Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers#132

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers#132

sami
01-27-2002, 09:08 AM
Christian Encouragers#132

We are Christians united together in Prayer and support for each other. Prayer Changes things So please Join us! Everyone is welcome!

sami
01-27-2002, 09:12 AM
A big Praise today I have lost 2lbs!!!!! Yeah!!!!
My goal is to lose 70lbs by next June (2003) My DD is getting married and her sone to be M-I-L is about 5' and 90 lbs! OH Why can't it be ME?

68lbs to go!
Sami

ECmom
01-28-2002, 11:08 AM
Good morning!!

Sami~ congrats on losing 2 #!!!!! Great start!
Zoe~ how are you feeling?????
Sorry to be so short. I have much to accomplish this morning, for that matter all day!
I just wanted to check in and say hello. Thanks, Sami for starting the new thread.

I'll check in later. Have a great day.
Ginny

Zoe
01-28-2002, 12:42 PM
Good Morning ~ Just checking in for a minute. I'm still home sick, fever just doesn't want to go away. Not 104 like it was but it keeps going up to 100, not ever normal. I was SO sick over the weekend buy today has been a lot better. If it continues this way, I'll try to go to work tomorrow.

Well, I'd better rest some more. Have a blessed day everyone.

In Christ,

ECmom
01-28-2002, 11:47 PM
Good evening!
Zoe- it is so good to hear from you. I am so glad that you are feeling better and that the fever is down. An answer to prayer.
I was concerned about you. Many of my coworkers had something that sounded similar, and it seemed to take so long to go away. ( I understand the fatigue hangs on for a while).
Take good care of yourself and get the rest that you need.

I had a kind of tiring day. Mainly, I got tired of dealing with everyone's moods! But, I think we were all tired and a bit under the weather. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I wish each of you a good nite. Bed time!
Ginny

sami
01-29-2002, 07:16 AM
Blessing today!
I am so tiried this morning because I was up to late watching TV! I had a good day yesterday and praying for an OP day today.

Zoe-Praying that you feel better! Like Ginny said we have some bug going around here and my coworkers have missed up to a week with it.

Ginny-Praying that your day is going well. I know just how you feel about you dealing with others moods!

Praying for all to have an OP day!
Sami

wilma12
01-29-2002, 10:13 AM
Good Morning from frosty Manitoba. It's so cold out that we don't go out unless it's absolutely necessary.

I've been doing well with my WOE and water but still struggling with the exercise. I did do some aerobics and weights on the weekend and it felt great to be moving. I need to discipline myself to a time slot everyday to do exercise.

My weight has maintained over the past month which I'm thankful for.

Sami: WTG on the weight loss! :D You are doing great!!

Ginny: I hear you about the moods except in my family it's them having to deal with my moods. :rolleyes: I have to really watch myself during PMS time. I also have to learn that I am not the only one that matters.

Zoe: How are you doing? Have you recovered from your illness? Take care of yourself! We need you here.

Pravda, Gutchie: WHere are you? How are you doing?

Have a super day!

ECmom
01-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Hi!
Wilma, good to hear from you. Sorry that it is so cold at your region. We could use a bit of that here in NY (it feels like spring, I miss winter!)

Sami- thanks for your prayers. I need them. Today is not going too well- office politics.......:( I hope that you can get thru today well, with the lack of sleep and all. I'll keep you in prayer too.

Gotta go, I am at work. I hope to check in with you later. Love and prayers,
Ginny

ECmom
01-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Good evening!
Well, I am so thankful to be home. Today was a rough day, and I guess I have some decisions to make regarding my work. Actually I could most likely just continue on as I am now, and just adjust my attitude with no other change. I know that this is probably not making much sense- and it has been a long day.

My eating was pretty good. I did some snacking, but made up for it with a low points dinner. (and I am hungry now, but will take care of that with some water). I will get a walk in tomorrow morning.
Hope that you have a peaceful night. See you tomorrow!
Ginny

ECmom
01-30-2002, 11:05 AM
Good Morning!
I hope that everyone is ok, and just busy. (today is a busy day for me too). I got a nice walk in and have been eating well (or should I say, healthy?).

