Carb Counters - 2008 Goals
12-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Are you ready for another year?
My goals for 2008
1. Continue to keep a positive attitude
2. Think of myself as the thin person I will be, not the fat person that constantly berate myself for being
3. Loose 110lbs (gained 10lbs in 07)
4. build some muscle (I want some sexy non-batwing type arms by summer)
5. Make friends with the treadmill again.
6. Learn consistency
12-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Be a better Christian
Be a better wife and mother
Wear my skinny hot pink shorts
lose 5 lbs per week til I get to maintenance
try 2 new recipes every week, that helps keeps me feeling not deprived
take 2 classes towards a degree
12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
2)-lose 17-lbs by the end of this year.[1.5 lbs per week]
3)-exercise a least 3 x's a week[60m per day]
4)-eat healthy by watching grain carbs & counting calories
Hugs :) Maryann
My 2008 Goals are:
1. To lose 70 to 80 lbs and get healthy and toned. This means I will "hopefully" get off the Diabetes medications.
2. Go through Beauty school.
3. Master the Weighted Hula Hoop.
4. RUN! I want to do a c25k and run like Forest Gump!
5. Exercise at least 4 days a week.
6. One by one get my blls paid and checked off my list to better my credit score.
01-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Goals for 2008:
1) eat healthy (kick sugar & sodapop addiction)
2) exercise daily
3) lose 100 lbs
4) Keep a positive attitude & think thin
5) floss :D
All time high in '07: 248 lbs
Low: 212 lbs
01/02/08: 228 lbs
I've Posted some of my Big Picture Goals elsewhere - being better to myself & to work on my "all or nothing" attitude - not just about low carb wol - but on many things - good & bad. I'm also determined to focus on my tendency to be a procrastinator.
Wanted to Post my Lil Pic/SPECIFIC Goals for '08 here @ LC:
*Gonna check in here @ the Goal Thread once a month to see where I'm at on these Goals to keep FOCUSSED!
*Will post measurements here at the end of every 3 months.
*Determined to get to my Goal Weight this year - that's 89 lbs away - a little over 7 lbs a month? Very doable!
*Mindful eating daily.
*Some form of purposeful exercise daily - even if its just some floor exercises.
*Eat seafood at LEAST 3 times a week.
*Eat salad/cruciferous veggies at least 5 times a week.
*Continue with the water!
Jan '07 - - - Oct '07
Bust: 48 . . . . . 44
Waist: 45 . . . . . 40
Hips: 53 . . . . . . 47
R. Upper Arm: 14.5 . . . . . 12
R. Upper Leg: 25.5 . . . . . . 22
CT Cabo Girl
01-05-2008, 03:13 PM
MY GOALS FOR 2008
Lose 85 pounds
Buy something to update the house as a reward for everytime I lose 15 pounds.
Teach the guys in the house to flush and put down the toilet seat!!!
Amy On a Mission76
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Oh you gotta love the goals! We had to do these for my business last week too. And it was neat to see what everyone wanted to do this year other that business related stuff.
Here is my list...
Stay on this program!!
Lose at least 25 lbs by the end of March when I have to be in an evening gown for our Convention.
Be more active, starting with treadmill at home, then to gym at least 3 times a week.
Be more patient with my 3 kids. (That one is a daily struggle, can I get an AMEN!)
Get and keep motivation to make the changes my life needs.
Okay that is enough for now!
Good luck to everyone on keeping with their goals.
01-29-2008, 01:09 PM
My 2008 Goals
1. Lose 30 pounds.
2. Run a 5K.
3. Kick my sugar addiction.
4. Journal my food and exercise daily.
5. Be a better girlfriend.
6. Only eat out lunch one day/week minimum.
7. Save money.
01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Countrymom's Goals for 2008!
