Old 01-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #1  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Default frustrated

Without going through my entire history. I am writing this just to say I'm frustrated with myself. I used to track my calories and it worked to help me lose some weight, but after a while I found I was getting a little too intense about it, so I stopped. About a year and a bit later and I'm almost back where I started so I thought I'd track my calories again for a bit to get myself on track. Today was the first day. I was doing well until I had some cheese and crackers, which apparently is a caloric demon. I worked out and came home to have a low calorie dinner and then boom. After dinner, I want a treat, so I make some popcorn, that doesnt satisfy me so I make another little treat and then have something else. Before I know it, I've had 800 calories in half an hour .. after i've eaten enough for the day. I know I do this most nights. It's the nights that kill me. I'm trying to figure out how to stop this but it's hard. I'm compelled each night. I live alone. I have no boyfriend. I think it's actually lonliness that has me eating.. lonliness and boredom.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and I hope to have a better day then. It's no wonder I haven't lost weight in so long. I keep having high calorie snacks and then heading to bed.

I won't give up .. but i'm still frustrated!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #2  

Bikini- I sympathize that nites are hard. I eat my main meal at lunch (which I spread out until almost 3pm) then have dinner (salad with protein) around 7:30 or even 8. Then at 9 or so I have a 100 calorie snack pack of microwave popcorn. After that I am done. I brush my teeth. If I am feeling compelled to watch tv I may have a pot of fragrant tea. I tell you- watching some of those medical shows about super morbidly obese people can really get you scared straight. Starting my eating day later helps put dinner and post dinner snack into my danger zone so I am not hungry and my insatiable mouth is occupied. I know the general feeling is not to eat before you sleep, but whatever works....
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote