Old 01-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #1  
Smartypants

Default How's about some God-inspired dancing?????

Hey ladies!!!

It's been a while since I posted, but I got myself something for Christmas I've had my eye on, and after installing it I thought I'd share it here.... ya know exercise is usually boring right, and treacherous, and makes us all g-r-o-a-n... I've found a neato little product called Dance Praise. Well, I got Dance Praise 2 The Remix specifically. And what it is, is a dance pad PS 2 style that connects to your pc usb port, and it plays pop Christian music in all different kinds of modes... dance, exercise, arcade, game modes etc. and it even keeps track of your weight loss for you that you lost doing it! Anyhoo, it looks like a really cool way to lose weight, fun, and you can praise the Lord while doing it! Thought I'd share....it really looks like a blast!

Take care,
Holli
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #2  
Let the SONshine

S/C/G: 280/280/165

Height: 5'10"

Talking I love it

I have Dance praise 2 and love it. You can buy the expansion packs and they add new songs to your original game.
My boys have Dance Revolution and I hate it. I hate the music, can't keep up with the pace and feel like a loser when I can't do it.
Dance praise you can dance till you reach a certain amount of calories burned,
there are 4 settings with 4 levels on each setting.
LOVE IT
Cherrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #3  
Smartypants

See that's just the thing Cherrel... the box said there are 4 dances per song (or dance steps, however i word it) but I dunno where the steps are shown lol...all I see is a shadow person doing wayyy too advanced steps and you can't really tell where they're stepping/leaping hahaha most of the time. Don't get me wrong, it is awesome awesome awesome, but that is my only vice... I'm like, not a good dancer and I was looking forward to learning a few steps too...but the best I can do is step or jump to each of the arrows when they go in the box right, hardly a dance move. am I missing something?

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-01-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

is this a cd?
tigerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #5  
Smartypants

kinda sorta...it's a dvd for your pc that comes with a dance pad. You can always google the title and you will see all kinds of versions for it. Here is what I have.....http://www.familychristian.com/shop/...p?prodID=22993 You can go to any Family Christian store and get it.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #6  
Let the SONshine

Default re: dance praise

First of all go to the options and shut that dancer off. He is annoying and really throws you off. You can also set the level for easy, medium, hard, and advanced and do the same song at each level. Start with easy. I can't dance at all and have no balance due to medical problems so easy is where I am at right now.
You are doing exactly what you are supposed to do by stepping on the arrows when they are in the box, if you want do some arm moves or twists while you are doing that. If it is still to easy for you then move to medium.
There are also games such as simon says.
I run the program from my laptop onto my TV so the images are bigger and I have more room in front of my TV than my computer so there is that option also.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 353/340/299 (for now)

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like fun. I love Dance Revolution so I will have to check this out.
Dreamgyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #8  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I told my hubby that i wanted that for Christmas and he laughed at me b/c it was over in the kids section at Lifeway. Now that I see there are other "adults" that use it I will have to fight for it again! I totally want it and think it would be awesome! He is the Youth Pastor at our church so it would be really cool to have the kids over to the house and let them have a go at it.
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #9  
Let the SONshine

Smile My hubby laughed too

My hubby thought it was like DDR and that I wouldn't do it and laughed when I said I wanted it too so when I got a coupon from the store and it was on sale I bought it and knew if I didn't like it I could return it. My sons have DDR and I can't do it it is too fast (I have fibromyalgia) and I hurt myself going that fast.
They saw me do this and said it was great for me and they liked a LOT of the songs on it also. In fact, they have been buying me the expansion packs because I like it so much. Our little foster girls have dance pads that we dont plug in and they just dance on their pads doing the moves also.
If you check out the website that makes it they show adults doing it and a video and youth groups. If you have a large screen or TV at church you can use a laptop and make it play through the TV so the kids can see it better. I do mine through the TV.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #10  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

That's awesome! We got a flyer from Family Christian this week and Zack mentioned it and I was like YEAH! i want it and told him about you women that already have it and he just laughed but today on the way to church he said that he decided that we should get it! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #11  
Let the SONshine

Smile Go for it!

I got mine from Family Christian also. Just make sure you get the one that has the pad and cd, then use your buy one get one 50 % off coupon and get another pad. Then when the coupons come around do it again for the expansion packs.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #12  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm new here, but was wondering how you all are doing with the product you mention. Are you still using it? would you recommend other dancing programs for exercise? I think dancing would be my preferred method. I'm a Christian and starting over on diet/exercise. Let me know.
Doragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #13  
Let the SONshine

I still do mine and still love it. I still have lots of fun with it. My boys have ddr and I can't do that one its too fast for me and I am not young enough to try to go that fast.
I also do Leslie Sansone DVD walking in my home and she is a christian.