Have a great day.
Ginny

pravda
01-30-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi everyone!
I am here! I was sick yesterday, it sounds like everyone is a little under the weather! I am feeling a whole lot better. The doctor said that the people that have been in to see him about this stomach virus, feel bad for one day, feel good for one day and then are sick again for like a week or 2! I pray that that is not the case with me, next week is my vacation, I do not want to be sick thru the whole week!

Zoe- I hope you are feeling better. I am praying for you.

Wilma- Thanks for caring about me! I am doing better. I can not imagine the cold weather, I am in Texas, we never see it that cold.

Ginny- I hope things are going better at your office. I know how hard office polictics can be. Keep up the faith, we are praying for you!

Sami-HOORAY on the weight loss!!!! I am jealous! I have not weighed myself this week, nor have I excercised, so we will see what the scales say tonight. I maybe crying in my pillow once I see the number!I know what you mean about the skinny,tiny MIL. My new SIL is my heighth and about 100lbs, wears a size 0! I find it very hard not to be very jealous of her! But I also use her as a goal, I wish that one day I will be even close to her size. Then again, I just tell myself, wait till she gets pregnant!

Anyway, I am on lunch at work. I will chat more later!

Praying always for you,
Pravda

:)

ECmom
01-30-2002, 10:05 PM
Good evening,
Pravda- how are you feeling??? I hope/pray that you will get rid of the stomach bug quickly. There is also a very fast stomach bug going around- one that hits hard for 24 hours and thank God goes away quickly. We had it about 3 weeks ago. And fortunately, it passed quickly. Do you have any vacation plans?
Try not to compare yourself to others,with regard to weight. I have friends who are also losing,and are the same height as I am, with goal weights of 10 pounds less than mine (mine is 130#). But I know that 120 is not practical for me and that realism must prevail. I will never be a 0, and will be oh so happy if I can get down to a 10 (with an occasional 8!).

Well, I have really stepped into a mess. I was asked to accompany (flute) another church's praise team for a ladies brunch. At the brunch will be 4 different churches in the area, and it is being hosted at my own church. Tonite I went to a practice for this (and there will only be one more practice)- and they have music for only two songs out of six. Of the four that have no music, three of them I have never heard of- and am clueless how to accompany them. I have a call into a friend who attends that church, hoping that she has a praise CD or two with these songs on them, just so that I can get an idea of how they were meant to sound. It was so hard to tell from the practice tonite...... The Lord will work this out somehow, that I know!!!!!!!
Well, enough of me tonite.
Have a great evening. I hope to check in tomorrow, but we have an ice storm headed our way, and if the kids are all home, getting on the computer will be hard.
Ginny

ECmom
01-31-2002, 07:52 AM
Good morning!!!
Well, all schools are closed here, so I have a housefull.
I thought I would get on to wish you a good morning, while Dd is still asleep;) . Once she gets up computer time is hard to come by.
So far my eating is good. Somehow I will get some excercise in today~ I do not know if walking will be possible with the ice out there. Off to do some ironing and then hang some wallpaper (I hope). Have a blessed day.
Ginny

sami
01-31-2002, 09:41 AM
Blessing this morning!
Sorry to be AOW but it was my week end to work and my week to do my volunteer work. I have been doing something diffrent at work and it is very physical so I am dead tired when I get home.

Ginny-I know just what you mean about the work place. At my work everyone thinks they are the only one who does anything. And I get tired of the office politics. I am one that is real blunt and when they start playing the little back stabbing games I will call them on it. Just the other day one of the guys was complaining (like always) that no one but him does anything and I said "You know what? Everyone here thinks they are the only one here who does anything I see a lot here getting done that you didn't do so I guess that isn't true!" Good luck with the program at church.

Pravda-I am glad you are feeling better. We are going to reach our goal and lose this weight!!! Both of us have it harder do to other health issues but We will over come it and work harder at it. Nothing is impossible with God on our side!

