Carb Counters - going out to resturants as a low-carb dieter?

teawithsunshine
01-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Hi Ya'll--

I'm following a low-starchy carb vegan lifestyle (modified from the Rosedale plan).

My question is this: how do low-carb dieters on 3fatchicks handle going out to dinner (especially if they're vegan) when there are so many dishes that are high in refined, white starchy products (i.e. Italian or Mexican dishes for instance).

Thanks!

SoulBliss
01-04-2008, 03:57 AM
Hmmm, low carb vegan at a restaurant? Tofu, broccoli, nuts, olives and salad grrens are things I can think of. What else is available in a restaurant that is both vegan and low carb? (I realize that those things aren't commonly available either, really!).

I'll be checking in to see what others suggest!

OneXSport
01-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I have to agree. I have a friend who is vegan. She is occasionally dines out with her husband the meat eater. Usually her choices consist of roasted asperagus, mushrooms in wine, and the salad bar. I'm not sure if any of those things are low carb? There are a few resturants that are more diet friendly, and ususally more upscale and trendy. You will have to search your neighborhood to find something acceptable.

Leenie
01-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Salad w/cheese (bring your own dressing or use oil & vinegar) or Roasted veggies... thats about all I can think of that would be safe at a resturant. Do you eat eggs? you can always get a cheese omlet.