Fitness Videos - Slim In Six. Workout partner ?

View Full Version : Slim In Six. Workout partner ?

kat031
12-17-2007, 02:16 AM
Hey everyone !
Well I'm starting Slim In Six and I was wondering if anyone else was starting it as well. We can do a Slim In Six challange together =]
Any takers ?

cuppajoe
12-20-2007, 11:03 PM
I have the set and was thinking about going through it again.....are you still out there?

cuppa

baldduck
12-29-2007, 09:33 PM
i have been wanting to try slim in six and posted something in another thread about it...

have you started yet?

cuppajoe
12-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi baldduck!

Well...I don't know what happened to everyone else, but I am definitely still here and, in fact, just started my SI6 this morning!

I'd love an accountability partner--how 'bout you?

cuppajoe:D

baldduck
12-31-2007, 08:59 PM
sounds good =) i want to try it because i have heard a lot of good about it. i haven't ordered it yet though.

obviously you like it if you are going to do it again haha, but what are some of the things you do and dont like about it? my husband is coming back from iraq in 3 months and working out at the gym hasn't done a thing haha and i would really like to lose some weight

baldduck
01-01-2008, 01:05 PM
ok cuppajoe, i just ordered it today. im scared though. its the first time ordering any tv workout stuff...

cuppajoe
01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi!

I like it for the good overall workout it gives me. It IS a challenge! My favorite is the Burn It Up 46minute segment. I just kept at it until I could keep up with the video and do all the moves. It will be okay, just start with the beginning segment and work up to the next levels.

Keep me posted on how you're doing! For SURE you wanna look good when your DH comes home! {please thank him for his service to our country!}

cuppa

back at it
01-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Are you still at it?

I just started SI6 on Monday!!

baldduck
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
ok. i just got my SI6 in teh mail. I don't really understand teh diet plan. and it keeps talking about supplements. do you guys take the supplements? do you still get results if you don't take them? i have been really sick this past week so i am going to wait a day or two to start. i can't wait

back at it
01-14-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't take the supplements nor do I follow the diet plan, but I do eat clean and keep the calories down. I am on week 2, started Ramp it Up today and in the first week I lost 1.5 inches off my waist and .5 off each arm!!

baldduck
01-15-2008, 01:12 PM
that is awesome! congrats back at it! so did you do the start it up for a week before moving on? it looks like i will just have to find my own thing for it. im really disappointed in the booklet that came with it. but i am excited to start. i am going to start tomorrow because i am finally starting to feel better. yay!

back at it
01-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Glad you are feeling better!Yes, I stuck to Start it up for a full week, and I'm doing Ramp it up for a week and hope to be able to move on to Burn it up for the remaining 4 weeks but we'll see how my body reacts first! Today my triceps are sore so it's working! LOL!
I think the booklet is actually good but I still don't use it, I enjoy to many different kinds of food to stick to Mishi's ladder! LOL!I have used it in the past and to tell you the truth it DOES work of you follow the plan. I used to be 181lbs and I played around with Slim in 6 off and on, thats how I lost the weight in the first place!
Right now I really want to concentrate on portion control and see how it works before I try a diet plan.
Good Luck tomorrow! I'll check in and see how it went for you!

back at it
01-17-2008, 09:10 PM
So? How did you do?

I'm on day 10!!!!!!!!!Just finished up actually! 2 more days of Ramp it Up and then on to burn it up...looks hard!

baldduck
01-18-2008, 09:41 PM
oh my, when i started i was like ok, this isnt so hard. then there were the lunges and the fast time haha but i did it. today was day three. and im doing better than day one haha i feel a lot better too

how much more intense is Ramp it up than start it up?

back at it
01-19-2008, 01:25 PM
RIU is faster and they throw in some leg lifts! It's also almost twice as long so be prepared to give yourself a good hour to exercise.
I'm having a hard time trying to eat clean and I'm not getting the results I want because of it!
I'm starting BIU on Monday so I'll keep you filled in! LOL!

back at it
01-22-2008, 09:05 PM
baldduck~ How have you been doing?

baldduck
01-23-2008, 02:00 PM
i had to take a day off on mon because my muscles were so sore., i could hardly do the routine. but i am going to start RIU tomorrow. i only lost .5 inches in my waist the first week. but i knew i wasnt going to lose as much because i am having trouble with the eating part, too.

so did you start BIU? how is it?

back at it
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Yep, I'm now on day 4 and it is KILLER! My hamstrings and my left bicep is really sore but I get through the whole routine!!!Pretty amazing considering I'm an asthmatic!!
So far I've lost 2lbs and 8.25 inches! This really works, keep with it!!
You are doing great!