1. Get closer to God, Read my bible and pray more.
2. Do low carb plan and exercise at least 30 min 3x a week..building up to once a day.
3. Drink my daily intake of water, which is more than 64oz.
4. Not to drink Caffienated tea. It is easy to drink decaf at home..that is all I buy. But, when you go to resturants they don't have decaf tea so I tend to just drink it anyway. But no more....caffiene causes stalls on eating plans as well as cause you to crave sweets.
5. Eat no fruit or bread(starch) in the beginning until I feel that I can move safely to the next stage in low carb eating which adds back in the low carb breads and fruit.
6. Keep a journal of everything I put in my mouth. This will keep me accountable to myself and I am very special..so why wouldn't I do it! I would help a friend that wanted to do it...."I" should want to do this for ME as well!!
7. When I get discouraged....pick up a phone and call a friend!
9. Meet my mini weight loss goals ...something I haven't been able to do yet.
10.Come off all my meds.
11. Lose all of my weight
12. Keeping a good attitude while doing all of the above!!
01-31-2008, 04:08 PM
1. Be a better listener.
2. Lose these last 25 lbs.
3. Repair broken relationships.
4. Actually take a VACATION!!!
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
MY GOALS FOR 2008
1. Take morE time to listen to my girls, before yelling.
2. Be more patient with my husband.
3. Lose these last 15 pounds.
4. Cadio atleast 3 days a week.
5. See family more often.
6. Make more money than I did last year.
7. Drink more water.
8. Tone up my bootie
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Wow!!! I think this is great. Okay..here it goes:
1. Lose last 22 lbs.
2. Tone and sculp by body (18% bodyfat) on an extreme tip
3. Spend more time with my 8 yr old with little things like (cooking, cleaning,etc.) teaching her domesticated things
4. Continue to establish a better relationship with my 21 yr old
5. Get back into my religious beliefs and practice wholeheartedly
6. Establish a new transitional facility for wayward kids going into adulthood(working on my licensing now)
7. Be Happy!
02-10-2008, 07:44 PM
1. Pay consistent attention to my spiritual life, cuz I'm so much happier when I do.
2. Get to Onederland.
3. Find a consistent way to exercise that works for me (getting to the gym costs $6-7 per trip just in gas).
4. Keep active in 3FC.
5. Stay on plan.
03-02-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm a little late but will still post my goal!
-arrive in ONEDERLAND! I have been over 200 since I can remember!
-Cook almost every week night
-Finish up my classes and begin my grad. research project
-Get employed at a big school district! (tired of charter schools)
-Enjoy a healthier life with my husband!
03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I am just now deciding I MUST take control and get my weight under control.
I don't have measurements but I do have weight. ugh!
I need to lose 50 lbs.
I think that could be done inside 2008 if I was very firm with myself. I will make every effort to reach as close to the 50 lbs as I possibly can.
I will walk 1 hour or more at least 5 days a week and keep a chart to report it.
Today's weight 195.6
Goal for March 190.6
Goal for 2008 145 lbs.
03-11-2008, 09:37 AM
respect my parents.
lose 30 pounds
and stop binge eating! :D
06-09-2008, 08:22 AM
My top 5:
1. Lose 46 more pounds and KEEP IT OFF.
2. Continue my fitness program until I can run for an hour again without feeling like I'm going to die.
3. Be the best mom I can be.
4. Be the best wife I can be.
5. Finish writing my book and try to get published.
The order may look selfish...but in order to take care of my family I have to learn to take care of me first. Have learned that the hard way.
07-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Lose 40 pounds during the remainder of the year.
Eat more veggies.
Drink more water.
Walk or exercise daily.
Get my at home work and my work work done without procrastinating.
07-25-2008, 09:49 PM
1. Lose 53lbs by Christmas
2. Increase my after-work activity level
3. Put a little more drive into my "madatory" physical training sessions in the morning.
4. Eliminate my intake of coffee.
5. Decrease or eliminate (prob decrease) my beer consumption.
6. Avoid indulging myself when my daughter visits every 2nd weekend.
7. Limit my bi-weekly feeding of chicken wings (battered).