Wilma-Brrrrr it is cold your way! I here we have some cold comming I hope not my spring flowers are comming in because it has been so warm!

Zoe-I am praying you are feeling better. I know my work has been hit hard with this bug also. Someone said it is because we have not had a cold enough winter to kill the germs. (I don't know how true that is)

Blessing to all Sami

wilma12
01-31-2002, 10:04 AM
Good Morning! It's still really cold here. I'm keeping warm by staying under my quilt while I'm working on it. I also do a lot more baking!! Tonight I'm baking some cookies to send along with Ds as he goes to visit the other DS. Oldest DS is missing the home cooking!!

Sami: Great to hear from you again. I was wondering where you were. I can't imagine flowers coming up here. Spring flowers start coming here in April. I am looking forward to that!!

Ginny: Hope you have a great day with yours at home. I used to love snow days. I also hope things work out for your music. I am not talented musically at all and wish I was. In heaven I'll be able to sing on key. :D

Pravda: Are you feeling better yet? I had a virus a couple of weeks ago that kept me feeling gross for 3-4 days. I hope that's not what you have. Take good care of yourself. Drink lots!

Zoe: How are you doing? Are you feeling better yet? Come back to us!!

Have a super day!

Gutchie
01-31-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm still here. Embarassed to check in when eating is out of control, yet again. I seem to have just lost it, and can't find it.
The motivation/determination is gone.

On the upside, we have a new computer. A gift from our friend, a Pentium 4. The speed is awesome. Joanne is learning all over again. God is good to place such nice/generous friends in ones life.

Today, nice and cozy indoors watching a Canadian snow storm/freezing rain storm rage. I've kept ds and babysitting jobs home from school, the roads far too unsafe unless in an emergency.

I'm sorry to hear the flu bug heating a number of you and your families. Here, we wipe noses, the little ones all fighting colds.
Otherwise, we're ok.

My thoughts and prayers are with each of you.
Off I go now to feed the little hungry critters.

God Bless!
Joanne
;)

pravda
01-31-2002, 01:36 PM
I am feeling so much better today. Thanks for all the concern. I am not planning on going anywhere on my vacation. I am going to rest and clean house and work out side. My ds birthday is on Monday, he will be 9. And his party is on the 9th, so I will be planning for that!

I still did not make it to the gymn last nite. Dh didnt get back from church until almost 9p. So, I just ate dinner and went to bed.

Well, I guess that is enough for now.
Pravda

ECmom
01-31-2002, 11:34 PM
Hi!
It was great to turn on the computer and see all the posts!:)

Sami- what kind of volunteer work do you do? There is something nice about going to bed at the end of a day really tired. Good for you.

Wilma- ah, there is nothing better than a good winter!!!! (ours has been so warm). I just love how peaceful everything gets.
And great that you have the quilt to work on and keep warm under!!!! But, for your sake, I hope that the cold breaks soon.

Joanne- check in more often! Don't be embarassed due to lack of motivation. Maybe by checking in more some of the motivation here will rub off.

Pravda- glad that you are feeling better!!!!!

My day was busy, but ok. Got 2 pieces of wallpaper hung ( I hang paper pathetically slowly) but was not able to really put the time into it today with the kids home. Got a bunch of ironing done instead.
I am working at resolving the music problem, after making a few phone calls. Either a CD of the unknown songs or a tape made my one of the praise team singers just on melody will probably be in my hands by the end of the weekend, so I will be able to learn the songs from that. Or at least I hope so!

Well, it is bed time. Have a great nite. See ya tomorrow!
Ginny

sami
02-01-2002, 07:33 AM
Blessing this morning!
It is Friday YEAH!!!! I am off through the weekend and boy do I need it! And of course my house needs me to! My DD has 4 basketball games this weekend so I am going to be busy! Please keep my FIL in your prayers he was admitted into the hospital thursday for heart failure. He had a stroke in June and was doing better until after Christmas and has slowly been going down hill. I feel a lot of it has to due with stress due to his job terminating him due to him reaching end of short term disability. He has lost his income,life and health insurance and the sad thing is they didn't even tell him he thought he would go into long term disabilty and 3\4 pay. He has worked for this company for over 45 years and for 40 of it He worked there for free! He works for IRL (Indianapolis 500) it use to be USAC and it was Volunteer (they did get paid for some races) but when they split a few years ago it became IRL and became a place of employment. Sorry to keep going on and on.