Twentytogo
01-25-2008, 10:45 PM
I have Slim n six, purchased about 3 years ago. I had amazing results. Well it has been collecting dust, and my body shows it. I finally talked myself into starting it again.

Today I did Start It Up. My intentions are to follow the plan in the book, 6 days a week for 6 weeks. Good luck to all and god luck to me!

back at it
01-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Twentytogo~ Welcome aboard!!!! I agree SI6 works!! I slacked off yesterday and I'm so regretting it now because now I have to do 9 days in a row! ACK!!

Good Luck!

Twentytogo
01-26-2008, 03:50 PM
back at it-where are you at in the work out?

I am also looking for anyone for encouragement so I do stay with this the entire 6 weeks. EVEN if you have to get tough with me, I NEED IT! hehe

Twentytogo
01-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Day 2 start it up DONE!

baldduck
01-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Yep, I'm now on day 4 and it is KILLER! My hamstrings and my left bicep is really sore but I get through the whole routine!!!Pretty amazing considering I'm an asthmatic!!
So far I've lost 2lbs and 8.25 inches! This really works, keep with it!!
You are doing great!

8.25 inches? that is awesome! its not working that well for me. then i was told i might have a diastisis? have you ever heard of that? and that working out without working on fixing it first could be making it worse. so now i don't know what to do. i looked up the exercises for a diastisis, but cant seem to do them, and it says to wear a splint while working out?

i may have to stop my SI6 routine until i get it firgured out :?: i still did it today though.

congrats on teh 8.25 inches!!! mine has only been .5 inches so far... and i am on day 4 of RIU

back at it
01-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Stick with it if you can! It's so worth it!

I am at the half way mark!! 3 weeks done!!

I'll be doing another round starting the first or second week of March if anyone wants to join me!

Twentytogo
01-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Week one, day 3 DONE
First day of Ramp It Up

Twentytogo
01-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Hello, if anyone is here. I did Week 1 day 4, ramp it up,and...I did a Leslie Sansone 3 mile walk. I feel :carrot:

Twentytogo
01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
I wish someone would join me here, I could really use a partner.
Anyway, I did Week 1 day 5 YAY ME! Ramp it up. :)

back at it
01-29-2008, 09:54 PM
:bravo:GOOD FOR YOU!!

I'd like to say I'm doing well but I tweaked my back and can't workout for a few days, Dr says:snooty::nono:, I'm going to try and sneak in some tomorrow and see how I feel though:s:

sunsetmac
01-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I've just started the Slim in Six program as of Sunday. I've had it tucked away for over a year...I ordered SI6, P90, and Turbo Jam....always with the thought I was going to pop in the dvd and go. Then the excuses came =) Well I've done it for 3 days now and it's kicking my butt, but I do like the way I feel when I'm done. I think I can really stick with it. My plan is to start with SI6 then move on to TJ and finally try P90. What do you guys think of the program? Any results yet? I won't weigh in til next Sunday.

Twentytogo
01-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi Sunsetmac

This workout does work if you follow it. I do it just like recommened in the book. I will admit its not the most fun workout, but you will notice results quickly. Since you may build muscle, don't pay attention totally to scale. Go by your measurements and how your clothes fit. I finished week 1 today, and I can see the difference already.

Week 1, Ramp It up, day 6, DONE!

sapphireheather
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm an avid Turbo Jammer, but getting a little bored with it, need to change up the workouts a bit. I just got my SI6 in the mail today. Planning on starting it tonight! Would love to keep in touch with you all! :)

astedk
02-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Hello all, I Started SI6 yesterday to supplement my diet. My friend is also coming over to work it out with me!!! I have started this program before and had great results but never kept with it. Now that i have the determination I KNOW I can do it with a little encouragement!
I have lost 4 pounds just with diet alone and my goal for the end of 3 weeks is to go down one pant size and to lose an additional 8! Lemme know if you think it can be done!
--side note-- I find these workout to be alot easier if I turn on other music while I work out. My best bet turn on the radio stations in Itunes to something upbeat!!!

1 out of 36 workouts done!!!

Twentytogo
02-01-2008, 10:12 PM
My first week of slim n six is done. I can see the difference already. Will be following it by the book, so one more week Ramp it up before I burn. Well, been there before a few years ago so I know it is worth it. (I actually find this to be one of the most boring workouts ever, TJ is way more fun), but the results are awesome, if you stick with it. STAY WITH GIRLS, TRUST ME!

sapphireheather
02-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Day 3 down and Start It Up is getting easier. I think I'll hang out with that one for the full 6 days, until my arms and shoulders are fully prepared, they seem to hurt the most from the workout. I'm determined to keep this 6 weeks up, even though the music is boring. :)

delia1
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi, can you tell me what you do after you complete the 6 weeks ? do you start over?

thanks.

