UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 06:08 PM   #1  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

Default Strange Things...

Ive been officially on a diet for 3 weeks and my weight loss has been really strange!

WEEK1 - I ate healthily all week then at the weekend it was my friends 16th Bday and I went out with her Friday and Saturday night and ate and drank loads of crap! But somehow when I weighed myself after the weekend I'd lost 2 lbs!

WEEK2 - I was so happy at losing 2lbs even after the pigout so I made sure I ate even healthier and didnt slip at all, but at the end of the week I'd lost nothing!

WEEK3 - I ate healthily all week but this time at the weekend I went to a mates 18th party and had some unhealthy party food but when I weighed myself afterwards I'd lost 4lbs!!

I dont understand!!!??
Old 01-31-2002, 02:58 AM   #2  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Maybe you went too low on the middle week.

I am not an expert and I don't know if its true, but I have often read that if you eat too few calories your body thinks you are being starved and slows your metabolism right down in order to protect your brain and heart. As I understand it your food doesn't get processed very quickly and your body won't burn fat efficiently.

I think the recommendation nowadays is to try not to eat less calories than your basal metalolic rate.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:28 AM   #3  
Theres no stopping me now

There is a horrible story in Take A Break this week about a 15 stone woman who killed herself by not eating enough - please don't panic! It took a long while & she steadily ate less & less, eventually just living on a sandwich a day - if that.

Apperently her body just held on to al the fat it had and her metabolism slowed right down, giving her heart problems.

Horrible!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 06:39 AM   #4  

Yes you would die eating only a sandwich a day!! When I read take a break it is full of horror stories.

I think when you are on a diet a pig out a week doesn't matter if you have a lot to lose and it seems like your just loosing normally to me if can differ a lot from week to week.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:51 AM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

I'm with you there Veggie/Judith - I 'take it easy' on Sundays.... all week I stick to my diet 100% - but Sundays I have a glass or two of wine and perhaps a little bit of whatever DH is having for pudding - nothing mega so that I feel guilty - just a slight relaxation of the rules - and Sunday is the only day I don't do any exercise.

Touch wood - I have had a weight loss every week since I started this diet and I'm still feeling OK about it - the only difference between this one and the way I was eating last year is my relaxed Sundays, so perhaps I have finally cracked it this time.... I wish!

Perhaps I should start weighing myself on Sundays rather than Mondays though.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:02 PM   #6  
Phat Chick

One sandwich a day! Not in this household
Old 01-31-2002, 02:59 PM   #7  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

Theres no way I went to low on the 2nd week, the average I eat in a day is a bowl of cornflakes with semi skimmed milk for brekkie, 2 marmite sanwiches for lunch, apples, bananas, clementines and sometimes 1 packet of walkers lites crisps for snacks and then whatever my mum makes for dinner (usually pasta, rice, etc).
So I definitely didnt go to low! its annoying enough when you slip and at the end of the week you dont lose anything, but when you know you've been really good all week and dont lose anything its soooooooo frustrating! grrrrr!
But I lost 4lbs in 5 days this week so Im happy! Just hope Ive done as well when I weigh myself on Tuesday!
Old 02-01-2002, 02:48 AM   #8  
Consistency + Balance

I told my husband about the 15 stone lady with the daily sandwich - and now he thinks I am going to die of malnutrition! Men!!!
Closed Thread