Wilma-You keep warm! We are suppose to get a cold front today and I can tell it is colder today.

God Bless,
Sami

ECmom
02-01-2002, 01:41 PM
Hi~
Just a quick hello. I have had a very busy day, far busier than I had hoped it would be.

Sami- how old is your FIL? And the big question, is he saved?
I will keep him in prayer and your family too. Situations like this can be so stressful for the whole family.
Hopefully I can check in later. Sorry this is so short.

Ginny

pravda
02-01-2002, 02:37 PM
:(
I am so disappointed! I did not gain, which is a plus. However , I have not lost any in about 2wks or 3 wks.
I have been OP and I have not cheated! I have eaten enough calories, excersied and anything else I can think of.

I know that you can sometime stall, but I do not like it one bit!!!!!!!

Other than that, I am feeling great! Its friday and I have no plans tomorrow or next week! I am going to sit at home and clean house and plan a party!
I am going to rest and spend time with my husband how is off too!
I hope that all of you have a great weekend and have a great week next week
Pravda

Zoe
02-01-2002, 09:44 PM
Good Friday Evening my friends :wave:

Ahhhh, it's Friday. Last Friday found me sick as ever but tonight is the first night (and day) that I've felt pretty good. Thank you all for your prayers. I was really wiped out last week. :eek: But praise God, I am doing so much better......thank you all again for your prayers.

Ginny ~ I know what you're saying about work and attitudes. I should try to change MINE once in awhile and I'd probably not be bothered by the things that I'm bothered by. I can really let things get to me, I'm bad that way. I hope all is better with you and work. I am praying for you and the praise team. God will be with you and it will all work out.

Pravda ~ We're neighbors....I'm in east FW. Where do you go to church? I was/am looking for a new church home and have been going a few times to Pantego Bible Church. I pray that you are feeling better with that stomach thing. Where are you going on vacation?

Sami ~ I hope you can relax this weekend. You worked so hard last weekend that you deserve a nice relaxing few days. Take it easy or you'll be run down and we don't want you to catch what's going around.

Wilma ~ frosty up there huh? It was almost 80 degrees here only a week and a half ago and now, yesterday and last night, it was in the 30's!!!! Brrrrrrrr....stay warm.

Joanne ~ nice to see you here again. Whatca been up to??

Well, time to go relax. I was sick all last weekend that I need to so some serious housecleaning tomorrow. I feel like I can still smell "sickness" in the few places I was vegging out. Ha! Lysol will be empty tomorrow. :)

Oh, BTW, I lost 2.5 lbs this last week. Being sick DOES have it's advantages. Have a great evening and a wonderful weekend.

In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/183.5/148

ECmom
02-02-2002, 09:29 AM
Good morning!

Zoe! So glad to hear that you are doing better!!Praise God for your restoring health. And your house is going to smell sooooo nice after you get done sanitizing it! (I like that feeling, like the whole place is spanking clean).

Pravda- don't be hard on yourself with the weight loss. A lot of times people plateau for a few weeks. I know that WW recommends adding a bit more excercise to break out of the slump. And be extra careful with your calories. Just make sure that there are no hidden calories that you are not accounting for.
You are doing fine. The weight will come off!!

Gotta go. Another busy day. Ds has a basketball game and I have a ton of housework to do. (Not much got done yesterday, and it shows:( ).
BTW, the situation with the praise team looks to be ok. I have called a few ladies and I will somehow be getting a tape of the music to "learn" the melodies from. And from there I can improvise.
Gotta go. Have a blessed day!
Ginny

Gutchie
02-03-2002, 10:23 AM
A windy, snow squall morning from Southern Ontario to each of you. Hoping this Lord's day finds each of you feeling better and off to Worship!

Nothing too exciting happening around the farm. The storm of Friday/Saturday left us without hydro for about 3 hrs. ( many other areas 3 days) Our babysitting jobs just don't know what to make of no television, no stereo, and he gads, no Computer! Must admit that even I was getting testie. Putting in the time is easy for we 3, as barn chores need doing regardless of electricity.
Classy (quarter horse) would love to get outdoors and run but unfortunately the paddock is one solid sheet of ice a cut up leg accident waiting to happen. DS takes her out for a walk up the side road for at least some exercise. ( I know, it should be ME)
I enjoy winter very much, Dh on the other hand is hating it big time. The farm is a picture post card, ice shimmering everywhere.

I'm off now to ready for Worship. Here's wishing you all a grand Sunday. Following service we're off to friends for an outdoor fire complete with hot chocolate. ( I don't think she serves light)

God be with each of you and yours.

Sister Joanne

ECmom
02-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Good Morning!!!
Joanne~ sounds as though you had a wonderful day!!!!!! (bear in mind that I am a winter nut). Beautiful scenery, a day of worship and an outdoor fire. Hope that all turned out as good as it sounds. The winter blahs setting in in your household too? Is your Dh difficult to live with when winter gets to him?

We had a fairly nice day, although quiet. A really good sermon at church (ok, they are all good but this really reached down into your soul and hit home). Then later we watched the superbowl- what an exciting game (if you are not a Rams fan). Dh and the kids ate all kinds of junk. I behaved myself- carrot sticks instead of all the fatty stuff they had. Ok, I allowed myself one small eggroll (about 2"long) and one pig in a blanket (mini hot dog sized) and that was it. Of course the sodium from just that is making me bloated today.:(
Got up at 5 am for my walk this morning.:dizzy: I have a very busy day ahead of me, so that was the only way.
Gotta go take care of the million things that must be accomplished today.
See ya later!
Ginny

ECmom
02-04-2002, 12:18 PM
BTW-
Patricia (Losingforgood!) - lost a few pounds this weekend with the birth of Joshua Kyle!!!! Everyone is doing well and is home.
Just thought some good news might make everyone's day.
(and congrats Patricia!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you are reading the thread and too busy to post)
Ginny

wilma12
02-04-2002, 01:00 PM
Congratulations Patricia! What a nice name!! I sure hope you and Joshua are doing well!!!

Gutchie
02-04-2002, 01:24 PM
I love "babies"! Love rocking!!!!
All the very best to the entire family from snowing/blowing Southern Ontario.
Kiss/hugs to new baby, I can smell him from here. Nothing like the smell of a new born baby.

Zoe
02-04-2002, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone :wave:

Patricia ~ if you're reading this, Congrats girl!!!!!!!!! Hope to hear from you soon and let us know how that beautiful baby is doing (and you too)

Ginny ~ hope you got more housework done than I did. I did manage to clean the den and bedroom, the 2 places I sat most of the time when I was sick so that sick smell is gone. Plus my little baby went to the groomer so she was cleaned up too. This week I'll finish the kitchen and dining room.

Joanne ~ your farm sounds beautiful, a picture perfect winder scene. Can you post a photo? I'd love to see it. I miss the winters we had when I lived in the Catskill Mt's on NY state. Small country town, 2 feet of snow all winter and one of the 'old timers' in town out in a huge sleigh being pulled by his Clidesdales....what a sight!! :) Gorgeous!!

Hi to everyone else.....have a great Monday night.

ECmom
02-04-2002, 09:49 PM
Hi!
Well, Zoe, I got much less housework done than I wanted to! Mondays are so tough.......... digging out from the weekend, plus that I will be at work tomorrow and must set up for my day away.
I am glad that you got the sick smell out of your house. Do you have all your energy back???????

Thus ends a busy day for me here. I'm tired and wishing that I could go to bed, but I still have some work to do. But I thought I would check in and say hello.
Have a great nite! See you tomorrow.
Ginny

losing4good
02-05-2002, 08:14 AM
Hello ladies! Thank you for all the congrats! Joshua is doing fine... and so far, all his siblings are still loving him :dizzy: Of course, once the little ones realize he's really staying for the long haul, that could change :lol:

Haven't stepped on the scales yet... was going to wait until about three weeks postpartum... let all that "baby" stuff get gone and see what I'm left with! I know I can't do much exercising for the next 6 weeks, but I would like to get my eating back on track NOW!

My hubby and I were going to do Weight Watchers together, but because of the $$, that will have to wait until our taxes are back! I really struggle with that... I mean, is it worth that money just to find out how many points, and the points values for the different foods? I would do WW Online, because w/5 kids, I think getting to meetings would be a little tough! Right now, so many of our evenings have committments, that I'd hate to take away what little "family" time we have left. BUT.... I do think being involved w/a program would be helpful. I'd like to use their winning points deal, along w/the Weigh Down Workshop principles I've learned.....

So anyway... that's my game plan!!! Guess I could use my 1/31 weight as my starting weight, huh??? Then it would really be an impressive loss!!! :D My last dr. appt, on 1/31 I weighed a whopping 196 lbs (remember, I have a not-so-whopping 5ft 1.5" frame!). My ultimate goal is to be in the 105 range.... give or take.... At the reasonable loss of 1.5lbs/week, and taking in the bigger loss these next few days..... I think it's actually conceivable to be at that weight for Christmas! Yippee!!!!

Another motivator..... next year I should be having my 20 yr reunion..... wouldn't that be cool to go back and be about 30 lbs lighter than I ever was in highschool, and have 5 kids to show off as well!!!! :s: :D

I"ll be checking in more regularly now.... I've missed you ladies!!!!

Patricia

ECmom
02-05-2002, 10:32 AM
Good morning!
Patricia~ we missed you too! Welcome back! And I hope that you do not mind that I announced Joshua's birth for you.
Why not try buying the WW materials on ebay? The program is easy enough to follow without the meetings, and there are enough of us here who are familiar with it to help. Or, for I think around $90 you can buy their program and get WW online support. (that way it would be cheaper for you and Jack and you can skip the meetings). Either way, we are all here for you.

Gotta go. I am at work:( . Having a tough time dealing with those office politics again.
See ya later!
Ginny

pravda
02-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi all!
I am back for VC. I had a good relaxing time. Didnt do much, but it was good, just the same. DS party went real well. I had a good time. All the family was together, that was good.

ITS OFFICAIL, I HAVE LOST MY 1ST 10 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited. I weighed myself on thrusday, I have lost 10 pounds. yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking forward to the next 10lbs.

Patricia-Congrats on the new baby! I love babies! I want another one so bad-mine is 9yrs old now! Best wishes for you and your family.

I have missed reading the posting from you guys!

Zoe- I am in Arlington. I go to Pleasentview Baptist on I-20, by the Parks mall and Bowman rd- its also Arlington. It is a good church, we are building a new building and the pastor is real good. We are mission minded. Come visit us. You would be most welcomed there!
Well, that is enough chatting for now!
Have a great week!
Pravda

Zoe
02-11-2002, 07:48 PM
Hello everyone :wave: ~ this is going to be a very slow week. I only work 4 days this week, off Friday and all next week for vacation. I have to fit 10 days of work into 4 days.....yikes! But I am so looking forward to vacation this time. We're going to FL but unfortunately, we're driving. I couldn't make the plans earlier due to Greg having a meeting with a BIG client and he didn't know when it would be.....so after he found out and we could make our plans, the airfares went from $356 to $893 each!!!! Can you believe that?? So we're driving.

Pravda ~ I pass by your church all the time! I am ALWAYS at the Parks Mall. :) I'll have to come visit when I get back from vacation. What time are your services?

I need to clean up from dinner now. Hope y'all are having a great Monday. Be back soon.

pravda
02-12-2002, 10:03 AM
Zoe-
We have 2 morning services, 830a and 11a. Sunday school is at 10a, and nite time service is at 630p. That is so cool! I hope to see you some time! Have a great vacation, and have a safe drive. Will be praying for you as you drive to Florida.

Pravda