Rosario
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
delia1 - with the package that I bought, it came with a dvd Keep it Up....I'm guessing that's what you can use to keep up your workouts after the initial 6 weeks are over.

Can I join you guys??? I'm planning on Starting It Up for tonight. I love SI6!!

sapphireheather - I just listen to my Ipod while doing the workouts to drown out the boring music and Debbie's voice. She'll start getting to you in Ramp it up "Let's keep it going....." (I feel like strangling her)

sapphireheather
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
LOL have you noticed that she doesn't keep count of things either? Especially when doing things that are one sided, like the standing side crunches. I have to skip the marching in between so that I can do both sides evenly. That's annoying! lol I have some music lined up for the workouts now so I don't have to suffer through that annoying music on the video! Would love to have a buddy too! :)

ETA: I forgot to mention I did get day 4 done today!

sapphireheather
02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Day 6 was completed yesterday. Today is my rest day, especially since I looked back at my calendar and realized I haven't taken a workout rest day in over 2 weeks. I'm ready to Burn It Up tomorrow though! I found the Start It Up workout was too short for me, it was definitely a good workout, but I prefer longer workouts, so I was usually doing a WATP video right after the SI6 video. I'm looking forward to the longer workout tomorrow... of course tomorrow night after I do the workout I may be singing a different tune lol. Have a great day everyone!

Rosario
02-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Good Luck Sapphire!! Burn it Up is a killer!! Or are you talking about Ramp it Up? that's the 2nd workout in my set. Either one is definitely way harder than Start it Up.

I have taken a mini break and Im waiting to start again. <sigh>

sapphireheather
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Good Luck Sapphire!! Burn it Up is a killer!! Or are you talking about Ramp it Up? that's the 2nd workout in my set. Either one is definitely way harder than Start it Up.

I have taken a mini break and Im waiting to start again. <sigh>

Sorry, you're right. I had them mixed up. I'm going into week 2 of the workouts. I'm on a rest day today and my mind has gone to mush lol.

sapphireheather
02-08-2008, 10:22 AM
WOW Ramp it Up is much harder than Start It Up, that's for sure! The leg segment was a killer! I could do about half the reps before my leg would give out. This is going to be challenging this week I can tell! :) Have a great day everyone!

daulphin
02-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey guys! I am in my first week of the Slim in 6 series and would love to get in on the support system. I did this program several years ago and it really does work--so keep up the hard work! I am not taking the supplaments--just watching my portion sizes and making sure the right kind of calories go into my body.
Keep at it to all who have started!

sapphireheather
02-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Week 2 Day 2 Ramp It Up done again! It was a bit easier today. I got more reps in during the leg portion than I did yesterday. It's looking up! :) Have a great weekend.

Welcome Daulphin! :) I'm not doing supplements either, just monitoring what I'm eating.

sapphireheather
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Week 2, Day 4 of SI6 Ramp It Up done for today! Getting easier every day! How are you all doing?

daulphin
02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Good morning,
well i lost 3.5 lbs my first week--progress! I started week 2 yesturday, will move up to Ramp It Up on Thurs.
Good job everyone!

daulphin

sapphireheather
02-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Just finished week 2. Tomorrow is a rest day and then on Friday I begin Burn it Up! I didn't do SI6 yesterday, but my personal trainer had me doing a lot of things the video does, so I don't feel guilty about missing one day. I figure I'm good since I worked out one way or another yesterday! lol

How are the rest of you doing?

sapphireheather
02-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Started Burn It Up today. Wow! What a killer workout. I started to run low on stamina about halfway through. The moves are quick! I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow though!

daulphin
02-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Way to go on Burn it Up Heather! I just completed week 2 of the program. I started Ramp it Up on Thursday--more entertaining than Start it Up:) I had low motivation for my saturday workout, but got it done. Today is my rest day...spending it repainting 3 rooms in my house--rest, i think not!:)

Atlchick
02-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey everyone !
Well I'm starting Slim In Six and I was wondering if anyone else was starting it as well. We can do a Slim In Six challange together =]
Any takers ?
Hi!
I just found this website...I got my Slim in 6 in the mail yesterday...did the Start it Up and it was a little harder than I thought! And just now tried to do Burn it Up and had to stop half-way through! Guess I need to stick with SIU for a while. I have gained almost 30 pounds in 3 years. Ugh! I have to do something...are you still looking for a workout partner?

Shamey03
05-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I would love a workout partner for the SN6 program. I started it yesterday and I feel like I can really make it this time, but I would love some motivation.....anyone wanna help?