove and the wall. Off to buy some poison or traps tomorrow, I guess.
weezerloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

If you have a cat, you will have to be VERY careful about where you put the poison or the traps... You don't want to hurt your kitty!

It may be that the cat will take care of the problem... eventually...

I once used poison bait, and all it did was attract every mouse in the neighborhood. They had pretty much grown immune to it!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote